Suggestion Box : Randomization

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hawkseyez
x4

Suggestion Box : Randomization

Post by Hawkseyez » Tue, 4. May 21, 15:25

I don't want to be one of those guys to ask to make the game, something it isn't. I do want to keep what the game has but change how its plated for consumption. all of the sectors are same size. could it be possible to say just put argon prime square in one of the paranid squares? create a mode that will shuffle all the zones and place them randomly. part of this randomization could also be changing of faction locations. eg, start of every game argon, terran etc all hold those same sectors. keep those bunches of sectors but randomly place different factions in them so say Terran has paranid space and argon could get Free Families space. i understand the economy will be affected briefly but factions can correct and do their own things. if one doesn't make it so be it. be same with Xenon. randomizing them might place them in Grand Exchange. also would allow players to play in more of the map. eg, nobody ever spends much time up in emperor's rest or whatever those top left sectors are. be cool to try and start a run from there , just saying. hope i was clear enough. now im not a programmer but i haven't asked the game to change anything, just move stuff around alittle. if create a true shuffling and randomization option this game greatly greatly increases its replayability. thx. cheers.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Suggestion Box : Randomization

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 4. May 21, 19:19

That's a very good suggestion.

Unfortunately my, disaster prone, intuition is that the faction sectors need to be connected between them (just see the problem the Argons have with their 3 sectors cut off and deep in ZYA territory.

Also, there is the other limiting fact of "allying" factions needing to communicate for reasons of commerce. All that, of course, so that the economy will keep on going or else... game over....

The only option close to what you say is the "Custom (Creative) Gamestart" (will be implemented at some point in the future by Egosoft and already on mod) that allows the player to start as (almost) any race and have (again almost) anything he/she wants at the beginning and also choose where to start.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Tue, 4. May 21, 19:25

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 19:19
That's a very good suggestion.

Unfortunately my, disaster prone, intuition is that the faction sectors need to be connected between them (just see the problem the Argons have with their 3 sectors cut off and deep in ZYA territory.

Also, there is the other limiting fact of "allying" factions needing to communicate for reasons of commerce. All that, of course, so that the economy will keep on going or else... game over....

The only option close to what you say is the "Custom (Creative) Gamestart" (will be implemented at some point in the future by Egosoft and already on mod) that allows the player to start as (almost) any race and have (again almost) anything he/she wants at the beginning and also choose where to start.
thanks!

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 4. May 21, 20:14

I wouldn't mind seeing some gameatarts that change things more drastically.... like you pick the ARG in trouble gamestart, and they have already lost a sector or two to HoP and ZYA. Or the paranid pirate dilemma, where TEL is strong, and pirate activity in PAR/HoP space is much much higher.

Return to “X4: Foundations”