Why NPC-to-NPC bailing was removed?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Re: Why NPC-to-NPC bailing was removed?

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 11:37

I was notified that one of my ships was under attack.

I paused the game and went in search of the poor little thing.

After tracking down the ship, I realised that I should not have any ship at that location, it was poorly equiped and I had not bought it. I then remembered ordering one of my small fleets
to attack a pirate ship in that area.

Seems the original pilot had bailed and my fleet had claimed the ship and put a new pilot on board!
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 11:44

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 09:05
grapedog wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 15:57
I dont think it would be much of sn issue if npcs also claimed abandoned ships.
Jobs, jobs, jobs are a fundamental issue. Jobs (not Steve) defines what ships and how many the NPC do use. NPC can't use ships that we sell them. Claimed ships are no different.
Easy enough to have those ships de-constructed, just like selling ships to a faction. Well, i shouldn't say easy enough, as I don't know the programming... but I would think there could be logic of a sort that says "npc faction claims ship, ship doesn't meet jobs requirements, send ship to nearest wharf/shipyard for tear-down.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 11:56

I can just hear the complaints now - "I was just about to claim a really juicy frigate that I had whittled at for ages to get it to bail when a pesky little NPC rushed over and claimed it before I did! :evil: :evil: "
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 13:30

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 11:56
I can just hear the complaints now - "I was just about to claim a really juicy frigate that I had whittled at for ages to get it to bail when a pesky little NPC rushed over and claimed it before I did! :evil: :evil: "
Should have been faster? Competition is good, makes scoring a abandoned ship even sweeter knowing you were faster than the AI. The salvager NPC that would try to claim could be easily identified just like pirates. "Argon Salvager Nova" or something along those lines...

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 15:40

Guess ill do a bit of necromancy here instead of just making a identical topic, forgive my sins.

Can we get an official answer from the devs on if this feature will make a comeback? You cant just tease us with some amazing feature and then take it away without even a hint at why?

Return to “X4: Foundations”