Economy tips about ZYA-FRF space?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bix 93
x4

Economy tips about ZYA-FRF space?

Post by Bix 93 » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 11:00

Hi everyone! I started a Split game with the Fires of Defeat start and I discovered that the pilot who rescue you has 4 stars (don't know if this is random). So I put her on a Boa with "Auto-trade" order to get a bunch of credits while doing the first HQ missions. Now that I'm starting to have more cash, I'd like to put some miners and gas-miners in ZYA and FRF space, as this seems a good first step to start gaining money. The next step I've in mind is to build a couple of stations to support ZYA economy, but I don't know what would be the best choice: I noticed that ZYA wharf is costantly in short of Engine Parts, should I try to fill this economic niche? Do you have other suggestions about profitable stations to build in Split space (both ZYA and FRF)?

EGO_Aut
x4

Re: Economy tips about ZYA-FRF space?

Post by EGO_Aut » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 20:08

I did it with engine parts, not sure but i think you have the blueprint or something similar.
Spoiler
Show
In my game the incursion of the Xenon did crash the ZYA economic, and it was a GF for some days :mrgreen:

al_dude
x4

Post by al_dude » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 20:19

A common issue with Split economy is that their go-to destroyer, Rattlesnake requires A LOT of hull parts. I think it needs 11k hull parts just for the hull. And Split tends to build those as soon as they are able. This basically sucks the juice out of them, delaying new station builds and construction of smaller ships.
(A regular destroyer needs 4,500 hull parts in general.)

They also tend to get short on engine parts as well due to a fact that they have combat engine MK 4 which requires a lot of engine parts, not to mention that their most resourceful sector is right next to a Xenon sector. Once their control on Family Zhin gets shaken, ZYA will generally go downhill from there.

Free families fare better but their sectors are poor in resource wise, especially in gas. Tarka's fall has the most gas in the universe but it's under Xenon control.

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 21:28

al_dude wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 20:19
A common issue with Split economy is that their go-to destroyer, Rattlesnake requires A LOT of hull parts. I think it needs 11k hull parts just for the hull. And Split tends to build those as soon as they are able. This basically sucks the juice out of them, delaying new station builds and construction of smaller ships.

They also tend to get short on engine parts as well due to a fact that they have combat engine MK 4 which requires a lot of engine parts, not to mention that their most resourceful sector is right next to a Xenon sector. Once their control on Family Zhin gets shaken, ZYA will generally go downhill from there.

Free families fare better but their sectors are poor in resource wise, especially in gas. Tarka's fall has the most gas in the universe but it's under Xenon control.
Agreed with the hull parts. I noticed the wharf and shipyard in Heart of Arcimony pretty regularly needed around 100,000 hull parts combined. So I built a hull part factory in Tharka's Ravine XVI so everything that needed to be mined was only 1 jump away. They buy hull parts so fast I cant recall ever seeing the storage levels go above 25%.

EDIT: After reading earlier posts I double checked. Turns out Tharka's Fall was wiped clean of Xenon before I discovered it (wondered why it was unclaimed). So, results may vary :D

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 22:12

al_dude wrote:
Sun, 25. Apr 21, 20:19

A common issue with Split Economy is that they don't transport goods between their stations. In my current game, Free Families Wharf and Shipyard both are always lacking hull parts. However, ironically there is a hull parts factory in the same sector, nearly dead center between the Wharf and the Shipyard that has 23k of hull parts just sitting waiting to be bought and zero transport ship traffic between it and the Wharf or Shipyard.

All factions are like this to a degree. I am doing a play through right now where I am pretending that when I capture a sector, I get all the remaining enemy stations like they have surrendered them to me. I wanted a game where territory control was meaningful so I basically use the "Cheat Menu" mod to take over the enemy stations that are left after the sector control passes over to me. I basically wiped out the Godrealm and have inherited their entire economy minus about 4-5 destroyed stations per sector as I conquered them which totals 161 stations over 7 sectors. I then made it so that my sectors could only trade amongst themselves and the result was amazing. I can run 3 full Wharf/Shipyard non-stop plus nearly fully stock 2 Trade stations which sell all overproduction my Empire produces to other factions. Additionally even with well over 100+ M and L transports, I can't move the goods fast enough to keep the individual stations from stopping production due to lack of storage. Nearly every station's sold wares is at 3 dots all the time.

What I found is that it isn't the NPC's economies that are messed up, it is their logistics chain that is messed up. They don't produce and use near enough miners and transports to actually have a functioning economy. If they actually moved resources and goods around to where they were needed, there would never be a stalled economy but for some reason they don't. I think this is by design as the devs want it so that the player has plenty of opportunity to jump in and profit/grow from these supply chain deficiencies but at the same time, this means that the game stagnates horribly if the player doesn't intervene.

Return to “X4: Foundations”