Sector Taxes and Piracy

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alexthespaniard

Sector Taxes and Piracy

Post by alexthespaniard » Fri, 7. May 21, 12:26

I would like to propose to be able to tax a sector on transactions. With the option to comply with the law or not.
What benefits would this action have?

-The roleplay of the pirate and the policeman. Once you choose to violate the law, the police should be able to catch you or not. For this I propose to differentiate more the radar range according to the ship giving new meaning and roleplay to pirates within the game. It also adds a new and exciting way to earn money in the early game and also as we will explain later in the late game.

-In the late game we have a new way to earn money and a more important reason for owning a sector. That adds geostrategic importance and add a really fun factor to supply and demand. Our influence on the prices of the sector. These tax policies will make our sectors more attractive or less against other factions.

-Depending on the historical personality of the other factions, they would have a more aggressive or less tax-friendly attitude. Reaffirming the character and personality of these factions (ex: Teladi = low taxes).

Thank you all I hope to give good ideas and be constructive. I wait for your comments and opinions
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 7. May 21, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title capitalisation adjusted.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Sector Taxes and Piracy

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 7. May 21, 13:29

alexthespaniard wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 12:26
... adds a new and exciting way to earn money in the early game ...
In other words we would get two options:
  • Earn as we do now, but get every cop on our tail. Very pink
  • Pay taxes and earn less
I can get the first already by shooting bystanders randomly, and the second option is less tempting.

The late game ... you would build one admin module, blow up other admin modules, and then demand ransom like any hostile takeover CEO does. Or is that "protection money"? :o
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 7. May 21, 17:15

alexthespaniard wrote:
I would like to propose to be able to tax a sector on transactions. With the option to comply with the law or not.

-The roleplay of the pirate and the policeman. Once you choose to violate the law, the police should be able to catch you or not. For this I propose to differentiate more the radar range according to the ship giving new meaning and roleplay to pirates within the game. It also adds a new and exciting way to earn money in the early game and also as we will explain later in the late game.

-In the late game we have a new way to earn money and a more important reason for owning a sector. That adds geostrategic importance and add a really fun factor to supply and demand. Our influence on the prices of the sector. These tax policies will make our sectors more attractive or less against other factions.

-Depending on the historical personality of the other factions, they would have a more aggressive or less tax-friendly attitude. Reaffirming the character and personality of these factions (ex: Teladi = low taxes).

Thank you all I hope to give good ideas and be constructive. I wait for your comments and opinions
No thanks. Stop over complicating the game. Already got screwed with the mining changes at 4.0.

al_dude
x4

Post by al_dude » Fri, 7. May 21, 18:38

No, thanks.

All I want from sector ownership is that factions pay for the plot price. If they don't pay, it goes red.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 7. May 21, 22:58

al_dude wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 18:38
No, thanks.

All I want from sector ownership is that factions pay for the plot price. If they don't pay, it goes red.
I second that, but only if you lose no rep for enforcing the law. NPCs break the law, you get to shoot them without penalty.

Then you can really add policing force, and also enforce NPCs from different factions at war with each others to stop firing on each other in your sectors. I'd like to see that too.

But no need for taxes. They're already plaguing real life enough as it is. :lol:
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

dyingcrow
x4

Post by dyingcrow » Fri, 7. May 21, 23:09

Factions already pay taxes when building in a player owned sector, we just have to go and collect. They leave the tax money in their build storages.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Sat, 8. May 21, 21:58

Panos wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 17:15
alexthespaniard wrote:

No thanks. Stop over complicating the game. Already got screwed with the mining changes at 4.0.
The game could do with a bit of complicating. Sector control as it is right now is the most dull and boring thing I have ever experienced. There literally is no reason to control your own sector since all you get is a pretty green border around it. Kind of lame in a game of this size and scope especially with all its other empire building-like mechanics.

Personally the game is in dire need of some sort of meaningful sector control, some sort of war and peace diplomacy and some sort of way to limit the player from becoming all powerful due to the lack of money sinks and ability to build literally 100s of capital ships without limit.

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Sun, 9. May 21, 02:33

Midnitewolf wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 21:58
Panos wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 17:15
alexthespaniard wrote:

The game could do with a bit of complicating. Sector control as it is right now is the most dull and boring thing I have ever experienced. There literally is no reason to control your own sector since all you get is a pretty green border around it. Kind of lame in a game of this size and scope especially with all its other empire building-like mechanics.

Personally the game is in dire need of some sort of meaningful sector control, some sort of war and peace diplomacy and some sort of way to limit the player from becoming all powerful due to the lack of money sinks and ability to build literally 100s of capital ships without limit.
Yep, I agree. Incentivise sector owning. Awesome!!

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 9. May 21, 02:54

alexthespaniard wrote:

Interesting.. Maybe instead, be like GTA5. The Player has an 'Infamy Bar' tied to you and each Established Faction (Maybe even some Pirates?)?
The more Crimes you commit in a short space of time? The higher your Infamy Bar rises.
Once it reaches a certain height, that Faction starts sending Bounty Hunters after you, they'll chase you across the Universe depending on how high your bounty is?

You basically have to 'lay low' in order to reduce your 'infamy bar', it can be separate from the Faction Relations, though you will still lose Rep for attacking a Station and the lower your rep is with a Faction? The slower your Infamy Bar drops for that Faction. You become a Menace? They hunt you down and kill you.
Maybe even have more powerful ships in greater numbers if your infamy is so high that they regard you as highly dangerous.

Maybe there could be a way to reduce your Infamy Bar by paying off your Bounty to that Faction? But you have to rebuild your Reputation with them first, then visit the Faction Representative and ask them to pay off the Fine.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 9. May 21, 12:51

spankahontis wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 02:54
They hunt you down and kill you.
Maybe even have more powerful ships in greater numbers if your infamy is so high that they regard you as highly dangerous.
That would be wonderful -- plenty of ships for us to kill or steal.

Alas, AI does not send such fleets even against their "war" enemies. Why hunt one pirate when HOP ar at the Gates?
More importantly, the economy has to build the hunter fleets.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 9. May 21, 21:08

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 12:51
spankahontis wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 02:54
They hunt you down and kill you.
That would be wonderful -- plenty of ships for us to kill or steal.

Alas, AI does not send such fleets even against their "war" enemies. Why hunt one pirate when HOP ar at the Gates?
More importantly, the economy has to build the hunter fleets.
It would be cool wouldn't it if you gave the Faction such a bloody nose that they want you to go away and they send Mercenaries to hunt you down.

Or MAYBE!!! There is a Mercenary Guild Faction or Bounty Hunter Faction that buys it's own ships from other Factions in order to find criminals so it doesn't bother the major factions and their wars?
Bounty Hunters will cross borders free of other Factions Jurisdiction.

Or better still, they have Bounties that you can pick up if you want to have a Mandelorian type playthrough?
Better rep with them. Better paid, harder missions in the guild missions section.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Return to “X4: Foundations”