Unauthorized Kill Question

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FrankMintor209
x4

Unauthorized Kill Question

Post by FrankMintor209 » Tue, 25. May 21, 23:04

So quick question,

Is there a way to see what one of your ships did an unauthorized kill? It is like finding a needle in a needle stack with over a few thousands of ships I control. I just need to know the area where it is happening so I can figure out how to fix it instead of going from positive to negative without a way to correct it.

Jaskan

Re: Unauthorized Kill Question

Post by Jaskan » Wed, 26. May 21, 03:01

FrankMintor209 wrote:
Tue, 25. May 21, 23:04
So quick question,

Is there a way to see what one of your ships did an unauthorized kill? It is like finding a needle in a needle stack with over a few thousands of ships I control. I just need to know the area where it is happening so I can figure out how to fix it instead of going from positive to negative without a way to correct it.
I asked a similar question this week, like how is player supposed to know where it happened , when no sector or ship information is added. Sounds like a game in Beta version befor first release, but 3 DLC's later this thing that should have sorted version 0.0 is still here.

You get message unauthorized kill, on a map with nearly 50 sectors depending on mods. So you pause the game and spend like half an hour visually combing every sector.

Correct me if a wrong similar goes for modding ships, spneding 15mins modding 1 ship is ok, but what if you have 100, you gona spend 15mins on each.

Egosoft please when you decide on a procedure, then ask how will player do this in large quantity. Cause a lot of procedure in the game assume you are only doing one.

I am really starting to dislike egosoft attitude to completeness and priorities, a game with bugs like this needs not DLC yet.

This is why i say, i have never seen a game that depends so heavily on moders for it to be usable, never try to play x4 without cheat menu and other mods, it the difference between fun relaxation into hell of stress.

Its literally an incomplete game with 3 DLCs so far.

What i do , ignore the unauthorized kill, and just fix relations with cheatmenu, beats spending an hour combing each sector for the cause. Seems like nobody at Egosoft actually plays this game. And i say again, modding ships too needs a solution thats aware folks could have 100's of ships.

This is why i say the log, needs to be available on map screen, the log is not for review at end of the game, its for use during, so it should be on map screen. Without a scrollable log in foreground you are missing important events. The game assumes player is always in a ship, and in youtube you see folks spend most time on map screen which has no view of the log.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Fri, 28. May 21, 18:51

Unauthorized kill should be logged or add a clear indication where is happening...also this kind of notification should be able to turn off completely. When we are at war is a real nuisance!!

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 28. May 21, 19:04

if you're getting unauthorized kills, what kind of mayhem are you letting your ships get up to? i sounds like you don't have very good control of your captains.

while i agree that something like this should have better messages... it shouldn't be so urgent either. If your fleets were better positioned, with better orders, this wouldn't happen.

most likely, someone in a fleet picked up contraband items... when the police came by and found a ship carrying those items, and it didn't drop them upon police request according to sector laws, a fight breaks out and your fleet nukes some poor sap in an S fighter just trying to do his job and provide for his family.

You should probably tell your ships not to pick up contraband items, clean out their inventories from time to time, or tell them to comply with police requests. I can't remember the last time I had an unauthorized kill, but it's been months at least.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 28. May 21, 19:18

grapedog wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 19:04
if you're getting unauthorized kills, what kind of mayhem are you letting your ships get up to? i sounds like you don't have very good control of your captains.

while i agree that something like this should have better messages... it shouldn't be so urgent either. If your fleets were better positioned, with better orders, this wouldn't happen.

most likely, someone in a fleet picked up contraband items... when the police came by and found a ship carrying those items, and it didn't drop them upon police request according to sector laws, a fight breaks out and your fleet nukes some poor sap in an S fighter just trying to do his job and provide for his family.

You should probably tell your ships not to pick up contraband items, clean out their inventories from time to time, or tell them to comply with police requests. I can't remember the last time I had an unauthorized kill, but it's been months at least.
Tbf if we don't have any records we are letting them get up to all the mayhem they want.
With that said, I've never had problems with this. It's really rare that any of my ships pick up anything on their own without orders, afaict the only ones are from ramming into asteroids when I was IS.
Everything else is picked up by my fighters who generally stay docked which I think essentially renders them invisible to scans.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Fri, 28. May 21, 19:26

grapedog wrote:

I literally on war with MIN and when they build a shipyard/wharf headquarters in one of my new sector I keep receiving this kill notification specially when my ships start squashing all their assets around. I don't understand, I am at war with them!! why do I receive a unauthorized kill notification?...I don't care about any of their notifications, specially if I intentionally want to eliminate theirs assets.

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Fri, 28. May 21, 20:29

capitalduty wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 18:51
Unauthorized kill should be logged or add a clear indication where is happening...also this kind of notification should be able to turn off completely. When we are at war is a real nuisance!!
I don't think you can specifically for Unauthorized kill, but you can turn off notifications for loss of rep which will stop these messages.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Fri, 28. May 21, 20:43

BelatedHero wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 20:29
capitalduty wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 18:51
I don't think you can specifically for Unauthorized kill, but you can turn off notifications for loss of rep which will stop these messages.
Thanks for the heads up. But I am already aware about loss reputation notification turn off switch, in this case it's really about unauthorized kill notification that appears not to be able to entirely switch off.

FrankMintor209
x4

Post by FrankMintor209 » Sat, 29. May 21, 06:33

grapedog wrote:

I get it often when I am clearing out my sectors of pirates it seems like. When I am actively having my ships shoot TEM, they change to another flag and I seem to loose rep even though all my ships have police scanners. It is just annoying to have pirates attack my ships and show their true ID's to have them switch when my ships are already shooting them to loose rep.

Just want to be able to click on an arrow like the destroyed ship to see where it is happening. Plus hard to look at thousands of captains so late in the game. I mean I have 400+ battleships, 800+ Frigates, few carrier groups, and 100's of trading ships subbed to 100's of stations. Hard to keep track of them all.

NeiroAtOpelCC
x4

Post by NeiroAtOpelCC » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 21:37

Old thread, but I'd like to point out that this is still an issue.
I've just started a new X4 game a few days ago because my old game couldn't run at more than 3-4fps (3900x, 80gb memory, nvme).
I had to start over once already, because while I was afk for maybe 10 minutes I went from +10 to -17 due to this kill thing.
In the new game I've got global orders to not enter Mars, to ignore any attacks, comply with police, run away from pirates and only use weapons defensively. I've also set the relation thing to only shoot at things with -25 or more in general.

Today I was making dinner. Was gone for maybe 20 minutes at a time. I have to quicksave every time I leave the computer and check reps when I get back. I've had to reload a quick or auto save at least 6 times in the last two hours.

Actually while writing this, I went from +10 to +7 with no red blinking in my ship list that I noticed. And I don't have 200 ships or anything yet.

I think it must be a bug - I don't see any way I could've asked them to attack friendlies.

I am astounded both by how poorly the game runs as well as how many bugs are still left in it. I kind of agree with the ranting guy from earlier, that the game shouldn't be in a release version like this.

Just the fact that ventures aren't explained anywhere, and when I finally found that 'online' thing in the menu, it was grayed out as disabled.

Edit: I may have possibly found out what's going on. It's the stupid tutorial mission that assigns me a wingman with a buggy script I think.
See the log part below

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 23267.27 Error in MD cue md.FactionSubgoal_Recon.ReconArrivedAtTarget<inst:1107aa5>: Property lookup failed: $Target.sector
* $Target == component.{0x51cfL} (invalid)
* Expression: Set_Ship_Order.$OrderShip.sector == $Target.sector and Set_Ship_Order.$OrderShip.distanceto.{$Target} lt 30000m
[General] 23267.27 ======================================
[General] 23578.93 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 23578.93 Error in MD cue md.Story_Yaki.Wingmate_Join_Player: Property lookup failed: event.param.owner
* event.param == null
* Expression: event.param == $TerranOutpostSector or event.param == $YakiExitSector or event.param.owner == faction.terran
[General] 23578.93 ======================================
[General] 23970.61 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 23970.61 Error in MD cue md.Story_Yaki.Wingmate_Join_Player: Property lookup failed: event.param.owner
* event.param == null
* Expression: event.param == $TerranOutpostSector or event.param == $YakiExitSector or event.param.owner == faction.terran
[General] 23970.61 ======================================
[General] 24212.46 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 24212.46 Error in MD cue md.PlayerReputation.Base<inst:314869b>: Too many line breaks in text, max number of lines is 4
* Expression: 'You have been stripped of licence:\n' + $LicencesToRemoveText
* Action: <show_notification>, line 222

Silkwrm
x4

Post by Silkwrm » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 03:37

Yeah I definitely agree with the notifications. I'm vanilla and the only time I've ever got an accidental as of last couple patches was.

Friendly fire
Accidentally ramming a small ship insta explode.
Mines
Turrets on a drug runner not set to comply

Otherwise it's a trader pelting sca or fra

nemo1887
x4

Post by nemo1887 » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 10:33

you just need to add two lines of code to "notifications.xml" to know the sector in the newspaper

NeiroAtOpelCC
x4

Post by NeiroAtOpelCC » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 01:32

nemo1887 wrote:
Wed, 14. Jul 21, 10:33
you just need to add two lines of code to "notifications.xml" to know the sector in the newspaper
What needs to be added in there, and where?

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Tue, 10. Aug 21, 03:15

Not sure why this isn't added to the base game - such a simple fix. Any notification in the log should ALWAYS show the ship / sector that was involved.

Return to “X4: Foundations”