Faction relations with other factions can change?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

Faction relations with other factions can change?

Post by grapedog » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 09:48

Simple question, do factions also get penalized by other factions for destruction of ships or property. Or are faction relations not changed at all except through storylines?

jlehtone
x4

Re: Faction relations with other factions can change?

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 10:02

I bet it is only by storylines. Individuals can temporarily be angry (just like towards player), but I doubt the global rep will ever be touched. If it were, things could go ballistic (just like with player).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

chip56

Re: Faction relations with other factions can change?

Post by chip56 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 11:06

Pretty sure only temporary for single ships yes. Otherwise everyone would be at war with everyone.

Pretty sure something like this would happen for the AI too otherwise if it wasnt fixed:
In my current game i managed to trigger a war between myself and HOP over one ship that i destroyed during a PAR patrol mission. I was at 19 rep with both and wanted to get to 20 with one of them.
End result: destroyed ship was part of a fleet 3 sectors away. That fleet became hostile. Unfortunatly it was next to the Anti xenon defense station i build to ensure no xenon come in from faulty logic.
Fleet opened fire, station fired back and destroyed the ships. All other patrol ships of HOP in the sector become hostile too and attack the station. Station defends itself against those too and destroys them all. Dropping my rep down far enough that all HOP ships now fire at my ships anywhere in the world. Multiple small skirmishes start in other sectors and trigger the HOP to attack my traders moving through their sectors which in turn makes me send in my fleets.
And you know whats the worst part? PAR police decided to scan a destroyer in the northern PAR sectors that was defending them from the xenon there. That destroyer picked up some AGI inventory so the police decided to attack that destroyer and everything i have there. The results of 3 police S ships vs destroyers and a station with a few hundred beam turrets (and a mix of other types): a war against PAR too...
Imagine the Ai would really use the same logic against other AI factions: full out war.

Return to “X4: Foundations”