I just use the station calculator because

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jojorne
x4

I just use the station calculator because

Post by jojorne » Wed, 5. May 21, 01:01

Well, because I can't see the data ingame while building the station. It's that simple. During construction, you can see only the individual status of the modules but only after the station is built you can see the result. You can't see the total production and consumption. You can't see the total workforce needed. This is not the case with the station calculator. If you could work with the data while building the station, the station calculator would become obsolete to my point of view.

grapedog
x4

Re: I just use the station calculator because

Post by grapedog » Wed, 5. May 21, 01:17

I feel that I prefer the station calculator as a seperate item. I can mess around with it, perfect what I want to build, and then build it. I don't know how smooth it would work in the game, or how easily and cleanly the info would be provided. Id probably still use the station calc regardless of what ego may come up with.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 5. May 21, 02:20

It's sad that an online tool, not provided by the devs, is basically mandatory for any sort of advanced station planning. X4 absolutely needs an in-game tool that matches the capabilities of this website.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Wed, 5. May 21, 03:01

I don't know, that website sure works great. Maybe Egosoft could buy it, toss a little branding in, and call it good?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Wed, 5. May 21, 19:57

It needs to be in the game though, it's very annoying to have to exit and go see data that should already be there in the logistics view (production vs consumption, for example).

I'm currently making a spreadsheet to cover storage estimates. Very crude way / can't handle intermediate wares, but at least for single productions (or if you don't care about intermediate ware storage levels overlapping with end-product levels), it works really well
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Return to “X4: Foundations”