Random thoughts on design of terran stations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

af_2017
x4

Random thoughts on design of terran stations

Post by af_2017 » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 14:23

Some of terran modules have torus shape.
Which in conjunction with npc's logic "shoot in the center" makes it somewhat longer to destroy in IS because most of the shot just miss.
I find this hilarious, simple and effective way to increase resistance without increasing hull strength. :)
Not sure if this is by design though.
I've noticed the same with dock/build modules for L/XL ships, they are empty in the middle also.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Raptor34
x4

Re: Random thoughts on design of terran stations

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 14:39

Isn't that only for their habitats?
But other thoughts, most Terran modules seems to have up/down connection points, allowing you to build fairly vertical while only being held back by the shit camera controls.
My new larger factories actually look more aesthetically pleasing now while not taking much more effort to design. More effort to actually put things into place though.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 15:08

af_2017 wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 14:23
Which in conjunction with npc's logic "shoot in the center" makes it somewhat longer to destroy in IS because most of the shot just miss.
When you want to get things done, you do them yourself. And approach from side, where solid bits are between you and the "center".

Thankfully Terrans invented the XL Beam for handling the troublesome Terran desing. :twisted:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 17:07

Raptor34 wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 14:39
Isn't that only for their habitats?
Indeed, that's correct. I am not a pro at module knowledge yet :)
jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 15:08
When you want to get things done, you do them yourself. And approach from side, where solid bits are between you and the "center".
That's right, I did it to destroy argon wharfs.
Currently I am delegating combats to npcs sitting at some XL ship and starring at external camera. Or flying around in a small ship collecting drops or destroying annoying M/S ships.
Teleporting myself to another sector and thus turning combat to OOS also helps to speed up things.

A side note I am happy that Asgards or other terran ships have no wholes in the center :D
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Return to “X4: Foundations”