Repeat Orders?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

waynetarlton
x4

Repeat Orders?

Post by waynetarlton » Thu, 6. May 21, 01:16

Can't seem to get this "Repeat Orders" working.
Over time I've built a massive warehouse with millions and millions of tons of stuff, and finally it's actually become useful with the terraforming projects. I'm guessing/hoping the order means something like, e.g. putting in a transfer between player owned stations, then being able to repeat that order with OUT having to re-input the order ad-infinitum.
Any one know how to work this?

Fenris321
x4

Re: Repeat Orders?

Post by Fenris321 » Thu, 6. May 21, 02:10

Nope, For whatever reason "transfer" will not work on repeat orders. Have no clue what the logic is there.

Instead, use repeat, then buy at your warehouse, then sell at your stations. No money will actually change hands since they are stations owned by you. You'll still need money at the station "buying" the goods .... because ... logic :gruebel: But the money will stay there.

Pitagora
x4

Re: Repeat Orders?

Post by Pitagora » Thu, 6. May 21, 08:54

To transfer stuff between 2 stations with repeated orders you have to set a buy order on the receiving station and a sell order on the source. Just be sure to set commercial rules in the stations to avoid buy and sell from 3rd parties.

It makes sense in normal gameplay to behave like this when (example) a station producing something needed in another place, is submitted to buy and sell orders. The ships will move only when they can actually get the desired amount of cargo from the giving station and there's an appropriate buy order in the receiving one. Otherwise you may get an empty stock on the source or overflowing storage in the recipient.

Anyway a specific transfer order can be welcome nonetheless, I'm pretty confident one can easily manage any issue in a "dumb" transfer process.
Ricarica et impera!

Return to “X4: Foundations”