Suggestion: Barracks and Naval Academy modules

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jmrc
x4

Suggestion: Barracks and Naval Academy modules

Post by jmrc » Fri, 14. May 21, 10:11

I suppose this idea is not new: how about having modules of the Habitation type (but the blueprints were acquired only through buying) for recruiting and developing Marines and for Service Crew? As habitats, they would require food and medicines according to the race, to increase population, and each race would have specific products to increase training speed. Also the chances for certain stats could be in play: Split get higher chance for better marines but produce less quantities, Teladi get higher Management stars, Paranid higher engineer stars Humans produce many people but with low quality overall... something like that.

Raptor34
x4

Re: Suggestion: Barracks and Naval Academy modules

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 14. May 21, 12:37

I would actually like a full on Naval Academy.
Not just giving them food or what. But you can assign pilots and ships to them and they'll do actual flight training.
Even better if you can assign high level pilots to act as trainers.

jmrc
x4

Post by jmrc » Fri, 14. May 21, 20:09

Raptor34 wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 12:37
Not just giving them food or what. But you can assign pilots and ships to them and they'll do actual flight training.
That's a great idea!
Still, I would like to have the ability to recruit and train all kinds of skills without requiring a training ship, even if the evolution wasn't so fast.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Fri, 14. May 21, 20:16

jmrc wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 10:11
I suppose this idea is not new: how about having modules of the Habitation type (but the blueprints were acquired only through buying) for recruiting and developing Marines and for Service Crew? As habitats, they would require food and medicines according to the race, to increase population, and each race would have specific products to increase training speed. Also the chances for certain stats could be in play: Split get higher chance for better marines but produce less quantities, Teladi get higher Management stars, Paranid higher engineer stars Humans produce many people but with low quality overall... something like that.
I wonder what game have you played so far? :lol: :lol: :lol:

X4 already has all of this and you can get it via Terraforming ....

In addition to Marines you can also have 5-star pilots ...
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 14. May 21, 22:33

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 20:16
jmrc wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 10:11
I wonder what game have you played so far? :lol: :lol: :lol:

X4 already has all of this and you can get it via Terraforming ....

In addition to Marines you can also have 5-star pilots ...
While not wrong, terraforming is an extreme end game thing usually. Even something like terraforming memory of profit still requires the PHQ with wharfs to build drones.

A reliable way to find/develop skilled crew in the early game would be better.

I don't know if I would use this idea too much, as marines can be recruited from defense stations,and how many marines do you really need at a high level. A single cobra full of 2+ star def station recruited marines will cap 70% of the L and XL ships in the game. Spend 30 minutes and get 2 cobras full and that will cap like 90 or 95% of all L and XL ships.

Pilots early game i don't need stars beyond 2 really, and i can use seminars for that. Pilots train up pretty quick on gate defense duties as well.

Simply, they need to populate stations better. I should be able to find a bar on any station and recruit pilots of 2 stars. I should be able to go to engineering and find engineers. Security should have a few marines.

These things above are already in game, just not used. Instead of creating new assets, just expand on what we have. Need 10 decent pilots, you might have to visit 3 or 4 different bars. Need 25 marines, might have to check out a few stations security areas.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Fri, 14. May 21, 23:01

A fairly late game (not at endgame) you will find all these figures in your stations.
I often find marines and pilots with 2-3 stars and in the case of pilots they can easily be brought to 3-4 stars with a few simple guild missions.
Also just yesterday I found a lonely Asgard on the opposite side of terran space. It had 3500 of boarding power.
So I bought 10 cobras filling them with very scarce Marines (between 0 and 1 star) and I managed to get 4000 boarding power in a few minutes.
That Asgard is now part of my fleet and you can do this at any time, obviously having the necessary funds ;)
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 15. May 21, 19:46

For a new station module, I would like a privet medical facility.
This is where I could send my employees, to get plastic surgery,
turning them into the race look I want to see. ( or gender )

Then there could be a fashion shop, to change the way each employee is dressed !

Move away from the armaments business, and get into normal life stuff.
Fleets of space Debis cleaning ships like Rubbish trucks.
Highway maintenance crews, and their Orange cones.
Church’s providing free food for the mutealated war veterans all of you must have.
And then there could be Hospitals for the cross race Baby boom, that must be rife by now !
Where are all the children?
Schools.
We all know after a war, there is a surge in Babies being produced, where are they ?
:)

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sat, 15. May 21, 23:51

Raptor34 wrote:
1000x this, the sheer immersion factor watching your new recruits undergo flight training for real would be amazing, even if they just fly around in formation with some radio chatter.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 16. May 21, 06:36

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 23:51
Raptor34 wrote:
1000x this, the sheer immersion factor watching your new recruits undergo flight training for real would be amazing, even if they just fly around in formation with some radio chatter.
I imagine they could also do things like patrol and policing too.
And even responding to attacks.
Of course the higher the risk, the faster they learn.

Return to “X4: Foundations”