Conquer grand exchange III? Nope.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pitagora
x4

Conquer grand exchange III? Nope.

Post by Pitagora » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:29

Am I missing something in grand exchange III? Used the same method to conquer it like the previous 10 sectors my company owns:

1) build admin module station
2) destroy current owner admin module

But for GE III: "sorry, no bonus!".

No other admin modules in any station. Is the trade station there who is responsible for sector ownership? I'm clueless at this point..
Ricarica et impera!

al_dude
x4

Re: Conquer grand exchange III? Nope.

Post by al_dude » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:42

I've gottan all three sub sectors of Grand exchange before.

So, you are missing a defense station that's built off-grid.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:43

Release the scouts!
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:44

Note that warfs, shipyards can have admin modules too. Not sure about trading stations.
You can also go into the buy plot mode to see if you can find any plots where you didnt find a station yet.

al_dude
x4

Post by al_dude » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:47

The trading station has an admin module built in, so it needs to go.

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Mon, 10. May 21, 22:12

al_dude wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 21:47
The trading station has an admin module built in, so it needs to go.
Do you know the name of such module? I didn't find any suitable name amongst the defensive modules.
Ricarica et impera!

al_dude
x4

Post by al_dude » Mon, 10. May 21, 22:19

Pitagora wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 22:12
Do you know the name of such module? I didn't find any suitable name amongst the defensive modules.
Not sure. It is literally built in. Removing the entire station was the only way. Only when the station icon went gray, the sector changed its owner.

Took me hours to destroy it. It's got HUGE hp. Sometimes, the station cheats like Xenon wharf and shipyard as well, healing its HP magically. I am inclined to believe that those Teladi trading stations are not meant to be messed with.

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Mon, 10. May 21, 22:28

Thanks for the infos... and... OUCH! :(
Ricarica et impera!

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 11. May 21, 00:05

al_dude wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 22:19
Pitagora wrote:
Not sure. It is literally built in. Removing the entire station was the only way. Only when the station icon went gray, the sector changed its owner.

Took me hours to destroy it. It's got HUGE hp. Sometimes, the station cheats like Xenon wharf and shipyard as well, healing its HP magically. I am inclined to believe that those Teladi trading stations are not meant to be messed with.
Ive seen at least two down to very very low HP before i was able to turn away the xenon swarms. So they are killable.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 11. May 21, 00:55

Pitagora wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 21:29
Am I missing something in grand exchange III? Used the same method to conquer it like the previous 10 sectors my company owns:

1) build admin module station
2) destroy current owner admin module

But for GE III: "sorry, no bonus!".

No other admin modules in any station. Is the trade station there who is responsible for sector ownership? I'm clueless at this point..
Need to clear all GE sectors including several stations that are far off the main grid.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 11. May 21, 02:26

al_dude wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 22:19
Pitagora wrote:

Yep. With Teladi, the entire trade station is the admin module and it is an amazingly hard nut to crack. I sometimes thing the Teladi were the first race added since they are the most unique. It is like everyone else got shortcutted in the development process.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 11. May 21, 03:17

The TER/PIO as well have a bunch of unique blueprints for their trade stations that cannot be obtained by the player.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 12. May 21, 23:38

Midnitewolf wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 02:26
Yep. With Teladi, the entire trade station is the admin module and it is an amazingly hard nut to crack. I sometimes thing the Teladi were the first race added since they are the most unique. It is like everyone else got shortcutted in the development process.
There *is* one module of the trade station listed in my encyclopedia https://i.postimg.cc/3J8TddXC/teladi-admin2.png which is also the only trade station module I found listed under the defense modules category. So just killing that bit might be a shortcut.
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 13. May 21, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

al_dude
x4

Post by al_dude » Wed, 12. May 21, 23:39

Well, I've seen that module completely battered and the sector was still held by Teladi. So, nope.

Return to “X4: Foundations”