Will we get an info about next step/dlc in August?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chew-ie
x4

Re: Will we get an info about next step/dlc in August?

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 7. May 21, 19:26

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 19:08
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
So, years and years more to wait for boron
Aye, no fishies for some more time it seems. :(

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 7. May 21, 19:36

Unless they make boron a pirate faction!!!???

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Fri, 7. May 21, 20:09

I'm all for beefing up the pirate factions into something more challenging and interesting.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Fri, 7. May 21, 20:47

Alm888 wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 19:03
grapedog wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 16:56
I hope they change the name, lol... that's just terrible
How about "X4: Yar-Har-Har!!!"? :D
X4: Why is the spacefuel gone?
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 7. May 21, 21:16

Well, pirates were on my guess list alternative if Borons will not be next DLC.

Ahoy is rather fitting title.

I'm not hyped, but as long as they add new sectors, new ships, new factions and new plots and PIRATE ALLEYS, then I welcome it and be happy to put my money in it.
Seems like with X4 Egosoft finally nailed the sweet spot of consistent quality DLCs.

BTW, here is my bet on DLC4 - no it wont be Borons, it will be Corporations (with Stock Market).

BTW2 - the ship in the screenshot looks wicket!

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 7. May 21, 21:34

As long as a pirate DLC offers a way to truly manage pirate reputations. I could buy shifting a few percent of certain earnings to have pirates not target my ships, or perform things like missions/plot, and later terraforming, to have them as allies.

And i would love to see later, coorporations pushing factions for control. Could also make sector ownership a lot more of an important thing. Each faction loses some territory, companies gain some, war war war!!!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 7. May 21, 21:42

Am I reading it correctly:

Laufzeit: von 15.02.2021 bis 14.09.2021

Could it possibly mean we could expect the DLC3 already this year?

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 7. May 21, 23:07

If a pirate faction then make some pirate life as in a pirate base with good interior that looks like its for pirates no copy n paste and full of pirates playing music, neon lights, strip club and bar and pool and poker. Add a special option when in a ship so when you comm others surrender actually might work based off a threat detection script based on u vs the ship ur wanting to loot. Also a bribe function so if you comm someone shooting u u can bribe em to let you go or to increase rep temporarily till you can escape the sector.

Needs some wicked skins for ships with nice decals not just the design but textures need to look like im gona kill you or loot you, looks.

Lots of pirate chat and comm voiced.

No need for many more sectors just a few hidden ones to find, pirates are not about new places just hidy places really imo. No need for a shared economy to build stuff either as the idea is to sod making anything and to steal it.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Fri, 7. May 21, 23:18

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 21:42
Am I reading it correctly:

Laufzeit: von 15.02.2021 bis 14.09.2021

Could it possibly mean we could expect the DLC3 already this year?
For CoH it was:

Laufzeit von 01.06.2020 bis 31.12.2020

https://www.bmvi.de/SharedDocs/DE/Artik ... /x4wm.html

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 8. May 21, 00:22

Maybe capturing escape pods can be a thing again? I always enjoyed selling all the spoils of war, including slaves, when i was playing less ethical playthroughs... especially selling captured thieving pirate bastards back to other pirates. Very karmic and cathartic...

Also hopefully some better interactions with regards to hacking stations. Perhaps hacking storage for pirates can have them come in and pick up the spoils, send you some credits down the line when they sell em.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 8. May 21, 00:51

Skeeter wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 23:07
If a pirate faction then make some pirate life as in a pirate base with good interior that looks like its for pirates no copy n paste and full of pirates playing music, neon lights, ...
The description of funding mentions European Comission(?) and something something:
Nach den Vorgaben der Europäischen Kommission muss ein Computerspiel einen Kulturtest bezüglich des Spielinhalts und des kulturellen Hintergrunds als Fördervoraussetzung bestehen.
Are neon lights, etc what that "kulturellen Kulturtest" demands?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Sat, 8. May 21, 01:15

Interresing fact its near double money compare CoH

https://www.bmvi.de/SharedDocs/DE/Artik ... -ahoy.html 381k
https://www.bmvi.de/SharedDocs/DE/Artik ... /x4wm.html 194k

However as usual problem relay in finds skilled persons...
In other hands..... you can hire alot modders to do full time job to more cheap with enough experience in x4-scripts
and invest you time improve engine in overall

My2cent

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 8. May 21, 10:50

Comparing the Laufzeit betwen this and CoH it seem they aim for Christmass time release and are worknig on since February.

I think it's not the money but time and manpower which will be constraining factor.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 8. May 21, 13:09

we kind of got used to March release, I bet it will be the same again, we aim for Christmas but delay it until Q1 2022
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 8. May 21, 17:51

vadiolive wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 01:15
Interresing fact its near double money compare CoH
Wasn't there a mention that the funding model was only piloting last year and there was a 200k cap in the pilot?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sat, 8. May 21, 22:38

"Significant expansion of the game universe"
And then we only get +18 sectors... :evil:
Please Egosoft, more, mooooreee :P

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sat, 8. May 21, 23:09

Hopefully that large influx of cash on top of selling the actual game and dlc will mean egosoft can hire some more people for improving the game while also adding content. People to make VFX for example, that I think might currently be done by 3d artists (lino)? Sound fx people too?

And obviously I am livid that its not the boron, more money could = more possibility of boron yes? And faster...

I also hope that the pirate expansion adds pirates outside of cartels. Currently we really dont have anything that to me would count as a traditional scoundrel. Organised crime and cartels yes, but malcolm reynolds, independant freebooter, random gang of murderers that managed to get some ships? Non-existant. The SCA being a faction in itself lends them to something other than what I think is a traditional pirate, egosoft attempted to fix this issue by locking their rep, but its a bit of an odd fix... What I mean is that I want egosoft to add the concept of factionless/independant npcs - some of these could be pirates, smuggers, bounty hunters etc - and some of them could be law abiding. Faction-less ships could give us quite a few extra options in the game.
Karvat wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 22:38
18 is more than enough. If playing X3FL has taught me anything its that there is such a thing as too many sectors and redundancy. Good sectors please, I dont care how many there are, just that they are interesting (Rebirth did this right, but then made the huge mistake of not allowing these sectors to develop outside of player hands...).
Last edited by Axeface on Sat, 8. May 21, 23:13, edited 3 times in total.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 8. May 21, 23:11

- NPC Pirate Factions that do Boarding Ops to justify buying Marines to protect your larger vessels?
- A Slave Trade Mechanic.
- Police feature for Pirate Factions, claim a territory, order your pirate ships to police the Sector for whatever goods you want them to take, instead of police voice overs, you get the Pirate ones instead.
- create black markets on npc stations.
- Have procedurally generated Pirate Factions that can grow in size if left alone. Every Pirate Faction you stomp out? A new Pirate Faction is born.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sun, 9. May 21, 00:39

Axeface wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 23:09
Hopefully that large influx of cash on top of selling the actual game and dlc will mean egosoft can hire some more people for improving the game while also adding content. People to make VFX for example, that I think might currently be done by 3d artists (lino)? Sound fx people too?

And obviously I am livid that its not the boron, more money could = more possibility of boron yes? And faster...

I also hope that the pirate expansion adds pirates outside of cartels. Currently we really dont have anything that to me would count as a traditional scoundrel. Organised crime and cartels yes, but malcolm reynolds, independant freebooter, random gang of murderers that managed to get some ships? Non-existant. The SCA being a faction in itself lends them to something other than what I think is a traditional pirate, egosoft attempted to fix this issue by locking their rep, but its a bit of an odd fix... What I mean is that I want egosoft to add the concept of factionless/independant npcs - some of these could be pirates, smuggers, bounty hunters etc - and some of them could be law abiding. Faction-less ships could give us quite a few extra options in the game.
Karvat wrote:
18 is more than enough. If playing X3FL has taught me anything its that there is such a thing as too many sectors and redundancy. Good sectors please, I dont care how many there are, just that they are interesting (Rebirth did this right, but then made the huge mistake of not allowing these sectors to develop outside of player hands...).
Instead is not, the map is already too small, repetitive and flat.
Ideally we would have a bunch of sectors like in X3 with the same quality of XR
Asking for less really doesen't make sense.
Even +30 with SV wasn't enough in my opinion.

It literally takes less than a couple of hours to explore the full map in X4 and find all the gates extremely easily.
That's boring.
X3 had this wonderful fact that finiding new gates was harder, and i always played with this mystery of never knowing were the borders of the universe were.
That made it way more intresting honestly.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 9. May 21, 02:36

Karvat wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 00:39
Axeface wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 23:09

Karvat wrote:
Instead is not, the map is already too small, repetitive and flat.
Ideally we would have a bunch of sectors like in X3 with the same quality of XR
Asking for less really doesen't make sense.
Even +30 with SV wasn't enough in my opinion.

It literally takes less than a couple of hours to explore the full map in X4 and find all the gates extremely easily.
That's boring.
X3 had this wonderful fact that finiding new gates was harder, and i always played with this mystery of never knowing were the borders of the universe were.
That made it way more intresting honestly.

You could have 1000 New Sectors, it wont improve the game, all it'll do is put strain on middle-down PC's.
X:Rebirth didn't have quantity, which is why I personally find their systems more lore rich and interesting to explore, they compensated for the lack of systems.
If they go nuts with new systems it means sacrificing resources better spent elsewhere.
Do I want to see more Sectors? Yes, sure!
But once you've explored them? Then you just crave more Sectors and more. It's the wrong direction to go, sure that could be compensated with more unique Factions?
But I don't really think personally a bunch of fragmented pull away Commonwealth Factions is going to cut it? Sure it could bring even more randomness to the War Mechanics? But I'd rather see more new mechanics and of course.. Borons return? Then maybe they can add a new alien species?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Return to “X4: Foundations”