Cover mechanics, story dilemma and the next DLC

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rei Ayanami
x4

Cover mechanics, story dilemma and the next DLC

Post by Rei Ayanami » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 09:53

As most of you should know by now, at one point in one of the CoH-DLC plots you get a ship with a special feature, namely a
Spoiler
Show
cover mechanic, which disguises your ship as a Yaki ship, allowing you to fly freely next to Xenon without getting attacked.
As far as I know this ship loses this special feature once the story plot is over.
Now I am stuck : I feed I'd be stupid to actually finish the plot and lose this unique ability, however it'd also mean that I will have the plots current missions stuck in my mission manager forever and i'll never be able to finish this plot.

My question would be to Egosoft : Will we, with the next DLC (which is rumored to center around piracy) gain the ability to buy these mechanics for our ships (as a new ship software, for example), meaning I can finish my current plot without permanently losing this unique feature, or can't I, since I want to keep this technology, ever finish this plot?

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Cover mechanics, story dilemma and the next DLC

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 10:57

the ship does not loose that cover once the story is over, I used it to scan xenons after I finished all the story
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 11:14

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 10:57
the ship does not loose that cover once the story is over, I used it to scan xenons after I finished all the story
According to some posts on reddit it gets removed when the plot finishes
https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... mechanics/
https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... _question/

According to developer Gimbutz
"The cover mechanic stays on the ship if the player didn't personally
Spoiler
Show
attack the Amplifier station
, since we can't punish players by taking it away if we can't be 100% sure that they meant to destroy it."
viewtopic.php?t=436125
so I guess I have to find a way to get someone else to destroy it...

Still, would be neat if the cover mechanic software was purchaseable on pirate/yaki stations so we can use it on other ships and if we could activate/deactivate it manually and chose the cover faction, it would greatly help those players who want to play as a pirate or spy on enemy stations :)

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 14:00

ohhh, yes I didnt do that personally, well that sucks, its a neat mechanic to spy xenons with it
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Return to “X4: Foundations”