BUG-Station Traders & drone replacement

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Panos
x4

BUG-Station Traders & drone replacement

Post by Panos » Fri, 14. May 21, 16:36

I have found the following issue.
As TER-PIO by default all our station drones require Terran materials even when we built deep in FRF-TEL-PAR space.

If we lose drones, all traders for the station will stop operating getting stuck with the order they need to buy Carbide etc for the station to replace the drones.
Which ofc there isn't any Carbide etc in FRF-TEL-PAR space. So the station will be ground to a halt, either starved from resources or having all capacity filled up because the traders do not execute any transaction. :gruebel:

aquatica
x4

Re: BUG-Station Traders & drone replacement

Post by aquatica » Fri, 14. May 21, 16:39

Change from TERRAN build style to UNIVERSAL.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 14. May 21, 16:40

aquatica wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 16:39
Then my TER space station will get stuck wanting to buy Universal goods?

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Fri, 14. May 21, 17:36

Panos wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 16:40
aquatica wrote:
It's for drones. Terran productions still require terran ressources.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 14. May 21, 22:33

paraskous wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 17:36
Panos wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 16:40
aquatica wrote:
It's for drones. Terran productions still require terran ressources.
So I would need to transport parts to my stations in TER space. Either way.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 14. May 21, 22:44

You could just create a tiny CoH factory, like a 2/2/2, somewhetre on the far side of the map where you are. I did this for my shipyard, as i don't mske many CoH ships, but i like their engines and shields. A small factory like that should be more then good enough to restock drone parts, or allow you easy access to future building materials. It isn't built to make money, just to give you a small outpost that slowly generates some wares that you need from time to time. A couple miners, 1 trade ship, no workforce.... super easy small restock station.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Sat, 15. May 21, 20:19

It is not a bug, just poor design.

Honestly I hate the fact that the Terran's have a completely different economy. It just makes everything so disconnected and janky.

For example. I love the Terran station modules. They are just beautiful and one of the easiest station modules sets to build with and make truly stunning stations. Except if you try to use their station modules as any other faction but Terran or even try to use the modules outside of Terran Space. I mean even as a Terran, try to build a TER station in say Heretic's End or whatever. Yeah, forget about getting NPCs to supply any of the resources necessary to build the station because your not going to get a TER or PIO transport to come out 10+ jumps to provide it for you.

So unless you want to deal with a logistics nightmare, your limited to being TER or PIO and operating in or very near TER or PIO space if you want to use TER stations. Hate it. Wish someone would just make a mod that converted TER and PIO production to be the same as everyone else.

Edit: OH and unless the fixed it since I last used TER modules, good luck with drones using TER modules anyway. Only the docks actually add drones, none of the defense modules add any so unless you spam docks, you will end up with just a tiny amount of drones using TER Modules.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 15. May 21, 21:58

Midnitewolf wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 20:19

Honestly I hate the fact that the Terran's have a completely different economy. It just makes everything so disconnected and janky.
I don't agree with you often, but i strongly agree with this. 2 different economies really annoys the hell out of me. It is like making a choice of who i want to play with. 99% of the the time i play with the commonwealth... but terraforming pretty much forces players to use their ****** economy. Or liking their shields and engines, forces me to build a seperate economy in commonweapth space where i operate, which only I use because the TER/PIO will never naturally make it within 5 sectors of most of the SPL, PAR, or TEL sectors.

Id love a mod that just turned the TER/PIO into regular commonwealth goods users.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 15. May 21, 22:13

Midnitewolf wrote:
It is not a bug, just poor design...
It's an essential part of the lore - Terrans have always had a distinctly different economy. Would also have made absolutely no sense whatsoever for them to have adopted the same technology as the other factions during the time they were disconnected from them.

As for your 'logistical nightmare' all it took was a arranging a couple of shipments of Computronic Substrate & Silicon Carbide (doubt it took even 10 seconds to arrange the trades) with which to construct docks, storage & manufacturing facilities for those materials at my HQ. After that I was completely self-sufficient in Terran building materials. MUCH simpler & quicker than building production lines to make Hull Parts (etc).

Number of drones has never been an issue at any of my stations, they're all busy places which of necessity have multiple docks. None of them have a full complement of drones. Simply hasn't been necessary to max them out for drones. When they were smaller & had fewer docks it still wasn't an issue - they needed fewer cargo drones back then because they were working with fewer ships.

Has however been damn handy to be able to use the exact same resources for building Terran station modules, drones, turrets & shields. Even when I'm building stations for other factions I make them mostly out of Terran parts simply for sake of convenience. The only non-Terran things on those stations are the production modules, For example, Engine Parts factory I built for MIN: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c260o0n0rf8i2 ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Personally very fond of the Terran materials, they simplify a lot of things when building stations (& ships).

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sun, 16. May 21, 02:23

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 22:13
Midnitewolf wrote:
It is not a bug, just poor design...
It's an essential part of the lore - Terrans have always had a distinctly different economy. Would also have made absolutely no sense whatsoever for them to have adopted the same technology as the other factions during the time they were disconnected from them.

As for your 'logistical nightmare' all it took was a arranging a couple of shipments of Computronic Substrate & Silicon Carbide (doubt it took even 10 seconds to arrange the trades) with which to construct docks, storage & manufacturing facilities for those materials at my HQ. After that I was completely self-sufficient in Terran building materials. MUCH simpler & quicker than building production lines to make Hull Parts (etc).

Number of drones has never been an issue at any of my stations, they're all busy places which of necessity have multiple docks. None of them have a full complement of drones. Simply hasn't been necessary to max them out for drones. When they were smaller & had fewer docks it still wasn't an issue - they needed fewer cargo drones back then because they were working with fewer ships.

Has however been damn handy to be able to use the exact same resources for building Terran station modules, drones, turrets & shields. Even when I'm building stations for other factions I make them mostly out of Terran parts simply for sake of convenience. The only non-Terran things on those stations are the production modules, For example, Engine Parts factory I built for MIN: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c260o0n0rf8i2 ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Personally very fond of the Terran materials, they simplify a lot of things when building stations (& ships).
I do not complain about the Terran economy. Is absolutely great and can get a builder with the 10M (miners) and 30S ships (19 Frogs, 11 Kopis) and setup shop anywhere in the game. Just make a 1 Substrate, 1 Micro, 1 Carbide, 3 S storage (each), 10 TER Solar panels, TER 4M10S dock with the materials the 19 Frogs will carry (I have measured it, just 19 Frogs are enough). :mrgreen:

After that can start building everything without doing another trip back. I love that simplicity. :mrgreen:

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sun, 16. May 21, 02:26

Midnitewolf wrote:
The station traders shouldn't get stuck trying to buy Carbide if not in range. Should ignore it and trade for the station.

Is down to the Manager setting priority to get the drones instead of trading. Maybe a message "Cannot obtain X materials" could be added like when you get a message when satellites run out or a ship was destroyed but another ship had order to dock on it.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sun, 16. May 21, 11:39

Midnitewolf wrote:

For example. I love the Terran station modules. They are just beautiful and one of the easiest station modules sets to build with and make truly stunning stations. Except if you try to use their station modules as any other faction but Terran or even try to use the modules outside of Terran Space. I mean even as a Terran, try to build a TER station in say Heretic's End or whatever. Yeah, forget about getting NPCs to supply any of the resources necessary to build the station because your not going to get a TER or PIO transport to come out 10+ jumps to provide it for you.

So unless you want to deal with a logistics nightmare, your limited to being TER or PIO and operating in or very near TER or PIO space if you want to use TER stations. Hate it. Wish someone would just make a mod that converted TER and PIO production to be the same as everyone else.

Edit: OH and unless the fixed it since I last used TER modules, good luck with drones using TER modules anyway. Only the docks actually add drones, none of the defense modules add any so unless you spam docks, you will end up with just a tiny amount of drones using TER Modules.
I've been using a mod to make Terran/Pioneers a little easier to deal with in my games.

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/697

I understand certain things from a lore standpoint however it doesn't translate well into gameplay. If you look at meds/food ES/Telladium went so far as to make some unique to the different factions but those are minor. They should've changed all factions to each have a unique method of various parts or materials but again gameplay. Pretty sure the better way would've been to alter names or even have different materials but add those resources to all the blueprints so everything could be built regardless. Trade is sort of the keystone between factions in reality or in the game itself. Terrans aren't going to be chummy with anyone if they never interact or trade.

Return to “X4: Foundations”