Inside Egosoft Podcast -- #05 Stories and Missions -- now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Re: Inside Egosoft Podcast -- Episode #01 Multiverse Team Seasons -- now available

Post by Axeface » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 19:32

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 17:12
Maybe a misunderstanding. The factors that affect gamestart budgets are not "achievements" in the Steam sense. There's no pop-up associated with, say, unlocking some additional relation budget for custom gamestarts.
Ah great, yeh I must have misunderstood. Thanks.

Panos
x4

Re: Inside Egosoft Podcast -- Episode #01 Multiverse Team Seasons -- now available

Post by Panos » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 22:04

Any indication for 3rd part of the podcast? I was excited the first to times. Don't stop them :mrgreen:

Remind me the good old days of Eve Online 20 years ago somehow. The only missing was having a hard copy magazine too with everything going on :mrgreen:

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 14:07

The title of the thread needs to keep up to date, theres a 2nd out so it should reflect that.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 08:30

Skeeter wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 14:07
The title of the thread needs to keep up to date, theres a 2nd out so it should reflect that.
Thanks for pointing that out, I just updated it.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Inside Egosoft Podcast -- Episode #02 Custom Game Start -- now available

Post by Gregory » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 07:59

Inside Egosoft Podcast #03 – X3: Farnham's Legacy

In Episode #03 of the Inside Egosoft podcast, Greg talks to Ketraar, who was part of the X3: Farnham's Legacy project team. Greg also gives you a quick overview on our recently started 4.10 Beta for X4: Foundations.

▪️ Spotify
▪️ Pocket Casts
▪️ Google Podcasts
▪️ Apple Podcasts
▪️ Breaker
▪️ RadioPublic
▪️ Anchor

Enjoy this new episode, and don't forget to subscribe to Inside Egosoft in your favourite podcast app. If you don't want to use an audio app, you can of course listen to the podcast in your browser (e.g. via Anchor) or find it on our YouTube channel.

Thanks for tuning in!

Auzerai
x4

Re: Inside Egosoft Podcast -- Episode #03 X3: Farnham's Legacy -- now available

Post by Auzerai » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 16:11

Apple podcasts is still only showing the trailer and none of the actual content. Perhaps address this issue.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 16:30

We'll address it again, not much else we can do unfortunately… Officially, Apple Podcasts is currently delayed on ingesting new podcast episodes. It's not an issue on our end, seeing how the episodes are live on the other platforms.

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 23:55

I didnt know where to post this as I found no matching thread so i will post it here. Feel free to correct or even move the post.

While I personally see the X-series as a singleplayer game, I had no reservations about the early X4 online features, the now disabled ventures, and their possible iterations. In the past I played more multiplayer games, even MMORPGs. But as someone get older, priorities shift. I don't know about the target audience but I can imagine that there is a dedicated fanbase which also aged along the X-games. Additionally I can see the magic as a smaller company to try out more and more online features, even as a part of a revenue.
But I don't think I will like the multiverse. There are several reasons:
  • While I have a normal friend circle, on those who also play some games, noone play those, I do, like X4. Not that I'm not able to search for people online to participate with me in this new feature, I simply don't want this anymore.
  • I shifted from time-consuming online games to mostly singleplayer games due to duties as an adult, work and other real-life activities. I don't want to have the feeling I miss something not participating in those multiverse activities when playing X4. I rather don't play X4 anymore (and don't buy additional stuff) then having the feeling to be forced to play to reach several goals (e.g. seasonal content, skins, etc.)
  • I already experienced different "seasonal" experience in online games, like WoW (seasonal events, addons can be seen as "seasonal" content too) or Diablo 3 seasons. People expecting ongoing content, free or paid, so as a company you are forced to continously deliver. Nothing against Egosoft, but as a small team, that will block ressources needed elsewhere. And as a player, the magic will dwindle over time and if you focus on those seasons, you will lose players and fanbase.
  • In my opinion there are alot of other similar games already out there where their developers already had the experience for that kind of content. Don't try to reinvent the wheel or it just ends like this xkcd comic: https://xkcd.com/927/
  • Developing and maintaining online services/features will cost alot of one-time and ongoing ressources then offline features. There is alot of things which still can be done, QoL or as new content, rather to evade those with online activites.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Inside Egosoft Podcast -- Episode #04 Station Editor -- now available

Post by Gregory » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 19:43

In Episode #04 of the Inside Egosoft podcast, Greg talks to Matthias, who is currently working on some enhancements to the Station Editor feature in X4: Foundations. Matthias discusses the fact that he'd like to make the Station Editor more accessible, and talks about the new possibilities that will be opened up when constructing a station. The improvements he mentions are planned to be available in a forthcoming beta version of X4: Foundations 4.10.

▪️ Spotify
▪️ Pocket Casts
▪️ Google Podcasts
▪️ Apple Podcasts
▪️ Breaker
▪️ RadioPublic
▪️ Anchor

We hope you enjoy this new episode; don't forget to subscribe to Inside Egosoft using your favourite podcast app. If you don't want to use an audio app, then you can of course listen to the podcast in your browser (e.g. via https://anchor.fm/inside-egosoft) or find it on our YouTube channel.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 20:16

My biggest wish for a station editor would be better tools to calculate the station needs (resources needed per hour, products per hour, workforce requirements and bonuses, estimated profit per hour) prior to the station being built. Basically an in game version of the X4 station complex calculator, or at least something which would allow similar functionality.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 00:12

Can we finally get a free view camera that is not locked to the center and can’t be moved all around? Can we also get move tools to exactly place modules where we want?

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 03:47

I think the free move camera was mentioned in the podcast, @rene6740.

Also mentioned: ability to rotate around the other two axis!
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 15:32

C'est super !! (great !)

steph
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 17:54

Free camera, with actual vertical panning. My wish is finally come true!
Now I'll be able to start thinking vertically again. :D

Free modules rotation will be nice, too. I hope we'll see some crazy builds with that.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

doxbollox

Post by doxbollox » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 21:46

It's so impressive to see how EGOsoft staff are spearheading the way in the 21st century with superior communication tools like audio podcasts. What advanced marketing/communication tools are you going to introduce next Gregory, Morse code or Fax??!
Last edited by doxbollox on Mon, 26. Jul 21, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 21:47

doxbollox wrote:
Mon, 26. Jul 21, 21:46
It's so impressive to see how EGOsoft staff are spearheading the way in the 21st century with audio podcasts. What advanced marketing/communication tools are you going to introduce next Gregory, Morse code or Fax??!
Their next innovation is the introduction of a brand new rhetorical device, known as "sarcasm".

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 01:38

Now if that unlocked camera control could be used in pause mode when viewing the outside of a ship, we could get some sweet screenshots!
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 11:53

doxbollox wrote:
What advanced marketing/communication tools are you going to introduce next Gregory, Morse code or Fax??!
Send me a PM with your number and I'll add you to my exclusive pager messaging list :P
Anything else can be found at https://linktr.ee/egosoft

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 20:09

When did podcasts become outdated? They've been around for a couple decades maybe, but major outlets use them and start new ones regularly...
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 20:26

Gregory wrote:
Tue, 27. Jul 21, 11:53
doxbollox wrote:
What advanced marketing/communication tools are you going to introduce next Gregory, Morse code or Fax??!
Send me a PM with your number and I'll add you to my exclusive pager messaging list :P
Anything else can be found at https://linktr.ee/egosoft
O'rly? TikTok? -10 reputation. :P

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Return to “X4: Foundations”