Some Construction GUI QOL Requests

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Duncaroos
x4

Some Construction GUI QOL Requests

Post by Duncaroos » Wed, 5. May 21, 15:47

Yes yes, another one of these threads.

1) Add toggle for the ship docking envelopes, or at the very least be not selectable. For example the hexa pier really prevents you from selecting anything behind the envelopes.

2) To place modules via toggled plot center snap points so that we can ensure symmetric builds are centered in the plot. I can never get a plot perfectly centered to minimize the plot size. An alternative is to get an orthogonal (non-perspective) view option to make it easier to center stations (might be easier than snap points). Being able to use the arrow keys to shift the station would also be useful.

3) Add back the estimated cost for construction before accepting changes. Really needed for existing stations in the early game where money is tight and you have to remove modules for the upgrade. If it's too expensive, your existing modules deconstruct and have a broken station + no money :( .

4) Add the default construction trade option with the rest of the default lists on the player tab. There is no way to define default construction trade behaviors for the player's faction from what I can see.
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

grapedog
x4

Re: Some Construction GUI QOL Requests

Post by grapedog » Wed, 5. May 21, 16:17

Id also like...

1. Default loadout is set to no turret/shield loadouts.
2. Allow my construction ship to take NPC jobs.
3. Ability to fire NPC builder ships without having to mess with station stuff, like available cash or deconstructing parts.

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Wed, 5. May 21, 19:03

grapedog wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 16:17
Id also like...

3. Ability to fire NPC builder ships without having to mess with station stuff, like available cash or deconstructing parts.
For your first point, I think if you set the default loadout to "custom" before placing modules, it comes up empty
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Wed, 5. May 21, 20:23

Duncaroos wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 15:47
Yes yes, another one of these threads.

1) Add toggle for the ship docking envelopes, or at the very least be not selectable. For example the hexa pier really prevents you from selecting anything behind the envelopes.

2) To place modules via toggled plot center snap points so that we can ensure symmetric builds are centered in the plot. I can never get a plot perfectly centered to minimize the plot size. An alternative is to get an orthogonal (non-perspective) view option to make it easier to center stations (might be easier than snap points). Being able to use the arrow keys to shift the station would also be useful.

3) Add back the estimated cost for construction before accepting changes. Really needed for existing stations in the early game where money is tight and you have to remove modules for the upgrade. If it's too expensive, your existing modules deconstruct and have a broken station + no money :( .

4) Add the default construction trade option with the rest of the default lists on the player tab. There is no way to define default construction trade behaviors for the player's faction from what I can see.
in addition to center snap i would like axis lock for movement. and for it to show the position of the currently selected module preferably with the ability to manually enter position and rotation values.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Wed, 5. May 21, 20:27

Also add at the bottom left the selected mission details for those of us building stations for the AI :D
Is annoying to have every time to swift between forms to find what we need to built

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 5. May 21, 21:27

grapedog wrote:
Id also like...

Default seems to be a crapshoot. I know most times its empty, then sometimes I wonder why it needs Terran parts even though there is no Terran modules.
As for point 2 I have no idea how it works, doesn't Find Build Tasks behavior does that? I just have no idea how NPCs pick what they want to use.
For point 3 also allow us to remove our own builders too for that matter, while it generally won't matter should as well throw in that option while they're at it.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Wed, 5. May 21, 21:50

All suggestions here would be great!
grapedog wrote:
Wait, is there hacky way to "fire" NPC builder ship? How? I could use that in some cases

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 5. May 21, 22:07

Raptor34 wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 21:27
grapedog wrote:
Id also like...

Default seems to be a crapshoot. I know most times its empty, then sometimes I wonder why it needs Terran parts even though there is no Terran modules.
As for point 2 I have no idea how it works, doesn't Find Build Tasks behavior does that? I just have no idea how NPCs pick what they want to use.
For point 3 also allow us to remove our own builders too for that matter, while it generally won't matter should as well throw in that option while they're at it.
The first point is a crap shoot... that is my issue. I would like it not to be a crap shoot.

Ive had my builders set to find build tasks for days sometimes, and they just float from sector to sector not doing anything... until i put em to work. If there is one locally that has enough build drones, ill use it instead of dragging my own from 15 sectors away.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 5. May 21, 22:08

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 21:50
All suggestions here would be great!
grapedog wrote:
Wait, is there hacky way to "fire" NPC builder ship? How? I could use that in some cases
If you "complete" the station by removing what hasn't been built, it will finish and leave. Then you rebuild it and hire someone new.

Return to “X4: Foundations”