[SUGESTION] mod presets

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kmunoz
x4

Re: [SUGESTION] mod presets

Post by kmunoz » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 03:48

Eyeklops wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 20:31
I was under the impression a savegame gets internally marked "modded" if saved during a modded session and could not be used for ventures even if the mod was no longer active. The only mod I used is DeadAir AI Tweaks and if I could turn that back on without jeopardy of disqualifying my savegame for Ventures that would be great.
That's correct - the "modded" flag is permanent, even after removing the mods, since the save would still bear the effects of the mod.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

Falcrack
x4

Mod profiles please!

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 14. Aug 21, 16:59

I find myself switching between modded and unmodded games quite frequently. It is a tedious chore sometime to remember all the mods I had previously activated. This is all the functionality I would want it to have:

1. When I save a mod profile (with a custom name), all the extensions which are "on" at the time are saved with this profile
2. When I load a profile, all the mods which are "on" for this profile are turned on, and all the mods which are not part of this profile are turned off.
3. I restart the game, the mods I want are now active, and I load up the game.

No messing with Steam Workshop, no automatic saving of mod profiles for specific save games. Just a simple profile I can load up so I don't have to remember all the different mods I want to be active.

Return to “X4: Foundations”