Terraforming - I made it !

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Driltan
x4

Terraforming - I made it !

Post by Driltan » Mon, 17. May 21, 00:23

It was a long challenge !

Before : Image
After : Image

Thanks for the challenge @Egosoft ! Some of those 7 missions were really hard, especially the one in Frontier Edge (because of the atmospheric pressure :lol: )

Remember to save multiple times, in at least 2 save slots so if you fail hard you may lose 4 hours but you won't stay stuck doing nonsense.

grapedog
x4

Re: Terraforming - I made it !

Post by grapedog » Mon, 17. May 21, 01:58

Driltan wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 00:23

Thanks for the challenge @Egosoft ! Some of those 7 missions were really hard, especially the one in Frontier Edge (because of the atmospheric pressure :lol: )

Remember to save multiple times, in at least 2 save slots so if you fail hard you may lose 4 hours but you won't stay stuck doing nonsense.
Congrats!

Ive done Memory of Profit, now im working on the Atiyas Misfortune one. Do you feel Frontier is harder than Atiyas?

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 17. May 21, 02:21

Driltan wrote:

The fact that you could end up in a dead end not being able to complete the project in conjunction with the lack of explanations keeps me away from doing any terraforming. Would have expected them to already patch up this mess by now.

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Mon, 17. May 21, 03:20

grapedog wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 01:58
Congrats!

Ive done Memory of Profit, now im working on the Atiyas Misfortune one. Do you feel Frontier is harder than Atiyas?
Thanks, well yes I did start with Scale Plate Green for pirate purpose, it was a true pain because I wasn't prepared enough (build a lot and manual adjust what you really need, stop some production, get the maximum miners/traders x) ). Then I did go on this impossible Atiyas and it was not bad at first but then the earthquakes did make me lose plenty of time. I have no xenon alive anymore so it was not that hard, just get rid of the earthquakes and it's done. I did the others very hard until Frontier Edge when then I didn't expect to not be prepared for this xD You can litteraly fail the project and not being able to finish it, so I lost 5 hours on this one because I had to reload (and didn't save enough in between steps :p).
In comparison, Atiyas was easy, get rid of the earthquakes, stock, send, easy win. I did make 9 wharfs to build drones faster too.
Frontier Edge was my 5th and I wasn't prepared enough xD I did keep the 2 "hard" for the end to chill and I enjoyed.
Last edited by Driltan on Mon, 17. May 21, 03:42, edited 4 times in total.

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Mon, 17. May 21, 03:21

rene6740 wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 02:21
The fact that you could end up in a dead end not being able to complete the project in conjunction with the lack of explanations keeps me away from doing any terraforming. Would have expected them to already patch up this mess by now.
Yep, if you fail hard and pass the point of no return, reload x)

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Mon, 17. May 21, 03:24

👍👍👍

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Mon, 17. May 21, 04:10

Baddieus wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 03:24
👍👍👍

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 17. May 21, 06:38

rene6740 wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 02:21
Driltan wrote:

Well, it's already marked for the next patch. Who knows when that would be out though.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 18. May 21, 21:24

Wow none of this sounds fun at all.

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Tue, 25. May 21, 01:49

Midnitewolf wrote:
Tue, 18. May 21, 21:24
It is a nice challenge and you can earn billions (yes, billions) with a 10% RNG step ;)

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 25. May 21, 08:02

Driltan wrote:
Tue, 25. May 21, 01:49
Midnitewolf wrote:
It is a nice challenge and you can earn billions (yes, billions) with a 10% RNG step ;)
Tried to save scum that for nothing. Wonder if I should just amass enough and try it all in one go.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 29. May 21, 18:27

And the benefit is ?
:?

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 29. May 21, 19:53

Fun! Same as any other aspect of the game.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Sun, 30. May 21, 04:00

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 25. May 21, 08:02
Driltan wrote:
Midnitewolf wrote:
Tried to save scum that for nothing. Wonder if I should just amass enough and try it all in one go.
For planets with earthquakes ? I did launch in 1 go to counter attack the RNG loss.
If you meant the money, I tried to save & load and again and again...better lose and win a lot after xD
Zloth2 wrote:
Sat, 29. May 21, 19:53
Fun! Same as any other aspect of the game.
True !
Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Sat, 29. May 21, 18:27
And the benefit is ?
:?
Challenge and fun of course :D (and rage and frustration and...but then, when you beat it, it's rewarding...I guess :mrgreen: )

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 30. May 21, 11:29

Driltan wrote:
Sun, 30. May 21, 04:00
Raptor34 wrote:
Driltan wrote:

For planets with earthquakes ? I did launch in 1 go to counter attack the RNG loss.
If you meant the money, I tried to save & load and again and again...better lose and win a lot after xD
Meant the money one.
Afaict earthquake isn't RNG, but a guaranteed loss.

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Sun, 30. May 21, 12:01

Raptor34 wrote:
Sun, 30. May 21, 11:29
Driltan wrote:
Raptor34 wrote:

Meant the money one.
I think the reward is determined by the load of cash you have, the more I have, the more they want for an even bigger reward. I only won 2 times but it worthed it even if I lost a bunch.
The first one was a loss, even if I kept reloading to retry.
I tried and had some good "opportunities" like this but it failed :
https://i.imgur.com/Ph3qxSu.png

Then I lost about 3 billions to finally win :

Then lost some to win again :

The last one I tried was this :
https://i.imgur.com/lvvmG8W.png

It failed so I reloaded and I don't need all those billions so I stopped. In the long run it paid a lot. It's not that bad because we don't earn a lot anymore selling ships.
I don't know if the 10% of luck to win is determined when the step appears but knowing I never won when I reloaded to retry I guess it works like this, so, you lose to win after a few tries I guess.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 30. May 21, 13:19

Driltan wrote:
Sun, 30. May 21, 12:01
Raptor34 wrote:
Sun, 30. May 21, 11:29
Driltan wrote:

Meant the money one.
I think the reward is determined by the load of cash you have, the more I have, the more they want for an even bigger reward. I only won 2 times but it worthed it even if I lost a bunch.
The first one was a loss, even if I kept reloading to retry.
I tried and had some good "opportunities" like this but it failed :
https://i.imgur.com/Ph3qxSu.png

Then I lost about 3 billions to finally win :

Then lost some to win again :

The last one I tried was this :
https://i.imgur.com/lvvmG8W.png

It failed so I reloaded and I don't need all those billions so I stopped. In the long run it paid a lot. It's not that bad because we don't earn a lot anymore selling ships.
I don't know if the 10% of luck to win is determined when the step appears but knowing I never won when I reloaded to retry I guess it works like this, so, you lose to win after a few tries I guess.
Tricky. But I guess it makes more sense than just pure RNG.
Will try when I have the money for that. I need more for terraforming after all. I think I threw in around 10 bil into my PHQ so I can forget all about managing it.

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Mon, 31. May 21, 00:51

Raptor34 wrote:
Sun, 30. May 21, 13:19
Will try when I have the money for that. I need more for terraforming after all. I think I threw in around 10 bil into my PHQ so I can forget all about managing it.
Yep, good choice to make your PHQ a mega-ultra-giga farm, it's a lot easier than waiting your traders, even if you still need them because your HQ will be dried out even with big numbers :D
By chance I made my HQ a mega farm prior the 4.0 but it wasn't enough ahah.
Prevent some sales, adjust the wares quantity (the storage space it takes in the containers) and make the HQ buy full storage of the wares you will need. Oh and when you think you got enough containers, build more containers ! :mrgreen:
Good luck and don't forget to save on multiple slots before trying things to not be stuck terraforming some planets (atmospheric pressure :D) !

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 31. May 21, 06:41

Driltan wrote:
Mon, 31. May 21, 00:51
Raptor34 wrote:
Sun, 30. May 21, 13:19
Yep, good choice to make your PHQ a mega-ultra-giga farm, it's a lot easier than waiting your traders, even if you still need them because your HQ will be dried out even with big numbers :D
By chance I made my HQ a mega farm prior the 4.0 but it wasn't enough ahah.
Prevent some sales, adjust the wares quantity (the storage space it takes in the containers) and make the HQ buy full storage of the wares you will need. Oh and when you think you got enough containers, build more containers ! :mrgreen:
Good luck and don't forget to save on multiple slots before trying things to not be stuck terraforming some planets (atmospheric pressure :D) !
Nah. I meant I threw in cash into it, not invest in factories.
Then just let the free market do its job. I don't mind the time taken, compared to needing to actually plan out the build.
Which means I'm burning cash on it since I terraform nice worlds in general rather than min mission spec.
Though overall I'm still way in the green on cash. Because I'm letting free traders deal with it, and we all know how inefficient it can be, I'm not bleeding cash too badly.

Return to “X4: Foundations”