Nub question - station settings

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreez
x4

Nub question - station settings

Post by Dreez » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 19:00

After having completed the 200+ module PHQ, i'm trying to get the station-settings so that the
station doesn't buy any wares because it's 100% selfsustaining, and only sell the endwares which is ships
and the occasional end of the line wares.
I am also trying to set the settings to tell the station how much of which wares to store at a maximum,
but all the settings is making a lot of error symbols on the overview, which is find extremely annoying.

For example, i want the station to NOT buy any smartchips, or sell, and i want it to store up to 50k units of smartchips
in the container storage.

Stationsettings should be easy enough, but having the overview full of wierd symbols is killing me.

I've unchecked the box for automatic buy, sell, and i changed the option to "only my faction can trade" .
And in the box for units stored, i've typed in the amount i want each ware to store up to maximum.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Eyeklops
x4

Re: Nub question - station settings

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 19:40

It sounds like you set everything up correctly. I don't think those ware indicators can be turned off.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 19:41

Good luck, not sure any one knows this part of the game !
:(

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 00:56

I stopped trying to make sense of the symbols a while ago.
From what you described, your setup should be ok.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 01:29

I have two trade rules that i use for pretty much every station, every middle ware... just depends on if i am selling excess units.

Lets say in the middle of my chain i am producing 1000 smartchips/hour, and i only consume 800/hour.

The first is for buy, somewhat like yours already, no intermediate ware buying. If i overproduce the product, i set it so no one, not even my own faction, can fulfill any buy orders. It is all handled internally, no need for any deliveries from anyone.

The second trade rule is for sales, and I set it so my own ships won't sell it, but NPCs can buy. So only my faction is banned from selling. I do this to keep my station traders selling the wares i want them to sell, like end products. But it still allows NPCs to come and buy excess. Which is fine, gets rid of excess, but my traders are not worrying about it. I try to minimize excess wares as well personally.

And then you already have units stored set correctly. I don't do it for every ware, but ill keep 2 production hours of stock for critical wares, like food/meds so i don't lose workers if something funky happens.

Return to “X4: Foundations”