Build the fleet without guns and shields and send it to hell, please. Thank you.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Asby
x4

Build the fleet without guns and shields and send it to hell, please. Thank you.

Post by Asby » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 10:30

I've got the quests is not strong side of this game. Of course, quests can be boring, tedious but they haven't be insanely stupid. Such quests ruin the game atmosphere, and destroying imagination. I can play with a wooden stick imagine that is a rifle, but I cannot imagine the same with a glass of water.

For example:
Fractional quest: this fraction vs other fraction.
Build fleet. XL-ship with one gun and one shield. L without guns and shiels but with 50 laser towers, m with one gun and without shields and 10 naked s-class ships. This fleet would help us utilize couple hundreds our citizens. :D

Seriously, I cannot get, what point of this kind of tasks. [critic part end]
[suggestion part]
Add the cost of the normal ships to the quest reward or ask to build normal ships in quest.
Last edited by Asby on Wed, 21. Apr 21, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
[LU] Mayhem 2.07
[ external image ]

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Build the fleet without guns and shields and send it to hell, please. Thank you.

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 10:38

Yeah, fleet delivery mission requirement makes absolutely no sence.

They should focus and delivery of fight capable ship, not some trash configuration that could be beated by an armed freighter.

chip56

Re: Build the fleet without guns and shields and send it to hell, please. Thank you.

Post by chip56 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 10:53

I already suggested in the past that they should change this mission to the X3 logic:
Client demands a specific ship and pays the VALUE of the delivered ship + a bit extra.
That way you would actually have a reason to deliver good ships. And as bonus you would not get the the "upps, i build a ship with mk3 thrusters and they only want mk2 so i cant finish the quest" moment.

If they really want to keep the "specific loadout" they could simply say client pays 100k extra if it has a travel drive, 50k extra for a massdriver gun and so on.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 11:00

Don't mind too much that the specification in fleet delivery missions leaves a lot of latitude for precisely how each ship is kitted out.

I generally go way beyond the minimum requirements & can fit them out pretty much as I want precisely because the spec isn't tightly constrained - for example giving them a single battery of M Beam turrets (because that's what they asked for), but fit M Pulse everywhere else (even though they're not required). Can be strategically useful to be able to place a strong fleet under NPC control in important sectors on the map - they do patrol.

What might be good to change though is to adjust the rep you gain for completing these missions - e.g. perhaps if you skimp on the ships & deliver only the bare minimum you receive very little rep at all, whereas do a decent job, deliver ships capable of what they're needed to do & the faction's much more appreciative. Think it might also be good if they're asking for a carrier they might also want a few fighters to go with it, at least a couple of dozen or so maybe. As far as I'm concerned it's not a proper carrier if it doesn't have any fighters in it.

slober
x4

Post by slober » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 11:11

Unfortunately nobody cares about any type of faction missions. Logic? Reasons?

X4 Foundations has autogenerated missions - DONE :lol:

Other way to look. It is not too bad.
You can earn money and waste faction material for some crap or you can fit good ships. Your game your choice.
Last edited by slober on Wed, 21. Apr 21, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 11:14

I‘d say it‘s probably never gonna be like that the payout will respect the actual equipment of the ships. That’s way more effort needed to implement than it’s worth it. Just up the requirements and the reward you get accordingly.

Vilmu
x4

Post by Vilmu » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 14:10

@OP
You know you can fully equip those ships and there will still be profit in them? The bare minimum requirements for the missions are there so player has some say how the ships are equipped.
Stop being a greedy green lizard and fully equip them! or at the very least stop complaining about player freedom in a sandbox game.

For example the Argon fleet building mission costs around 30million to build all the ships fully equipped, with mk1 stuff + mission requirements. The mission rewards 50+ million and sometimes some additional rewards, like L miner with cargo full of nvidium + exceptional shield mod ("free" component). If I'm not mistaken the split/terran ones actually only cost around half the reward money to be fully equipped with mk1 + mission requirements.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 14:23

chip56 wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 10:53
I already suggested in the past that they should change this mission to the X3 logic:
Client demands a specific ship and pays the VALUE of the delivered ship + a bit extra.
That way you would actually have a reason to deliver good ships. And as bonus you would not get the the "upps, i build a ship with mk3 thrusters and they only want mk2 so i cant finish the quest" moment.

If they really want to keep the "specific loadout" they could simply say client pays 100k extra if it has a travel drive, 50k extra for a massdriver gun and so on.
This method makes way more sense... so when I don't like HoP, but i want their money, but i make crappy ships, j don't earn much... but when I give ARG ships that are way way above spec, i get more cash.

Makes so much more sense...

Asby
x4

Post by Asby » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 14:44

Vilmu wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 14:10
@OP
You know you can fully equip those ships and there will still be profit in them? The bare minimum requirements for the missions are there so player has some say how the ships are equipped.
Stop being a greedy green lizard and fully equip them! or at the very least stop complaining about player freedom in a sandbox game.
Yes you right, but the freedom implies the opportunity to be being a greedy green lizard. In every sandbox there are rules and all I want the rules have become slightly smarter.
[LU] Mayhem 2.07
[ external image ]

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 15:08

Vilmu wrote:
@OP

For example the Argon fleet building mission costs around 30million to build all the ships fully equipped, with mk1 stuff + mission requirements. The mission rewards 50+ million and sometimes some additional rewards, like L miner with cargo full of nvidium + exceptional shield mod ("free" component). If I'm not mistaken the split/terran ones actually only cost around half the reward money to be fully equipped with mk1 + mission requirements.
yes you can over spec but why should you? outside maybe some role play reasons there is no point to it.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 15:28

They should ask for a specific template loadouts. When the mission is accepted the loadout is added to your template list and cannot be removed from the list until the mission ends. Being a template, this makes it a lot easier to order the required ship since you no longer need to have super short term memory, perform multiple checks or take a photo/screenshot of the mission requirements. The template would not auto delete itself after the mission ends so after doing one mission you can prepare ships in advance for the others. Ship modifications get listed as extra.

The template loadouts would be reasonably combat capable, in that they would have all weapon systems and shields equipped and some allocation of service crew. If the loadout is at all different from the template then it gets rejected. There could possibly be grace logic for if the player provides them with better elements, such as mk2 instead of mk1 but such logic could quickly become hard to maintain and will likely not be used by most players.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 15:36

ADMNtek wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 15:08
yes you can over spec but why should you? outside maybe some role play reasons there is no point to it.
If you are building ships for say the Argon, for the ARG V HoP war, and you actually want ARG to "win".... it behooves the player to build better ships. Much like defense stations, the NPC fsction doesn't vanish those fleets. Ive seen fleets I built, way over spec, still cruising around near contested sectors days after I built them. They are a little dinged up, mayne missing a ship or two... but they've been putting in some work somewhere.

So if you are building for a faction you want to get bigger, building better ships helps.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 18:41

The whole war preparations mission theme needs be to updated to make some sense actually. I have save games that are years old where I delivered multiple "fleets" (well if you can call them that) to the specified points in space where they still sit today. Motionless, with crews doing nothing but taking abuse from the occasional Kha'ak or Xenon ship passing by.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 19:29

The problem is not the ridiculously low equipment requirements.
It is factions' inability to use their own (or allied) Equipment Docks.
What prevents them from getting those ships up to their current military standards?
What forces them to send unequipped ships in suicidal "attacks"?
Bad AI.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 21:36

Vilmu wrote:
If Asby were Teladi, then we would not have this thread, just laughter from someone on their way to bank with the profitsss. :teladi:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Wraith_Magus
x3tc

Post by Wraith_Magus » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 07:55

My favorite was being asked for a Tokyo, an Osaka (SPECIFICALLY with a mk1 shield and 50 mines), 2 falxes, and 4 kukris, to be delivered to Company Regard on the opposite end of the map. I managed to watch the Tokyo bumble around a bit before being eaten by the first raider P it came across. Thanks for the 108 million credits, Terra!

Return to “X4: Foundations”