Ship Blueprints.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Ship Blueprints.

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sun, 2. May 21, 02:10

Ship Blueprints.

Please can ship Blueprints be assigned to a specific Shipyard/Wharf.

This makes more sense, then going into trade restriction, and trying to sort out who can buy what from who where, how, what ? ( confusing )

Having Teladi Blueprints assigned to your local Teladi shipyard, and no others.

Then assigning say Argon ship blueprints to your yard in Argon space.

I know that sounds like it would be a logical move, and we all know logic is thin on the ground In X4 ! So I am probably waisting my time asking for such an obvious improvement.

This would not stop those who want to still have all blueprints available from one yard, you can do.
For those of us who want better, management of where and who, it is a good step forward for the game.

:teladi:

Falcrack
x4

Re: Ship Blueprints.

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 2. May 21, 02:46

While on the topic of ship blueprints, please allow us to reverse engineer ships in order to obtain the blueprints! Maybe make it so that we need several copies of a specific ship or piece of equipment until we have reverse engineered it completely, so we can't simply purchase a ship from a faction for cheap and then only need a single copy, which is less than the blueprint cost.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 2. May 21, 03:10

I guess?

For those of us who limit themselves to one shipyard/wharf per game because of how profitable they are, it would make no difference.

As long as it doesn't create problems, or cost more than 5 minutes of time to setup, id be fine with it. Even with one shipyard, i still limit who can buy ships from me. But as long as the process was quick and easy, i dont see an issue.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 2. May 21, 03:22

An "interesting" thought on this issue would be to make shipyards/wharfs race specific, like the Wharf Blueprints bought at the Teladi representative can only produce Teladi ships. Of course at a reasonably lower price to get. Then the all encompassing ALI faction can be selling Universal Shipyard blueprints, if one manages to get at +20 with them and at a higher price than now (maybe 3-4 times).

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Sun, 2. May 21, 13:42

We already have trade rules that can be applied to individual stations. How about a similar function for stations? Allow/restrict all factions, add additional factions, add specific ships. Don't know how hard it would be to implement, but the framework is there. Or add it to the logical overview just like add trade ware.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

Return to “X4: Foundations”