Station miners don't balance resources

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Midnitewolf

Re: Station miners don't balance resources

Post by Midnitewolf » Sat, 8. May 21, 21:10

Here is a question. Is your station anywhere near a system with an abundance of silicon? I ask because the only time I have ever had an issue with just assigning a few miners into the station and letting them look after themselves is when the resources I needed were quite a distance away.

I think what the problem might be is that everything ware transfer related be it mining or just taking goods from point A to point B, is tied into the trading system. That being the case, the AI tends looks at what it profitable, not necessarily what is needed. if ore is available in abundance very near you but silicon is only available 4-5 jumps away, the AI is likely going to calculate that ore is the more profitable substance to mine. At least that is what seems to be the case because I really don't have the issues your describing and the only time I seem to recall anything remotely like what is being reported, was very early on in my first playthrough when I didn't even think about resource availability when building.

Return to “X4: Foundations”