Inside Egosoft Podcast -- #05 Stories and Missions -- now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shehriazad
x4

Re: Inside Egosoft Podcast -- Episode #01 Multiverse Team Seasons -- now available

Post by Shehriazad » Sat, 22. May 21, 00:24

iovic wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 00:03
Egosoft will have to be extremely careful with how they choose to monetise it. There's a lot of negative optics surrounding online monetization these days because of certain infamous publishers. Looking at you, EA, Ubisoft, Activision-Blizzard, 2K, etc.

I do understand that they'll need to recoup development and server costs, but I also understand that monetization will annoy a lot of players.
Isn't the server cost almost negligible since there isn't any real "online" in the online mode? (So no need for high capacity and no need for high performance like you'd need it for online games that need to handle a lot of realtime player input)

Also not even sure what they'd monetize. Game is highly moddable and we're also talking buy 2 play type of game here.
I guess I'd pay a SMALL sum if they released some sort of permanent paintjob dlc based off of the consumable ones from ventures. Elite Dangerous has something like it I think. 2-4.99 for a handful of permanent version paintjobs that'll still be available as consumables from ventures.

But that'd only happen because I like them as a Dev studio and not because I particularly want the skins.

Fishille
x4

Re: Inside Egosoft Podcast -- Episode #01 Multiverse Team Seasons -- now available

Post by Fishille » Sat, 22. May 21, 00:35

I second paying for some DLC skin content to support the dev, there’s another umm “game” (term used loosely there) that people spend stupid money buying pictures of space ships. (SMH) I wouldn’t mind spending a few bucks helping a company that actually makes fun games.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sat, 22. May 21, 07:07

Fishille wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 00:35
I second paying for some DLC skin content to support the dev, there’s another umm “game” (term used loosely there) that people spend stupid money buying pictures of space ships. (SMH) I wouldn’t mind spending a few bucks helping a company that actually makes fun games.
*cough* yeah who would buy pictures of spaceships that may or may not ever exist... (looks around nervously)

But in all seriousness, I would pay for some small cosmetic DLC maybe even DLC that changes up the vanilla ships. (Or adds borons...)

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sat, 22. May 21, 12:09

Fishille wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 00:35
That’s exactly how all the bs with microtransactions and the corporate greed of those other dev‘s/publishers began.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 22. May 21, 12:30

How is this new feature going to work with savegames and dying? How do you prevent people using death to load a "better" savegame?
Credence follow stars.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sat, 22. May 21, 19:21

Skjoldpadde wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 12:30
How is this new feature going to work with savegames and dying? How do you prevent people using death to load a "better" savegame?
Huh? Old venture already had no issues with this as the outcomes are basically more or less dictated by the server. You can reload all you want, the result of your ventures will stay the same. And if there is an active component to it in the new ventures then it wouldn't really matter, anyway. In that case just treat it like online games that usually let you re-do your fails until you eventually succeed, anyway.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 22. May 21, 20:11

I mean on the podcast they where talking about not being able to load an older savegame once we opted to be in the multiplayer with that save. I dont see how this can be avoided if the game reloads when we die
Credence follow stars.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 22. May 21, 20:23

Skjoldpadde wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 20:11
I mean on the podcast they where talking about not being able to load an older savegame once we opted to be in the multiplayer with that save. I dont see how this can be avoided if the game reloads when we die
You have a time mark because I did not hear him saying that?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

errorname1002
x4

Post by errorname1002 » Sat, 22. May 21, 20:41

Skjoldpadde wrote:
Older "Separate" save games can be loaded , but you will not be able to access multiplayer over there. Although you can replace your online save with 1 of them if you wish later on .From what I understand, while playing in the online save, you can save as normal offline save if you want to make a back up point. I think the online save (the one you chose to use for multiplayer) has something similar to Iron man mode with maybe autosaves over writing the save ? I am not sure, but in the last Egosoft stream you could see a choice in the menu to load latest online save and a choice to continue venture game, that is separate from continue game.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 22. May 21, 20:44

Tamina wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 20:23
Skjoldpadde wrote:
You have a time mark because I did not hear him saying that?
https://youtu.be/HCQnWHVpTw8?t=670
Credence follow stars.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 22. May 21, 20:58

errorname1002 wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 20:41
Skjoldpadde wrote:
Older "Separate" save games can be loaded , but you will not be able to access multiplayer over there. Although you can replace your online save with 1 of them if you wish later on .From what I understand, while playing in the online save, you can save as normal offline save if you want to make a back up point. I think the online save (the one you chose to use for multiplayer) has something similar to Iron man mode with maybe autosaves over writing the save ? I am not sure, but in the last Egosoft stream you could see a choice in the menu to load latest online save and a choice to continue venture game, that is separate from continue game.
I should have worded it better. Like you say the online savegame part is the persistent part where you are not able to load older savegames to for example get a better weapon mod result.
The rest of the game works the same as it has done.
Credence follow stars.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 22. May 21, 21:32

Skjoldpadde wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 20:44
https://youtu.be/HCQnWHVpTw8?t=670
Ah, interesting, thank you very much. "You can't go back to older savegame states"

Yeah, that IS a good question...

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 23. May 21, 18:15

Well at least the good part is that with the speed Egosoft is developing the ventures, we can expect them to be done a day after Star Citizen is done :)

Better stay with Single Player mechanics - pretty much the only three things that keep me with X are:
- Single Player only
- Mods
- Ability to own everything, from fighter, station, carrier and sectors.

Ventures take away 2 out of these 3 points, so honestly this is move in dead end direction.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Sun, 23. May 21, 19:09

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 23. May 21, 18:15
Well at least the good part is that with the speed Egosoft is developing the ventures, we can expect them to be done a day after Star Citizen is done :)

Better stay with Single Player mechanics - pretty much the only three things that keep me with X are:
- Single Player only
- Mods

Ventures take away 2 out of these 3 points, so honestly this is move in dead end direction.
For you it is a dead end direction...and for others it is something desirable. Not every decision they make will be aimed at you specifically.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 23. May 21, 20:15

Slashman wrote:
Sun, 23. May 21, 19:09
mr.WHO wrote:

- Single Player only
- Mods

For you it is a dead end direction...and for others it is something desirable. Not every decision they make will be aimed at you specifically.
Jip, just like pursuing the idea of X:Rebirth this crossroad leads to a new shift in the X4 community.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sun, 23. May 21, 20:34

mr.WHO wrote:

- Single Player only
- Mods

How does it take ANYTHING away? You can still play it single player only, you can still use mods, you can still own everything, especially when you are modding your game.

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Otas Elite
x4

Post by Otas Elite » Sun, 23. May 21, 23:46

Multiplayer does not develop itself. The developer time could just as well be invested to make the singleplayer better.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sun, 23. May 21, 23:55

Otas Elite wrote:
Sun, 23. May 21, 23:46
Multiplayer does not develop itself. The developer time could just as well be invested to make the singleplayer better.
In my opinion it does make the single player better cause its not really true multiplayer.
I want more combat and more enemy factions in the game and not only is egosoft working on the "sortof multiplayer" that will make the universe have more enemies , a new faction (Coalition) and more action.
But they are even working on a dlc with piracy wich will bring even more good stuff into the universe.
They are making the single player better. This so called multiplayer is part of that imo. The new feature is 25% multiplayer
75% single player imo. Its not like you will be raided by other players controlling ships directly or even indirectly. Its all AI controlled ships
Credence follow stars.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 24. May 21, 00:27

mr.WHO wrote:

- Single Player only
- Mods

The thing is, we are waiting for them to fix things they screwed up in 4.0. There won't be a patch before 4.10 so... its really bad.

paiku
x4

Post by paiku » Mon, 24. May 21, 13:54

I just don't feel like playing right now, just finished the new plots and now i will wait until they improve that mining thing. it just feels really bad. i hope the will improve it with the next patch. i mean resource probes are so dumb right now, they are kind of needed, but causing alot of troubles. I am tired of trial and error placing probes. It ruins the game for me. I can't stand watching my miners don'T (or veeeeeery slowly) fill up while there should be millions of ores/silicon in that sector.

Return to “X4: Foundations”