Ironman Gameplay ?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hawkseyez
x4

Ironman Gameplay ?

Post by Hawkseyez » Mon, 3. May 21, 04:15

Anyone know if are any future plans to incorporate an IronMan mode in this game? Ironman mode meaning if die, game over and no saves to load of that game. I think it would be a challenge to not die. certainly make you think twice before do anything. thanks.

KextV8
x4

Re: Ironman Gameplay ?

Post by KextV8 » Mon, 3. May 21, 04:25

Maybe one day. They eventually did in the past.

It was simultaneously one of the most fun and most frustrating things to play in X3:TC/AP as you go through a gate and explode on the butt end of a capital, or undock from a station and instantly explode cause of bad collision mesh lmao.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Mon, 3. May 21, 05:05

KextV8 wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 04:25
Maybe one day. They eventually did in the past.

It was simultaneously one of the most fun and most frustrating things to play in X3:TC/AP as you go through a gate and explode on the butt end of a capital, or undock from a station and instantly explode cause of bad collision mesh lmao.
lol. i bet. would really like to have a survival game in space. love x4 but i am never in fear of dying really. i mean alittle at the beginning but mostly long as are looking around and don't do anything really stupid you can live quite easily. Thanks for the hope! :)

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Mon, 3. May 21, 06:29

Would love to see a return of dead is dead mode, would make fights a little more interesting.

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Mon, 3. May 21, 06:47

I guess it's cool for people who want it. My problem with the game having Ironman is that no game is glitch free. I'd be pissed if I had a 100 hour game over screen because of some bug or glitch then the program wiped all the save files. I've played "dead is dead" in other games and just deleted everything manually if I died and it wasn't a bug causing it.

They've had it in past games, I wouldn't be surprised to see it added in X4. Seemed pretty popular in X3, so I don't see why they wouldn't add it.
Last edited by Fenris321 on Mon, 3. May 21, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 3. May 21, 07:24

I'd love to see it too BUT (a very big but), so far, in V4.0, Egosoft has implemented an "escape pod" option so that the player can, maybe, survive and teleport to another of his/her ships.
Given the tasking load times it's, somewhat, understandable even though the ship the player is usually in is a "special" one (with mods and stuff) that most players are not ready to loose so they reload...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 3. May 21, 09:41

Fenris321 wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 06:47
My problem with the game having Ironman is that no game is glitch free. I'd be pissed if I had a 100 game over screen because of some bug or glitch then the program wiped all the save files. I've played "dead is dead" in other games and just deleted everything manually if I died and it wasn't a bug causing it.

They've had it in past games, I wouldn't be surprised to see it added in X4. Seemed pretty popular in X3, so I don't see why they wouldn't add it.
This. The "DiD" mode did appear to later X3 game after DiD was all the hype. Some players described the progress in games, where they did play ironman even though the game did not force it in any way. Amazing tales. The source of term "RSLG" (Run, Screaming Like a Girl).

The point is that you can already play DiD, if you want. You can choose the exact rules that you follow (i.e. does CTD allow reload or not).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Mon, 3. May 21, 14:10

Wow that sounds Masochistic... I think you should take it one step further and glue thumb tacks to the keys of your keyboard with the pointy bits facing up.
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 3. May 21, 14:20

Lander1979 wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 14:10
Wow that sounds Masochistic... I think you should take it one step further and glue thumb tacks to the keys of your keyboard with the pointy bits facing up.
Nah, you can't actually die that easily in X4. Even less once you've actually gotten teleport. I don't think you can actually die then if you know what the pause key is.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Mon, 3. May 21, 19:44

If you want dead is dead, jump off the edge and don't play.

Just sit there, happy that you're dead.

The more you tell your self you're dead, the happier you will become.

:?

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Wed, 5. May 21, 17:42

Hawkseyez wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 04:15
Anyone know if are any future plans to incorporate an IronMan mode in this game? Ironman mode meaning if die, game over and no saves to load of that game. I think it would be a challenge to not die. certainly make you think twice before do anything. thanks.
Just turn off auto save and don't save and don't load and be happy. You are welcome!
... Or did I miss something?
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Wed, 5. May 21, 18:08

It's already in. Turn off autosave.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 5. May 21, 18:18

Autosave has nothing to do with it. Ironmen do not reload whether they have saves or not.
What turning of autosave does is removal of some unnecessary interruptions. A convenience.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 5. May 21, 18:42

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 06:29
Would love to see a return of dead is dead mode, would make fights a little more interesting.
Imagine how this would feel, if in an advanced dead is dead mode, your ship get inextricably stuck inside some station geometry while docking.

Of course, a quick teleport to another sector will solve this, provided teleportation is researched.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 5. May 21, 21:24

Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 18:42
NightmareNight91 wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 06:29
Imagine how this would feel, if in an advanced dead is dead mode, your ship get inextricably stuck inside some station geometry while docking.

Of course, a quick teleport to another sector will solve this, provided teleportation is researched.
Tell your pilot to fly you somewhere and go afk.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Wed, 5. May 21, 21:25

Falcrack wrote:

Before I get teleport, this crap is the bane of my existence. I swear the Autopilot is programmed to slam itself into the interior of asteroids along the path and get stuck.

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Thu, 6. May 21, 02:14

KextV8 wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 21:25
Falcrack wrote:

Before I get teleport, this crap is the bane of my existence. I swear the Autopilot is programmed to slam itself into the interior of asteroids along the path and get stuck.
I gasp every time the pilot does this for asteroids or stations. X3 flashbacks to a game over screen :lol:

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Thu, 6. May 21, 06:16

Meh just save alot, its already hard to die in this game.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 6. May 21, 10:51

Fenris321 wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 02:14
KextV8 wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 21:25
I swear the Autopilot is programmed to slam itself into the interior of asteroids along the path and get stuck.
I gasp every time the pilot does this for asteroids or stations. X3 flashbacks to a game over screen :lol:
Auto-pillock? Pilot? I don't DiD and still won't use either of those. That part about AGI I do agree with Terrans.

I can proudly state that control the ship myself when it slams into asteroids, stations, or other ships. :roll:

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Thu, 6. May 21, 12:49

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 18:18
Autosave has nothing to do with it. Ironmen do not reload whether they have saves or not.
What turning of autosave does is removal of some unnecessary interruptions. A convenience.
Yeah, don't load and just start a new game when you die. Already in.

Return to “X4: Foundations”