Will we get an info about next step/dlc in August?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

Re: Will we get an info about next step/dlc in August?

Post by grapedog » Mon, 17. May 21, 17:44

Feloidea wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 12:57
grapedog wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 01:56
Axeface wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 00:14

My X4 corp is 'Totally Legitimate Incorporated' "We dont deal drugs!" is our motto 8)
We took nopileos fortune and rechristened it "Legitimate Enterprise" too :D https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2045293048
And of course, its a Teladi only corporation, invite only.
In my game you can find a Kitten Toys Manufacturing Complex, a Baby Food Complex, and a Meatless Corndog Complex.... obviously none of which dabble exclusively in illegal drugs.
Going a bit offtopic here but since I see a couple players dabbling in totally not drugs ... how do they sell? Do NPC traders still kick in your front door to buy all the stuff you got like in previous games? How do unlocked black marketeers add to the demand (i.e.: do NPC traders also sell to those or is that only your own traders can sell to).

I'm at the point in my playthrough where I'm looking to increase my portfolio, entirely legally of course, but I don't quite have the cash lying around to just go experiment blindly on previous games' expectations so I'd appreciate the help of fellow legitimate business men.
They can sell very well, if you invest the time to open up black markets. I have a very tidy 6/5/4/3 fuel, weed, dust, stimulats complex that averages around 11 million every 2 hours. My 2 other complexes are built different, but all my drug factories make good money... but ive spent a lot of time opening up the extra markets. When i say extra markets what i mean is.... for example, a basic ARG hull part factory might buy weed and fuel on its own. But if you open up a black marketeer... it will buy everything in limited quantities that reset over time. Or you can find a black market on a defense station, which normally trades nothing... now it will buy all your drugs with a black market open.

Dust sells probably the least well

I probablt get as many NPCs docking to buy as i do my own ships in a given hour.

As another poster said, S couriers are the best for drugs. If they do get stopped by the police, they're only dumping a little bit of drugs. Some stations only have a 1m6s dock.. and if your M trader is waiting on a dock to open, it can get scanned and asked to dump its load. I have never seen a wait for S ships. You csn also have them ignore police requests, but i don't bother... they stop that one ship, and 4 more are slippijg by at the same time. Lastly, the vast majority of drug offers are onky a few hundred. M transports will almost always be flying around super empty... where an S has a full, smaller, hold.

I love the drug factories, very fun and can be very profitable.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 17. May 21, 17:50

rene6740 wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 13:38
Shehriazad wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 15:15
-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 14:58
I would use these funds to fix all the content already in the game. 400 thousand euros should be enough, but this will not be done and egosoft will continue to lose more customers.

They prefer to add other non-working things. :|
As far as I can see big patches always come with dozens to hundreds of fixes or attempts at changing things (for the better)...so not sure where that saltmine is coming from. It's not like CoH didn't come with a huge update for the base game.
The patches that come with „dozens to hundreds“ of fixes for a 2 year old game speaks for itself. It just shows in what a state the game still is. And as he pointed out, they keep adding new stuff that dont work, either due to bugs or poor balancing, instead of fixing things up that are already there.
Lol, this is one way to look at it. I had a much longer reply originally... but i figute you wouldn't csre... its all about you. Not worth my time...

Keep up the good work Ego!

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Mon, 17. May 21, 17:55

Axeface wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 13:58
You set up black marketeers yourself with the signal leaks and then your trader ships can sell your dru.... legitimate merchandise. Make sure your traders are fast to avoid... to make sure the product reaches the customers without, problems (terran combat engines on s couriers). The more marketeers the more use.... customers. As far as npcs buying from you, I havent seen this yet so I dont think so, not a single ship.
Oh, and the market just replenishes. So you'll sell the full amount thats wanted at any given station and a while later there will be demand again, its not like nvidium or something that never replenishes.
grapedog wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 17:44
They can sell very well, if you invest the time to open up black markets. I have a very tidy 6/5/4/3 fuel, weed, dust, stimulats complex that averages around 11 million every 2 hours. My 2 other complexes are built different, but all my drug factories make good money... but ive spent a lot of time opening up the extra markets. When i say extra markets what i mean is.... for example, a basic ARG hull part factory might buy weed and fuel on its own. But if you open up a black marketeer... it will buy everything in limited quantities that reset over time. Or you can find a black market on a defense station, which normally trades nothing... now it will buy all your drugs with a black market open.

I probablt get as many NPCs docking to buy as i do my own ships in a given hour.

As another poster said, S couriers are the best for drugs. If they do get stopped by the police, they're only dumping a little bit of drugs. Some stations only have a 1m6s dock.. and if your M trader is waiting on a dock to open, it can get scanned and asked to dump its load. I have never seen a wait for S ships. You csn also have them ignore police requests, but i don't bother... they stop that one ship, and 4 more are slippijg by at the same time. Lastly, the vast majority of drug offers are onky a few hundred. M transports will almost always be flying around super empty... where an S has a full, smaller, hold.

Neato. Access to black marketeers is no issue. I'm a compulsive scanner so I tend to have more or less one open in each sector with few exceptions. Plus a couple sectors where I got multiple such unlocked and each such instance is marked with a satellite. My prime concern was the low quantities each marketeer is buying (ranging from 100-300 per ware) and if the demand resets after a while. I think I'll have a go with a small complex and a bunch of S couriers and see how the NPC trader influx goes.

Really hoping that if the upcoming DLC is indeed going to focus on the more illicit side of business, we're getting a more fleshed out and dynamic black market to really make some big bucks in the backrooms of galactic commerce.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Mon, 17. May 21, 21:31

rene6740 wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 13:38
Shehriazad wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 15:15
-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 14:58
I would use these funds to fix all the content already in the game. 400 thousand euros should be enough, but this will not be done and egosoft will continue to lose more customers.

They prefer to add other non-working things. :|
As far as I can see big patches always come with dozens to hundreds of fixes or attempts at changing things (for the better)...so not sure where that saltmine is coming from. It's not like CoH didn't come with a huge update for the base game.
The patches that come with „dozens to hundreds“ of fixes for a 2 year old game speaks for itself. It just shows in what a state the game still is. And as he pointed out, they keep adding new stuff that dont work, either due to bugs or poor balancing, instead of fixing things up that are already there.

Bruh that is so horribly asinine of a stance to take I had to smile a little. Let me elaborate: Games with millions of lines of code will always have tons of bugs. You could literally put a dev studio on an AAA game for 5 years just for bugfixing and they'd never fix it all.

Look at freaking Skyrim. It came out 10 years ago and the unofficial patch is STILL being worked on simply because the amount of bugs are so massive. Heck, the unofficial MORROWIND patches...yes, 20 year old game is STILL being updated.
Plus whenever you fix one bug you are at risk of creating a minor new issue that might not even appear until way down the line. Need more recent examples? No Mans Sky, still getting tons of fixes. Fallout 76? Tons of fixes. Anything ubisoft puts out? Nah they usually give up fixing stuff once they have rushed out the DLC packs 6-12 months down the road.
Anything EA? Lmao they don't fix stuff...they just put out new games.
The amount of fixes Elite Dangerous, Witcher 3 and other games needed and still need is also staggering.

That is the way of game development. Humans make errors and code can be a bitch. If you truly think that THIS speaks of the quality of the game itself then you must also agree on the statement that there isn't a single recent AAA or "Semi-"AAA title on the market that is in a "good state" right now.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 17. May 21, 23:16

Feloidea wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 17:55
Axeface wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 13:58
You set up black marketeers yourself with the signal leaks and then your trader ships can sell your dru.... legitimate merchandise. Make sure your traders are fast to avoid... to make sure the product reaches the customers without, problems (terran combat engines on s couriers). The more marketeers the more use.... customers. As far as npcs buying from you, I havent seen this yet so I dont think so, not a single ship.
Oh, and the market just replenishes. So you'll sell the full amount thats wanted at any given station and a while later there will be demand again, its not like nvidium or something that never replenishes.
grapedog wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 17:44

Neato. Access to black marketeers is no issue. I'm a compulsive scanner so I tend to have more or less one open in each sector with few exceptions. Plus a couple sectors where I got multiple such unlocked and each such instance is marked with a satellite. My prime concern was the low quantities each marketeer is buying (ranging from 100-300 per ware) and if the demand resets after a while. I think I'll have a go with a small complex and a bunch of S couriers and see how the NPC trader influx goes.

Really hoping that if the upcoming DLC is indeed going to focus on the more illicit side of business, we're getting a more fleshed out and dynamic black market to really make some big bucks in the backrooms of galactic commerce.
Certainly experiment!

They're fun! Good luck, and if you have more questions, ask!

Witzzard
x4

Post by Witzzard » Tue, 18. May 21, 08:29

Well i hope we'll get to see a new Marani faction or something - really wondered what happenend to them after X3.
Besides that i still feel that such a DLC would need quite the work on reputation mechanics and reactions towards attacking ships and overall how factions identify player ships and interact with them. Meaning ships truly only react towards things in their scanners range, identification is not a 100% thing - rather based on notority and how distinctive the used ship is and such things. Though i think the missing negative sector space is a tad of a problem for a more piracy feeling. I'd also like to see more mobility for them, e.g. supply ships, refit XL ships as mobile illegal goods trading hubs..
But i'm eager to see what they're thinking of.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 19. May 21, 23:50

Shehriazad wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 21:31

Bruh that is so horribly asinine of a stance to take I had to smile a little. Let me elaborate: Games with millions of lines of code will always have tons of bugs. You could literally put a dev studio on an AAA game for 5 years just for bugfixing and they'd never fix it all.

Look at freaking Skyrim. It came out 10 years ago and the unofficial patch is STILL being worked on simply because the amount of bugs are so massive. Heck, the unofficial MORROWIND patches...yes, 20 year old game is STILL being updated.
Plus whenever you fix one bug you are at risk of creating a minor new issue that might not even appear until way down the line. Need more recent examples? No Mans Sky, still getting tons of fixes. Fallout 76? Tons of fixes. Anything ubisoft puts out? Nah they usually give up fixing stuff once they have rushed out the DLC packs 6-12 months down the road.
Anything EA? Lmao they don't fix stuff...they just put out new games.
The amount of fixes Elite Dangerous, Witcher 3 and other games needed and still need is also staggering.

That is the way of game development. Humans make errors and code can be a bitch. If you truly think that THIS speaks of the quality of the game itself then you must also agree on the statement that there isn't a single recent AAA or "Semi-"AAA title on the market that is in a "good state" right now.

And it's only going to get worse as Computers get faster, more energy efficient and the demand for larger games becomes apparent.

The latest patch 4.20? is in alpha phase at the moment i've heard. So hopefully that will alleviate allot a little of his concerns?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 23:20

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 10:50
Comparing the Laufzeit betwen this and CoH it seem they aim for Christmass time release and are worknig on since February.

I think it's not the money but time and manpower which will be constraining factor.
I don't know how many people have noticed this but ..
https://gamasutra.com/view/news/385665/ ... rammer.php
.. Manpower is being boosted.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Tue, 10. Aug 21, 01:29

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Thu, 5. Aug 21, 23:20
mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 10:50
Comparing the Laufzeit betwen this and CoH it seem they aim for Christmass time release and are worknig on since February.

I think it's not the money but time and manpower which will be constraining factor.
I don't know how many people have noticed this but ..
https://gamasutra.com/view/news/385665/ ... rammer.php
.. Manpower is being boosted.
Awesome! Hope they hire a UX / Interaction Design / Information Designer too!

Return to “X4: Foundations”