Resource Probes in Trinity Sanctum VII

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

Resource Probes in Trinity Sanctum VII

Post by Baddieus » Mon, 10. May 21, 02:18

It would seem that I may have found a bug, so wanted to post that maybe others can test.

If I personally fly to Trinity Sanctum VII and drop a resource probe, there is no reading which shows the yields on the map.
So I personally collected the probe from TS-VII and took it to another sector where it shows a normal reading like any other.
From out of sector, if I send a miner into TS-VII and order it to drop a resource probe, then I get a normal reading like any other.

Anyone else noticed the same, or maybe willing to test & confirm?

Thanks,

=Baddieus=

aquatica
x4

Re: Resource Probes in Trinity Sanctum VII

Post by aquatica » Mon, 10. May 21, 06:23

Did you use same location as your miner? Also considered the up/down plane?

If it was the same spot but shows no yields, then I would assume a bug. However, if you forgot the up/down line then it's just location ;) Funnily enough some times IS when you find asteroids or gases and drop a resource probe, there's nothing. Go up/down to an area without gas or asteroids and voila, yields.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Mon, 10. May 21, 19:25

"ome times IS when you find asteroids or gases and drop a resource probe, there's nothing"

If you have F2 pressed & can see the Orange & blue with your own eyes, then usually the resource probe finds something

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. May 21, 19:34

Many people have reported and confirmed no real connection between anything that the player can see or scan and the results of resource probes. There are unseen resource density cubes with invisible boundaries where probing just one metre on different sides of a cube boundary can give totally different resource readings (or no reading which means negligible resources).

Also note that the probe volumes are 3D cubes with an algorithm pre-calculated resource value that applies throughout the cube (and is dynamic where diminished by mining and then slowly increased again by regeneration), while the map resource colour indicators are constant and fixed position 2D hexes.

I do know that the devs are aware of this type of issue and are trying to improve the relationship of observed (asteroid fields, clouds, debris, dust, map colours) and probed resource values, and also that they wish to improve the tools for finding decent resources by perhaps using such as LR scan indications.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”