tour bus shapeshifter

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ebdons

tour bus shapeshifter

Post by ebdons » Mon, 24. May 21, 14:38

hi not seen these do this before unless it's a bug maybe, changed from one version. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2496526060 to this version. https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/s ... mostrecent. no big deal just asking if it's a real effect?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: tour bus shapeshifter

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 24. May 21, 21:24

Just from a really quick look, the first looks more Commonwealth while the second looks more Terran.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 24. May 21, 21:29

Did it dock and then launch again? The different races have different mass traffic that fit their style. Perhaps the mass traffic id's are persistent but the model is just picked randomly rather than being saved.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 24. May 21, 21:56

Hmm, the ships in the screenshots that I saw had different ship ID numbers (the second ship was CTZ 008). That second link is dynamic and is now showing a different picture so I'm not sure what we are comparing any more or that I saw the intended screenshot when I commented above.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ebdons

Post by ebdons » Mon, 24. May 21, 23:02

thanks folks, it did morph into the other ship with the same pilot a lizard looking chap, from the green ship to the silver ship but it's probably a bug but the centre of the ship at the front is the same design tho.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 24. May 21, 23:36

if the ID's are different, the ships are different. they can be the same model, the same name... a station can have a LOT of mass traffic ships, and the generic names get recycled. The pilot will probably all look similar too since mass traffic is tied to a station. If the pilots were TEL, it was probably a TEL station, maybe in Turquoise Seas.

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Mon, 24. May 21, 23:47

grapedog wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 23:36
if the ID's are different, the ships are different. they can be the same model, the same name... a station can have a LOT of mass traffic ships, and the generic names get recycled. The pilot will probably all look similar too since mass traffic is tied to a station. If the pilots were TEL, it was probably a TEL station, maybe in Turquoise Seas.
The IDs were both TVS-770. Tour Bus B.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 24. May 21, 23:50

Fishille wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 23:47
grapedog wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 23:36
The IDs were both TVS-770. Tour Bus B.
There are no pictures anymore, so it seems moot. But I doubt it's a bug. It may just how mass traffic ships are recycled.

ebdons

Post by ebdons » Tue, 25. May 21, 01:16

pics are still there but the later one is further down the page. but unless the ships spawned like that i don't know, unless one was clothed inside the other, but these are ships we can't fly are they?

Return to “X4: Foundations”