Ship Interior Interaction

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alexthespaniard

Ship Interior Interaction

Post by alexthespaniard » Fri, 7. May 21, 11:15

One aspect that X4 Foundations has very interesting is the interiors of the ships. I think Egosoft has done a spectacular job. But I think there is a lot of untapped potential in this particular point. Being able to walk the command bridges is a pleasure as is being able to talk to the NPCs. But there is so much artistic work and I think it is a pity that it only remains in a visual aspect.

1- There are some control panels that are simply decoration except for the controls of the ship. Why not propose to be able to see aspects of the ship in these same with a cool interface? shields, weapons, turrets, engines...

2-I think the game has to gain immersion inside the ships. Especially if we want to act as commanders from a bridge. Why not propose to have a moral point. A morale point that we can spend with one of these NPCs located in the control panels of the ship that we are talking with them. Usable once every 5 min? This morale point for example could add +10% to Shield recovery, Weapon cooldown, speed, turret reloading ...

I consider that they should not be very complicated mechanics since there are many types of players. But adding simple mechanics like these gives a huge immersion and adds importance to the great work done on these interiors. Without affecting the gameplay drastically.

Always from a constructive intention. Do you think it is a good idea? What proposal do you have?
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 7. May 21, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title capitalisation adjusted.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Ship Interior Interaction

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 7. May 21, 11:50

I understand the gameplay outcome you are trying to achieve and there may be some ways of doing something like that which the devs could consider. :)

I don't think spending crew morale points to make ship components work better is a logical idea though. That is what in-game ship mods are for. Consider this scenario: - My engineer feels good today so let's use that to make the shields work better, but even if they do then the engineer will feel a bit worse afterwards. :? (I might have misunderstood your intended mechanism for doing this though.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

alexthespaniard

Post by alexthespaniard » Fri, 7. May 21, 11:57

The intention is to give a bit roleplay to the commander gameplay.

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Fri, 7. May 21, 13:24

Too much space legs already. No more please.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Fri, 7. May 21, 13:58

All I really want is to be able to sit on chairs and benches.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 7. May 21, 14:32

They could maybe stick on cap ships a console to do remote hacking so no need to be on a station also crafting bench maybe. Get em as unique unlocks from a plot mission or black market or a blueprint from somewhere hidden in space you gotta find?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Botschafter Von Den Glück
x4

Post by Botschafter Von Den Glück » Fri, 7. May 21, 14:55

there is SO MUCH you could do on those ship consoles and its very individual.
(every screen in the game basicly crys for interaction certainly as you are the player).
this scenario waits to be hacked as much as half life counterstrike.
If the developers would just introduce the BLUEPRINT to be logically be able to insert whatever the given pilot wants, there could be a huge investement by players to create the content that would explode upon opening certain gates herefore.

1. a developer team can develope themselves for 1000 years into this feature, and they didnt even kill a mosquito in the players needs for this.
b) same is for planet-features.
2. community is crying for this for many years and certainly in X4 its crying for this feature for basicly everything like an Operation system itself.
community is the called layer for producing the content for this really.

3. I thing developers can GENERALLY go over to give just the structures (the base game + engine, outer restrictions, but like open source/licensed by each yearly update for players to create their own XYZ, without loosing the previous content; unlike mods where everytime you need to
when adapt to new version is annoying;
in year 2000 lego mindstorm came up, I thought, all developers would go with this direction,
but this way, they did miss alot of potencial in the market. they will get overwhelmed with this need.
Botschafter von den Glücksplaneten: Zu 100% Doktor. Die vertrauen mir!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 7. May 21, 16:07

I'd like to sit in the non-captain crew chairs to do two things:

1) Control turrets
2) Control defense drones

Drumma

Post by Drumma » Tue, 11. May 21, 21:07

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 16:07
I'd like to sit in the non-captain crew chairs to do two things:

1) Control turrets
2) Control defense drones
+1
I asked about this a few months ago. I want to be able to sit at a co-pilot station and have a read only display to monitor ship status. I'd also like a co-pilot seat on the Nemesis. If its a big ship with standing stations, to be able to get the same info. The features suggested above look good to.

Return to “X4: Foundations”