Update 4.10 - Overview of progress and plans

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RoverTX
x4

Re: Update 4.10 - Overview of progress and plans

Post by RoverTX » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 07:56

Bernd wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 17:49
Fixed medium ships incorrectly showing missile turret compatibility in menus.
Does this mean off the incorrect missile tags on M ships turret connections are being removed? Asking because I will need to redo a mod if so. Will make my life easier in the long run if so also.

For reference.
https://github.com/rovermicrover/x4-improved-bombers

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 13:25

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 12:20
spankahontis wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 21:47
Unless i've missed it? I've not noticed a fix for Xenon Defense Stations.
I had to destroy a Xenon Defence Platform that was stuck at 14% Hull in Hewa's Twin I in order to get the Xenon to rebuild the Defense Station and take the region.
Has this been reported and a savegame provided? Without that we have no way of knowing whether it's been fixed, or indeed whether it's actually a problem in the first place!
There has been several posts talking about it, I'll post my own just incase.

UPDATE: Checking my Dropbox and 'Yes' I have reported this bug in the past.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmf01g47dwdia ... s.zip?dl=0

UPDATE UPDATE: I've added a new report to Beta Forum as I can't find where I posted that Zip file.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

gerudo1164

Post by gerudo1164 » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 18:59

Can we can get an update on how Tharka's Cascade will work? I may have turned that sector into a very profitable factory sector...I'm slightly concerned about my hundred miners suddenly dying as OOS hull damage slowly destorys them.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 21:26

gerudo1164 wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 18:59
Can we can get an update on how Tharka's Cascade will work? I may have turned that sector into a very profitable factory sector...I'm slightly concerned about my hundred miners suddenly dying as OOS hull damage slowly destorys them.
Across all my game starts, i had one station in the void. I have since scuttled it, and built a new one in antigone. If i had multiple stations, that would suck.

gerudo1164

Post by gerudo1164 » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 21:28

grapedog wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 21:26
gerudo1164 wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 18:59
Across all my game starts, i had one station in the void. I have since scuttled it, and built a new one in antigone. If i had multiple stations, that would suck.
Yeah....I'm not against this being fixed, but I'm also not a huge fan of an update turning a sector in which I have most of my miners and factories becoming useless. I have to have a few billion credits invested in there....

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 21:35

Are miners even affected by hull eating nebulas? I kinda thought they are immune, aren't they? Don't know why I was always thinking that to be the case.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 22:41

RoverTX wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 07:56
Does this mean off the incorrect missile tags on M ships turret connections are being removed? Asking because I will need to redo a mod if so. Will make my life easier in the long run if so also.
Yes, exactly that.

michi_oss
x4

Post by michi_oss » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 22:42

Tamina wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 21:35
Are miners even affected by hull eating nebulas?
Yes. You know all ownerless ships?
Spoiler
Show
in the void is an Argon Drill in the hazardous area, which will be destroyed in seconds after you find it.
Strange place for such a ship....
Or did you mean something else?
Die Kraft einer Kerze ist die Flamme, aber sie brennt nur so lange wie der Docht.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 23:32

Tamina wrote:
Are miners even affected by hull eating nebulas? I kinda thought they are immune, aren't they? Don't know why I was always thinking that to be the case.
In Sector? Yes
Out of Sector? Strangely No.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 06:04

Everything looks nice except one simple thing that i really can't understand about these updates... Why putting so much effort to improve the terraforming feature, if the reward after all that effort is minimal, when you restart the game you lose all of your progresses, and literally 0% of the people playing this game has arrived at the end of all the terraforming missions.

Adding terraforming projects is honestly a waste of resources and developing time that could really be used for something elese in my opinion.
There are 7 terraforming projects, nobody has even arrived close to complete them all, why adding two more?

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 06:51

Karvat wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 06:04
Everything looks nice except one simple thing that i really can't understand about these updates... Why putting so much effort to improve the terraforming feature, if the reward after all that effort is minimal, when you restart the game you lose all of your progresses, and literally 0% of the people playing this game has arrived at the end of all the terraforming missions.

Adding terraforming projects is honestly a waste of resources and developing time that could really be used for something elese in my opinion.
There are 7 terraforming projects, nobody has even arrived close to complete them all, why adding two more?
I've read at least 2 on these forums who have completed them all, and I'm working through the impossible ones right now... the rest should be a breeze.

Though I would like to see more benefits for being partially done with some of them. Like halfway marks that earn you discounts, or benefits in some sort of way.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 07:04

Tamina wrote:
It would be interesting if miners are immune. Though they lack the firepower to make much use of it anyway.
Karvat wrote:

Unless I missed it they are just adding basically one or two project which absence should as well be a bug. Not exactly what I call a lot of effort.
Personally I'm holding off on completing terraforming precisely because of these projects lack. I want to hand over perfect worlds.

Ehli
x4

Post by Ehli » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 09:52

Karvat wrote:

The Steam "0%" is rounded, it just means less than 0.05% / 0.1% did it (depending how/if the round, they only show x.y precision). Kinda like the x-treme achievements.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 10:13

Ehli wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 09:52
Karvat wrote:

The Steam "0%" is rounded, it just means less than 0.05% / 0.1% did it (depending how/if the round, they only show x.y precision). Kinda like the x-treme achievements.
I'm still not sure what I gotta do to get the x-treme trading achievement. I have one vanilla game with over 100 billion made, plus probably another similar chunk in ships and property. No clue what I need to do to get progress... i've been stuck at like 26/30 for a while now.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 11:42

Ehli wrote:
Karvat wrote:

That's not even the point, thing is that after all that developing time and resources, and after hours and hours of playing, spending milions of credits, effort, resources and time, you just get some shaders on a planet in the background and that's it, which makes this entire feature just disappointing and pointless over certain limits...

Instead of maybe adding thousands of other possible features way more interesting than that.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 11:57

Karvat wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 11:42
Ehli wrote:
Karvat wrote:

That's not even the point, thing is that after all that developing time and resources, and after hours and hours of playing, spending milions of credits, effort, resources and time, you just get some shaders on a planet in the background and that's it, which makes this entire feature just disappointing and pointless over certain limits...

Instead of maybe adding thousands of other possible features way more interesting than that.
And i am going to make even an example of this... I am completely against the planetary landing, but imagine if instead of adding this terraforming feature (which is apparently useless for 99,95% of the players), they would have instead added a new station module that allows you to interact with any planet since the beginning of the game, opening an interface and allowing you to trade with those planets.

That would have been a 1000 times better feature that everyone could have played since the beginning of the game, 1000 times more interesting, attractive to new possible players and better than terraforming.

And i assume it would have taken exactly the same amount of developing time and resoruces.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 12:21

The terraforming changes in this update are all fixes for problems encountered by players while playing it. You personally may not find that portion of the game interesting, but others do and have been waiting for those fixes.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 13:08

Karvat wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 11:42
Ehli wrote:
Karvat wrote:

You also get things like group skill training, can reduce pirate activity, can earn lots of credits.... it's more than just shaders on a planet.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 13:18

Karvat wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 11:57
apparently useless for 99,95% of the players
1000 times better feature
1000 times more interesting
Those are your opinions and estimates. I'll divide those numbers with the time I've played X4 according to Steam.
Oh no, division by zero is not allowed. :oops:

The point is that we don't have comprehensive statistics and even if we had, quantification would still be practically impossible.

"Trade with planets" would be not only trade with a station that is called "planet", but also a can of worms. Earlier games had it. X4 does its best to follow a different philosophy. That is good.

IMHO, Egosoft may freely add what they want and fix what the can.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 14:59

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 13:18
Earlier games had it. X4 does its best to follow a different philosophy. That is good.
No they didn't. Or at least none I remember.

Return to “X4: Foundations”