Let me save you the wasted time on Miners

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

aquatica
x4

Re: Let me save you the wasted time on Miners

Post by aquatica » Wed, 12. May 21, 17:14

Splendar wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 00:12

Here are two problems about mining behaviour in my small player group:
1.If a station needs more than one kind of resource(ore and silicon for example),it's assigned miners would continuously collect one kind of resourece and ignore the other (or just few ships collecting the other resource).
2.Assigned miners have a tendency to mine resources in sectors far away from their homestation(even more serious when the station has a 5-star manager).

To solve the problems, our solution is:
1.Build a local miner fleet to collect a single kind of resource. It's easy to set trading rules and blacklists because fleet mumbers will automaticly sync the settings with commander.The "sector auto mine(it's the 0-star one, i'm also not using english version)" task is recommended to restrict your fleet in rich local sector.
2.Build a station with plenty of docks and lots of cargos to receive and restock resources. Then attach a huge amount of miners to the station with "trade for commander" task.
3.If you don't like miner fleets, you can build several stations with single resource demand and attach miners to them with "mine for commander" task. And still,you need to attach a huge amount of miners to the station with "trade for commander" task.

By doing like this you can avoid the 2 problems above and you can extremely extend your trading and manufacturing range. Look at the plan below:
Mining stations: Asteroid Belt, Pious Mist XI & IV, Grand Exchange (Oort Cloud is also a good place if you like). All trading miners attached to them.
Trading stations: Grand Exchange, Profit Center Alpha, Second Contact II, Jupiter, Pious Mist II(the sector which has space highway). All trading cargo ships attached to them.
Factories:Anywhere you want, I prefer Grand Exchange.
With facilities above you can easily extend your influence to the whole galaxy(except Emperor's Pricle, Litany of Fury, Tharka's Ravine IV, and The Boneyard).And if you want to expand your bussiness, simply build a new factory using blueprints and add more miners/tarders/cargos to your fleet or stations, no more settings anymore.
Also the disadvantage is obvious: you need miners and traders one time more than before.But I think that's acceptable compared to the benefits.
And this is exactly the issue I did have. Until...

1) Added enough money for the station to have at least near to recommended budged (Forum moderator suggested on one of the threads iirc)
2) Added resource probes for every location my miners actually went to mine to (some in the middle of no-resource zone according to the map)

X_30002000
x4

Post by X_30002000 » Wed, 12. May 21, 19:32

This highlights the problem with absence of information about how miners work. How am I suppose to decide if I need extra miner or just fill miner with engineers of 5 stars if I have no clue how extra engineer affect efficiency, how extra * on engineer affect efficiency, how probes affect efficiency, how pilot * affect efficiency, how manager * affect efficiency, how available funds affect efficiancy? What I suppose to invest credits in (ships, engineers, pilots, *)? If it is the same for L/M/S ships or different, if it is same for all resources or some affected more then others?
No wonder some complains about it broken and some says all is fine, depends if by an accident you did thing right or not.

abisha1980
x4

Post by abisha1980 » Wed, 12. May 21, 21:07

Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 03:07
No longer have any miners, abandoned any hope they will do as requested.
So until the game gets a big boot up the the mine shaft.
I shall not use them.
ah yea i stop playing CoH after 3 day's to many problems around miners and resources
i don't think i will play a other DLC consider i need to buy the next one and i not gonna pay for a shit product
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

aquatica
x4

Post by aquatica » Thu, 13. May 21, 07:28

X_30002000 wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 19:32
This highlights the problem with absence of information about how miners work. How am I suppose to decide if I need extra miner or just fill miner with engineers of 5 stars if I have no clue how extra engineer affect efficiency, how extra * on engineer affect efficiency, how probes affect efficiency, how pilot * affect efficiency, how manager * affect efficiency, how available funds affect efficiancy? What I suppose to invest credits in (ships, engineers, pilots, *)? If it is the same for L/M/S ships or different, if it is same for all resources or some affected more then others?
No wonder some complains about it broken and some says all is fine, depends if by an accident you did thing right or not.
I completely and totally agree.

If the probe's description said something like "boosts yields in range up to 40%" or something, it would be very clear.
Also mentioning how much boost fully crewed L miner with good captain & al have a difference in yield, people would understand the difference of poorly crewed low-skilled vs. fully crewed high-skilled. Can't remember if it was only the captain's skill that affected its speed on mining, but still. Some vague description of "affects how well the ship operates" in some text piece somewhere isn't giving much information.
Proper window to show "min mining at yield x; current skill/crew yield; max yield with bonuses" explained would give so much more information and help understand the whole process.

Also that available money is a weird one: If I have a factory that is completely self-sufficient, why the hell do I need to have budged for it? With low money, miners went for cheap minerals or gases. With a lot of money, they did go for Silicon (much more expensive than Ore for example). This is, I believe, due to the system having only one way to "trade" and handle those "trades" - same issue with repeat orders. You need to have the cash available on the station to use it, even though no money changes place.

With proper descriptions much of these complaints about broken system would not be.

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Sun, 16. May 21, 14:24

For anyone interested, I've installed THIS mod and everything works flawlessly now.

I've just had to wait for about an hour of game time for the new behaviours to kick in and fix the mess I was into with vanilla miners management.
Ricarica et impera!

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 16. May 21, 15:15

Pitagora wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 14:24
For anyone interested, I've installed THIS mod and everything works flawlessly now.

I've just had to wait for about an hour of game time for the new behaviours to kick in and fix the mess I was into with vanilla miners management.
"10) Throws overboard stuck wares at the start of the mining phase;"

This, in my eyes, might be the one of the biggest, easiest things, that would solve many issues.

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Mon, 17. May 21, 08:31

grapedog wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 15:15
"10) Throws overboard stuck wares at the start of the mining phase;"

This, in my eyes, might be the one of the biggest, easiest things, that would solve many issues.
Yup, I think so, and the other important point is to force the miners to stay as close as possible to the station.
Ricarica et impera!

Return to “X4: Foundations”