How big is your Mega-HQ/station?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jkflipflop98
x4

Re: How big is your Mega-HQ/station?

Post by jkflipflop98 » Mon, 10. May 21, 22:22

apricotslice wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 07:09
jkflipflop98 wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 06:49
It doesn't make any logical sense whatsoever that I'm charging 100k for a fighter ship when everyone else sells the same thing for 1.3M.
That makes no sense.

On the ship fabricator, there's a slider for percent of normal price for you to charge.

Setting it to 120% still keeps the shipyard running flat out.

It sounds like you have yours set at 10%.

You might want to change that.
I take it you've never actually paid any attention to the ships you're selling to the factions, then? If you watch the ships as they pull out of your shipyard, you can scan them and see what loadout the NPC bought from you. You only get 10-20% of the actual value of the ship even with the slider set to 150%. TER buying a katana with protons gets your shipyard 1.2M, but you can manually sell the exact same loadout to their shipyard for 9M.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 11. May 21, 02:36

I haven't done it with v4.

But it wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed it deliberately.

I'll check when I get operational again.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 11. May 21, 10:26

Everything have at least 20 production except foodstuff medical chain
Some have 20 in addition like Hull Parts
Habitat for 200.000
Storage 30L Each in a chain block so it is easy to detach and re attach them.
Most of the 20 in a line alignment for easy copy sequence.
64 drones can be produced at once. That is surely an overkill.
Energy cell is the only where I manually set allocated storage space.
Most of them is set to buy resources from anyone sell to only me.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 11. May 21, 10:28

jkflipflop98 wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 22:22
apricotslice wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 07:09
jkflipflop98 wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 06:49
It doesn't make any logical sense whatsoever that I'm charging 100k for a fighter ship when everyone else sells the same thing for 1.3M.
That makes no sense.

On the ship fabricator, there's a slider for percent of normal price for you to charge.

Setting it to 120% still keeps the shipyard running flat out.

It sounds like you have yours set at 10%.

You might want to change that.
I take it you've never actually paid any attention to the ships you're selling to the factions, then? If you watch the ships as they pull out of your shipyard, you can scan them and see what loadout the NPC bought from you. You only get 10-20% of the actual value of the ship even with the slider set to 150%. TER buying a katana with protons gets your shipyard 1.2M, but you can manually sell the exact same loadout to their shipyard for 9M.
There is a mod that reverts the shipyard/wharf changes ES made to prices. They were addressing a complaint that they made the game too easy or boring. They seem to have gone a little overboard on it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/675

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 11. May 21, 11:41

Baconnaise wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 10:28
There is a mod that reverts the shipyard/wharf changes ES made to prices. They were addressing a complaint that they made the game too easy or boring. They seem to have gone a little overboard on it.
Thanks for that.

It is what Egosoft do.

It's been like that since X2.

Every time someone identifies a great way of making money, they nerf it in the next patch, or the next game.

Could have been my closed loop shipyard guide caused some people to complain it was too easy to make credits that way. Except it wasn't. It takes too long and around a billion earned the hard way to build a proper closed look shipyard, so what it makes is the ultimate game payout.

And since what you need for terraforming is actually more than that, I can't see how anyone can complain about making a lot, when you're going to be putting it into a no-earn endeavor for plot.

In fact as far as I can see, but haven't tested yet, to do terraforming, you need the closed loop shipyard, and it not making ships in order to have the resources you need to terraform. But you need it to run as a shipyard partially in order to finance it.

So thanks for the fix. :D

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 11. May 21, 14:04

apricotslice wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 11:41
Baconnaise wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 10:28
Thanks for that.

It is what Egosoft do.

It's been like that since X2.

Every time someone identifies a great way of making money, they nerf it in the next patch, or the next game.

Could have been my closed loop shipyard guide caused some people to complain it was too easy to make credits that way. Except it wasn't. It takes too long and around a billion earned the hard way to build a proper closed look shipyard, so what it makes is the ultimate game payout.

And since what you need for terraforming is actually more than that, I can't see how anyone can complain about making a lot, when you're going to be putting it into a no-earn endeavor for plot.

In fact as far as I can see, but haven't tested yet, to do terraforming, you need the closed loop shipyard, and it not making ships in order to have the resources you need to terraform. But you need it to run as a shipyard partially in order to finance it.

So thanks for the fix. :D
Not really, terraforming is just a late game timesink. Not even that expensive if you just go for the objectives than making everything nice.
I just open trade everything.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Tue, 11. May 21, 19:00

I saved the plan from the last game and carried it over to a new start to make a save at at all three decision points at the same time.
35,000 employees and still growing................ and once again miners are working just fine

Return to “X4: Foundations”