Suggestion - 30-Rank = Skin Availability

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

Suggestion - 30-Rank = Skin Availability

Post by Baddieus » Sun, 9. May 21, 03:47

So I'm playing a pro-Teladi game this round and got a couple of copies of the Company Skin from missions, then thought ... Now that I'm 30-rank with the Teladi Company, should I not get that skin permanently unlocked for use? Also, I'm using the Scream Skin for some of my personal craft, however once I achieve to 30-rank with the SCA, could I not have that for use everywhere? Kinda like a bonus for getting that high of rank with the different races ...

Just a thought ...

Thanks,

=Baddieus=

Alm888
x4

Re: Suggestion - 30-Rank = Skin Availability

Post by Alm888 » Sun, 9. May 21, 07:53

Yeah, that would be nice.

Grinding for "Utopia" is a chore, and then, we don't have access to "Cerulian(sic!) Utopia" or "Azureous Utopia" ever. This also does for "Ianamus Ztealth" and other rare SCA skins. Maybe because said skins were not optimized for L and XL ships (but then again, the racing quest-related Teladi Phoenix has no problems sporting rare skins).

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 9. May 21, 08:39

That would be nice.
Though they should only remain unlocked as long as you maintain 30 rank.

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Sun, 9. May 21, 13:03

I'll never understand the need to unlock the ability to paint my ships. I just wish we could customize the paint on our ships rather than choose from a set. I really like the colors in some, but not the layout on the ships.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sun, 9. May 21, 15:22

I agree, that would be nice! I think paint jobs are under-utilised in the game as a way to symbolise your relationship to a faction.

I'd also like to see certain game starts come with a lore-appropriate paint job as a default skin. For example, Terran Cadet - the setting is that you're a citizen of the Protectorate (at least at first), but you can't style your ship like the Protectorate NPC ships do.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 9. May 21, 15:30

MegaJohnny wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 15:22
I agree, that would be nice! I think paint jobs are under-utilised in the game as a way to symbolise your relationship to a faction.

I'd also like to see certain game starts come with a lore-appropriate paint job as a default skin. For example, Terran Cadet - the setting is that you're a citizen of the Protectorate (at least at first), but you can't style your ship like the Protectorate NPC ships do.
That's a good idea.
Makes it harder to decide whether you just want to sell your ship for some early game capital, or keep it for its unique paint job.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Mon, 10. May 21, 16:20

Alm888 wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 07:53
Yeah, that would be nice.

Grinding for "Utopia" is a chore, and then, we don't have access to "Cerulian(sic!) Utopia" or "Azureous Utopia" ever. This also does for "Ianamus Ztealth" and other rare SCA skins. Maybe because said skins were not optimized for L and XL ships (but then again, the racing quest-related Teladi Phoenix has no problems sporting rare skins).
Indeed the grind for Utopia is not justified. At least they could give 5 skins not 1 :(
Concider wanting to have to put it on all your fighters at least. And without ventures we cannot get other skins too.
On one campaign had hundrends of some really cool ones from ventures.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Mon, 10. May 21, 16:29

+1

Unlocking faction specific skins to +30 standing is a great idea!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 10. May 21, 20:56

Id change it to +30 rep unlocks the option to buy the license for it. Or +29 rep, and it is an option during the building of the ship that you can paint it for a price.

For those who dabble in the drug trade, they can spend a decent amount of time whaffling between 29 and 30 rep... it would be annoying to have to wait for a rep tick to get a paint job. But buying a license for it solves that, or making a pay for each time you build a ship, to sink some credits late game.

Id pay prettt large chunks of cash late game to retrofit say, all my M mining ships, to have the same skin.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:15

grapedog wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 20:56
Id change it to +30 rep unlocks the option to buy the license for it. Or +29 rep, and it is an option during the building of the ship that you can paint it for a price.

For those who dabble in the drug trade, they can spend a decent amount of time whaffling between 29 and 30 rep... it would be annoying to have to wait for a rep tick to get a paint job. But buying a license for it solves that, or making a pay for each time you build a ship, to sink some credits late game.

Id pay prettt large chunks of cash late game to retrofit say, all my M mining ships, to have the same skin.
Nah, I'll keep it at +30. But buying a license too sounds like a good idea. Make it costly, you're in some ways acting as a rep of the faction.
Its a reward for being a good boy.
Agreed on allowing you to select skins at shipyards.
For that matter, we should currently at least be able to manually select all the default skins too.

Return to “X4: Foundations”