But, but... it wasn't me!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

But, but... it wasn't me!

Post by Scoob » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 19:34

Hey all,

Just had something funny happen... I'm travelling through the hazardous region in The Void using auto pilot to handle the flying. I'm watching the Map view at the time and notice a badly damaged PIO ship within radar range heading to a nearby station. As I watch said ship explodes, finally taking fatal damage from said hazardous region. However, I instantly get told off and lose a tonne of faction rep for an unauthorised kill! Checking the logs, I took a -3 then (same time stamp) an additional -2 with PIO (-5 in total, which is what the pop-up message said) as well as loosing rep with ANT, who control this sector.

To be clear, zero shots fired, I'm using auto-pilot and in the map view plus it was the hazardous region that killed the ship, nothing to do with me, why would I be blamed? Bug surely? This could explain some of the random reputation losses people experience from time to time, if the Player is blamed for stuff like this when nearby.

Scoob.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: But, but... it wasn't me!

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 23:12

You obviously caused him to swerve into the hazard through your aggressive and dangerous driving. Now his family and employer are also after you through the civil courts for substantial compensation. :D

(I would get your legal representation to try to divert the claim onto the makers of your autopilot. :wink: )
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 23:22

Indeed, if you were not in fact in sector at the time of the event, my clients ship and crew would be otherwise unharmed. By being in sector you take full responsibility for your actions of allowing the hazardous zone to destroy property and life. Now you must pay.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 08:40

Jokes aside, it might be wise to get this looked into.
Considering what's coming in the next patch. But at least there's a beta.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 12:47

If you want something like this properly looked into then the Tech Sp forum is a better bet (ideally, with a supporting vanilla save that shows the issue happening).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”