Any way to see what a NPC Shipyard is specifically missing that is holding up your order?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Midnitewolf

Any way to see what a NPC Shipyard is specifically missing that is holding up your order?

Post by Midnitewolf » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 05:41

I have found where I can see what the Shipyard has in the way of resources but I am trying to figure out what exactly it needs specific to my order that is holding things up. They look pretty well stocked to me but my order isn't being constructed and I have been pumping resources into the shipyard right and left and it is still not building.

Sauerlandbub
x4

Re: Any way to see what a NPC Shipyard is specifically missing that is holding up your order?

Post by Sauerlandbub » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 07:49

Open the windows to do the same order again, there you will see which parts are missing.

af_2017
x4

Re: Any way to see what a NPC Shipyard is specifically missing that is holding up your order?

Post by af_2017 » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 13:10

Also there could be other ships in the build queue before your order. I mean ships ordered by other npc factions.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 13:13

scan the station to see what it has in storage

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 13:34

It usually tells you when you are putting in the order what it's short on and warns you that it could take a long time.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Thu, 6. May 21, 18:15

Best way i found to get right info is , Right click on station select logical view.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 6. May 21, 20:27

Sauerlandbub wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 07:49
Open the windows to do the same order again, there you will see which parts are missing.
That seems a rather convoluted, roundabout way to see that information. Which describes the entirety of X4.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Thu, 6. May 21, 20:48

Sauerlandbub wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 07:49
You don't even have to retrace the order, simply open the buy menu and it will show any imminent shortage of required materials for any player orders in the queue.

That said, I've just run into a bug/whatever where a more or less fully stocked wharf won't build orders even though it's not missing any required materials at all (viewtopic.php?f=180&t=438189). Since the same menu also shows material shortages as you set up your order even before confirming and I've not come across a singular instance where an order that wasn't short on material when confirming the commission also wasn't indeed constructed properly the moment the wharf physically could, I'd suspect OP is running into a similar issue.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 7. May 21, 00:23

Best way is to order another ship then see what wares are missing form the order page.

Otherwise, If you scan 50%+ of a shipyard, you'll be able to see the storage level of all it's wares. You'll be able to see which wares stocks are low, which is usually good information for business opportunity.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X4: Foundations”