Why won't we get Oberth blueprint as PIO reward?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Why won't we get Oberth blueprint as PIO reward?

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 2. May 21, 15:01

Seem like currently this in the only ship that cannot be obtained.

It would be great as some kind of radar ship that could see entire/most of the sector.

ADMNtek
x4

Re: Why won't we get Oberth blueprint as PIO reward?

Post by ADMNtek » Sun, 2. May 21, 17:27

interesting idea i like it. maybe it could also double as a exploration ship. it could have 2 unique behaviors
1 monitor in this mode it works like you said as a giant senor array for several hundred kilometers. but maybe it cant move in this mode or only very slowly.
2 explorer mode it travels the galaxy searching for stuff like stations, treasurer boxes and vaults and marks them with nav beacons i know there are some mods that do something like that.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 2. May 21, 18:49

Because Oberth is the name of the ship and not the type, which is a Terran L freighter. On the other hand to get blueprints for "constructing" a super radar is an interesting idea.

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Sun, 2. May 21, 20:37

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 2. May 21, 18:49
Because Oberth is the name of the ship and not the type, which is a Terran L freighter...
It's not just an L freighter, it's a special "research" variant, with different stats and model.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 2. May 21, 21:28

Oberth is not regular freighter - it has huge ass antenna in place of containers.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 2. May 21, 21:32

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 2. May 21, 21:28
Oberth is not regular freighter - it has huge ass antenna in place of containers.
Never noticed... Nonetheless if it becomes a "reward" in a plot then the endless hours it takes S ships to map a sector are at the end and Egosoft will "think" that the game is "shortened"!!! So, good luck with that....

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Mon, 3. May 21, 07:15

Honestly first thing I tried to do was check if I could board it lol...sadly (and as expected..) i could not.

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Wed, 5. May 21, 15:49

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 07:15
Honestly first thing I tried to do was check if I could board it lol...sadly (and as expected..) i could not.
This is a very very sad day now!
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 05:21

It is now boardable in beta 4.10. Be quick before it despawns, after you've completed Terran Pests quest.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 11:27

If you finished human plot some time ago Oberth will disappear forever ?

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 20:44

Maybe they will make it a reward for the seasons multiverse?

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 21:56

Fishille wrote:
Mon, 21. Jun 21, 20:44
That, would piss me off.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 22:18

Jeraal wrote:
Tue, 22. Jun 21, 21:56
Fishille wrote:
That, would piss me off.
Why? They said going to put some cool ships. I love the idea. :mrgreen:

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 22:48

Mistle wrote:
Mon, 21. Jun 21, 11:27
I think so, unfortunately. I had a boarding op underway right after completing the torus quest, but it took too long and failed before the fighting began and the oberth was nowhere to be found. So I reloaded a save before the oberth vanished (I think when it reaches g. prophecy) and blew up its engine to keep it stuck in place until my marines were ready to fight.
Panos wrote:
Tue, 22. Jun 21, 22:18
Jeraal wrote:
Fishille wrote:
That, would piss me off.
Cool ships is an idea everyone can get behind, but not everyone wants to subject themselves to a multiplayer requirement in order to obtain them. I am excited to try out multiverse team seasons, but not everyone feels that way. If the cool ships are gated behind an activity you don't want to participate in, that can be piss-off inducing.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 23:44

strask412 wrote:
Tue, 22. Jun 21, 22:48
Mistle wrote:
Mon, 21. Jun 21, 11:27
I think so, unfortunately. I had a boarding op underway right after completing the torus quest, but it took too long and failed before the fighting began and the oberth was nowhere to be found. So I reloaded a save before the oberth vanished (I think when it reaches g. prophecy) and blew up its engine to keep it stuck in place until my marines were ready to fight.
Panos wrote:
Tue, 22. Jun 21, 22:18
Jeraal wrote:

That, would piss me off.
Cool ships is an idea everyone can get behind, but not everyone wants to subject themselves to a multiplayer requirement in order to obtain them. I am excited to try out multiverse team seasons, but not everyone feels that way. If the cool ships are gated behind an activity you don't want to participate in, that can be piss-off inducing.
Honestly anyone who doesn’t want to participate has a simple solution thanks to modifications. All created assets would have to be assets built into the game files which modifications could reroute, there are already mods that add cool ships.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 01:46

Fishille wrote:
Tue, 22. Jun 21, 23:44
Honestly anyone who doesn’t want to participate has a simple solution thanks to modifications. All created assets would have to be assets built into the game files which modifications could reroute, there are already mods that add cool ships.
Yes, but mods come with their own set of complications and limitations. Things included in the base game should be accessible VIA the base game, in my opinion. :) Not that it's a big deal as you say, workarounds exist.
- Delilah Shiratori

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 15:55

To be fair they will be offered as part of the game mode.
I totally understand your sentiment, but I also understand the direction the developers are wanting to go.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 06:09

Has anyone captured the Oberth?

I'm about to board it and take it over, because it is unique, but I'm worried about later consenquences/bugs on my vanilla save.

Normally you get messages from the Dr. about the progress of terraforming gaian p. and Segaris. The planet surfaces visibly change for the better. My fear is, that if you capture the Oberth, you screw up your save.

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 11:04

Caedes91 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 06:09

I'm about to board it and take it over, because it is unique, but I'm worried about later consenquences/bugs on my vanilla save.

Normally you get messages from the Dr. about the progress of terraforming gaian p. and Segaris. The planet surfaces visibly change for the better. My fear is, that if you capture the Oberth, you screw up your save.
The ship is not capturable, it is created by the MD during the plot with the capturable="false" tag which means it is impossible to steal.
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:26

Stoats not Goats wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 11:04
Caedes91 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 06:09

The ship is not capturable, it is created by the MD during the plot with the capturable="false" tag which means it is impossible to steal.
Are perhaps playing a different version? I'm still on patch 4.2 and I literally captured it. And on a vanilla save, no mods or anything, only official DLC. Green icon, can teleport to and fly it myself as well as command it like any other ship OOS. It keeps its name "Oberth". Dr. Feynman stands next to me in the bridge while I fly the ship around. The rest of his team and the old captain Rosa are dead though.
To avoid complications I captured it AFTER the Torus Aeternal Quest AND waited for it to arrive in Gaian Prophecy. (Was a goddamn long wait on the Oberth, Flight AI sucks when you are IS) I didn't try it before the conclusion of said quest. At some point in Gaian Prophecy, it is not possible to dock on it anymore, only comm it in your own ship and talk with the Dr. There I captured it, just normal, choose ship with marines, open board menu and hit confirm. The Oberth became hostile, just like any other ship would and then became mine.
Maybe there is a point where the capturable="false" tag unintentionally disappears/switches? Not sure of course, only my guess. That is why I fear bugs further down the line, when the devs didn't intend it to be capturable in the first place and this is only an oversight. But it is still tempting with its uniqueness...
Last edited by Caedes91 on Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X4: Foundations”