cradle of humanity

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

california3201
x4

cradle of humanity

Post by california3201 » Tue, 4. May 21, 20:17

I want to play cradle of humanity with out getting rid of my current game. I am willing to pay for a new game. I tried to setup a second steam account with a different email but ran into problems

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: cradle of humanity

Post by CBJ » Tue, 4. May 21, 20:26

Why would you need to get rid of your current game? Cradle of Humanity is an expansion, and you can get the additional content in your existing saves just by buying and installing it.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 5. May 21, 02:18

On your existing save, if you own cradle of humanity but you want to continue to play your existing save without the cradle of humanity content being added to your game, simply disable cradle of humanity in the extensions menu. Restart the game, then load up your old save game.

AdrianWir
x4

Post by AdrianWir » Wed, 5. May 21, 13:45

Or you can copy folder with game to another place and download X4_nosteam.exe from egosoft.com. You don't even have to worry about old save.
Laptop ASUS | Ryzen 5 3550H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia GTX1650 - X4 works fine... until you have a huge fleet and lots of stations :)

XUDB forum

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Thu, 6. May 21, 21:46

california3201 wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 20:17
I want to play cradle of humanity with out getting rid of my current game. I am willing to pay for a new game. I tried to setup a second steam account with a different email but ran into problems
If you want to keep more than 1 save, just copy the whole save folder and rename it, when open the game and keep 1 save delete the rest.
If you use the Steam version, remove the cloud save so it will never check your save files.

At one point last year I had 4 different save folders. TEL, HOP, ANT, FRF with 4 different campaigns.
Was playing 2 in Linux and 2 in Windows depending the mood, as I like roleplaying.

Atm I have 3 saves (last save). PAR, TER, ANT started with 4.0.

Return to “X4: Foundations”