Finding wares and factories in-game via encyclopediia

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palenaka
x3tc

Finding wares and factories in-game via encyclopediia

Post by palenaka » Mon, 31. May 21, 00:18

In X3 I could use the encyclopedia in-game, and it would tell me where any particular ware was available in game (to buy/sell) whether in factories or EQ docks. I really liked finding that information in game.

How can I find this in X4? The encyclopedia in X4 seems to just have some general descriptions but isn't very helpful. I'm probably looking in the wrong place

thank you

grapedog
x4

Re: Finding wares and factories in-game via encyclopediia

Post by grapedog » Mon, 31. May 21, 01:29

In the map screen, top right corner, should be a little search window. Next to it, a few buttons. These can all adjust different setting on your map screen, including trade filters. If you type a ware into the box, for example hull parts, press enter... it will show you the trade available for just hull parts. Who is buying and selling, and where.

Though it will only show you info for stations you have updated trade info on. So stations that have recently been visited by a ship with the trading software, stations within range of a satellite, or stations you sre aware of and have purchased a trade agreement from that faction.

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Mon, 31. May 21, 01:40

thank you for the answer, that is helpful

Diroc
x4

Post by Diroc » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 03:40

This map search function works for more than just wares and factories.
One of my favorite searches is "Plunderer" (SCA capital ships)
Great if you're looking for boarding opportunities with no negative consequence.
If you do it for profit, Make an empty loadout for each model for a chosen race's shipyard. (Cheapest engine, Thruster, no weapons, no turrets, no consumeables, no shields, minimal software etc.) Engines are race specific hence chosen race.
"Upgrade" the ship to the empty loadout. Repair it (Not part of the loadout as it varies ship to ship its an extra 2 clicks after the load). Sell the ship to the shipyard when the "Profitable upgrade and repair" is finished. Profitssss...

It's worth noting when searching for ships, effective results are a function of radar coverage of the galaxy. Stations don't really change wares much. Ship searches show stuff real time within radar coverage.

Return to “X4: Foundations”