Inside Egosoft Podcast -- #05 Stories and Missions -- now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Re: Inside Egosoft Podcast -- Episode #01 Multiverse Team Seasons -- now available

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 17:19

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 13:05
Just to be clear, no, it's a gamestart editor, not a galaxy editor. It lets you chose how you, the player, start out, not how the other factions start.
A galaxy editor would be super cool though! Please consider that for the future.

Raevyan
x4

Re: Inside Egosoft Podcast -- Episode #01 Multiverse Team Seasons -- now available

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 17:37

So the „budget“ takes all my previous saves into account? Also why does the custom gamestart would give you a modified tag? Balancing for multiverse? One could just have used an older save and have more resources available than the custom gamestart could give you... limiting the capabilities of the custom start just because of balancing the multiverse is a pretty bad argument, when you can use an existing unmodified savegame. This would only make sense, if you‘d have to start a new save to participate in the multiverse...

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 17:47

Since steam achievements do not care whether you are using an unmodified game or not, could you exploit this to cheat yourself trillions in funds and ships and stations in one game, get whatever achievements are associated with those, then unlock those sorts of things in your unmodified custom game start?

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 18:37

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 17:47
Since steam achievements do not care whether you are using an unmodified game or not, could you exploit this to cheat yourself trillions in funds and ships and stations in one game, get whatever achievements are associated with those, then unlock those sorts of things in your unmodified custom game start?
Sure, Egosoft overengineers a lot of gameplay mechanics, but in case of the game start editor they provide a input field where the player can enter the desired credit balance he wants to start with.

/s
rene6740 wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 17:37
Also why does the custom gamestart would give you a modified tag?
They never said that - please listen again to the podcast. Owen talked about X:³ Farnhalms Legacy and how the editor THERE marks the savegame in THAT OTHER GAME. He also makes a loose comparions, no "it will exactly work like that".
rene6740 wrote:
So the „budget“ takes all my previous saves into account?
Think about a similar mechanic like when you enable the "hidden gamestarts" (e.g. the Teladi one). You reach certain milestones while playing the game and qualify for additional stuff.

If you never played Pillars of Enternity 2 - check this examples:
https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextral ... +Game+Plus

There you also unlock things by playing the game - and on a new game+ you can opt to pick some of the advantages.
rene6740 wrote:
limiting the capabilities of the custom start just because of balancing the multiverse is a pretty bad argument
This is no "let me do what I want"-editor, this is just a moderated new game+ mode to let you choose various advantages when starting over. Just to be clear - there were wishes for something like that in the community. And while Egosoft certainly has no chance to bring every and all suggestions / wishes into the game this one made it. (so let's celebrate :) )

In case of X4 this tool also helps to kickstart a new savegame to be fit for ventures. Whatever that means - it isn't released yet and no one besides the devs know to what extend one can affect the PvP gameplay with own assets. But I really doubt that a player with Billions of credits can just roflstomp all other players. I guess there will be limits on how many stuff you can pump into the async multiplayer part.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 03:46

chew-ie wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 18:37
rene6740 wrote:
Also why does the custom gamestart would give you a modified tag?
They never said that - please listen again to the podcast. Owen talked about X:³ Farnhalms Legacy and how the editor THERE marks the savegame in THAT OTHER GAME. He also makes a loose comparions, no "it will exactly work like that".
rene6740 wrote:
So the „budget“ takes all my previous saves into account?
Think about a similar mechanic like when you enable the "hidden gamestarts" (e.g. the Teladi one). You reach certain milestones while playing the game and qualify for additional stuff.
9:15 Owen finishes up the X3FL Comparision (which following the X2-X3 Script Editor does ***modified*** game.)
Greg(ory) Then follows with the clarifying question about the savegame unmodified/modified border.
9:50 Owen Responds

there's two other short questions/ responses

14:40 Greg brings them back to the Custom Game Start
16:50 Greg gives Owen the opportunity to share any last things
17:00 Owen reasoning for custom gamestarts that are unmodified.

Yeah it could be that all custom gamestarts are unmodified, but at the moment it might also be possible that some custom game starts might be considered ***modified***

Second time round I think that's my summary of podcast #02.

The beta is going to test Veture and Custom Gamestart interaction.

Personally I'm going to find it easier doing a new unmodified existing gamestart if I involve myself with ventures.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 18:20

Otas Elite wrote:
Sun, 23. May 21, 23:46
Multiplayer does not develop itself. The developer time could just as well be invested to make the singleplayer better.
Exactly. There will always be complainers. The posters who are demanding multiplayer for a single player game will be back after less than a week of multiplayer complaining about something else. I'm sure of it. Egosoft need to stop trying to please everybody. That is impossible, especially the one's who contribute nothing but complaints.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 20:37

surferx wrote:
Sat, 5. Jun 21, 18:20
Otas Elite wrote:
Sun, 23. May 21, 23:46
Multiplayer does not develop itself. The developer time could just as well be invested to make the singleplayer better.
Exactly. There will always be complainers. The posters who are demanding multiplayer for a single player game will be back after less than a week of multiplayer complaining about something else. I'm sure of it. Egosoft need to stop trying to please everybody. That is impossible, especially the one's who contribute nothing but complaints.
What you say, it's so weird... we haven't had ventures in a long time, and all the complaints stopped.... no one has complained about anything for the last few months.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 21:12

It is double weird because his statement is ironically describing his very own post.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 21:45

I was wondering if we are able to costomize a character with this new feature?
Credence follow stars.

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 07:42

hi !
For me the X series, I played X3+Terran conflict and now X4, is not a multiplayer game, there is enough to do in game....
But improvements in station editors, be able to import a plan into another for example, info like station calculators in the editor
More diverse station interiors, borons !!!!!!, improvements on fleet orders etc, trade.
I saw what it was the multi in Elite and well no thanks!!!, absolutely not interested in the concept of coalitions especially with other players.
I'm sick of having to be connected to a server all the time to play something, with all the connection issues that can block a game...
Let the elite and star citizens and the like do what they do in multiplayer and keep the spirit of single player play.
If I build something in X4 (empire, war etc) I don't need anyone's help in my game ...
Export plans ok, modding super !!, play another person's save ok, watch videos or tutorials other people I like, import ship textures cool...
It will weigh down the game, and those who play solo will not get any benefit from it...
There is so much to do solo to improve the games, AI, graphics, more ships etc ...
:(
steph.
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

Harrison_rus
x4

Post by Harrison_rus » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 08:55

Well I finally whatch this first podcast (yes I read translated subtitles because my english very weak :roll: )

My first thought. At this moment I like multiverse team seasons. No I am not a fan of multiplayer games and I played in "seasons" only two times. First time was in other game where is "loot" was very interesting for me.

But I not sure about this points.

* One season is about 1 month. If every season will include one new ship I don't know how your team can made content for this seasons, considering how long delivers new patches.
* What with other people who dislike this online things or people who not found a time to play/complete season? For example I can abandon game for several monthes. And what do if I or people who not play in online missed "this very cool ship"? Can we play in previous seasons? If no - what we can get "old" loot?
One thing about I think - in-game store with this loot... But I dislike any in-game stores.
* If I understand right you can get unique ship after the season not depending which "level" you reach? (in other games the most "juices" things opens only at last level). If you must reach last "level" - how hard it will be? Personally I can't to play in game every day.
* I saw a moment where Bernd said that you can boast of your economy to other people (many factories, shipyard if you have it) in multiverse.. How other people can know about this? As understand - it still will ventures where all "player" ships will as NPC pilots, no actual multiplayer.
* I'm little not understand about only one multiverse on the account. So does this work as I think? With new venture system we can "play in online" only and only from one save slot? And if you can play from second slot you must end venture in the first, right?

At this momet seems at all my thought. Maybe I something missed. If I remember I'll add new info.

Thank you!

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 14:17

Wait, the online feature enabled save is iron-man?
What's with the skins - can I at least use those offline?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 14:54

Yes, you will be able to access paint mods stored in your online account in your offline games.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 15:38

So custom gamestart sounds like a great feature, it will help me a lot as I tend to restart often.
I do really hope that the mentioned achievement/milestone popups are optional however, one pet hate of mine is doing something interesting or grand in a game and having a silly sound and message popup totally breaking my concentration.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 17:12

Maybe a misunderstanding. The factors that affect gamestart budgets are not "achievements" in the Steam sense. There's no pop-up associated with, say, unlocking some additional relation budget for custom gamestarts.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 19:32

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 17:12
Maybe a misunderstanding. The factors that affect gamestart budgets are not "achievements" in the Steam sense. There's no pop-up associated with, say, unlocking some additional relation budget for custom gamestarts.
Ah great, yeh I must have misunderstood. Thanks.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 22:04

Any indication for 3rd part of the podcast? I was excited the first to times. Don't stop them :mrgreen:

Remind me the good old days of Eve Online 20 years ago somehow. The only missing was having a hard copy magazine too with everything going on :mrgreen:

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 14:07

The title of the thread needs to keep up to date, theres a 2nd out so it should reflect that.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 08:30

Skeeter wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 14:07
The title of the thread needs to keep up to date, theres a 2nd out so it should reflect that.
Thanks for pointing that out, I just updated it.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Inside Egosoft Podcast -- Episode #02 Custom Game Start -- now available

Post by Gregory » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 07:59

Inside Egosoft Podcast #03 – X3: Farnham's Legacy

In Episode #03 of the Inside Egosoft podcast, Greg talks to Ketraar, who was part of the X3: Farnham's Legacy project team. Greg also gives you a quick overview on our recently started 4.10 Beta for X4: Foundations.

▪️ Spotify
▪️ Pocket Casts
▪️ Google Podcasts
▪️ Apple Podcasts
▪️ Breaker
▪️ RadioPublic
▪️ Anchor

Enjoy this new episode, and don't forget to subscribe to Inside Egosoft in your favourite podcast app. If you don't want to use an audio app, you can of course listen to the podcast in your browser (e.g. via Anchor) or find it on our YouTube channel.

Thanks for tuning in!
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Return to “X4: Foundations”