Station Mining Range Choice?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

Station Mining Range Choice?

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 00:08

Howdy Everyone,

I have a station mining ore in 18 Bil ... There is ore in that sector w/ 3 probes, but when I started the miners originally, they went to Trinity Sanctum III which meant I needed more miners due to the time lapse for travel. A few hours later they found the ore by those 3 resource probes all under advanced sats within 18 Bil, and the mining went much faster. The manager of my station recently achieved the 4th star, and now is sending the miners to Hewa's Twin I to mine. If it were Ore amount near the probe were the 1st choice, then I would think they would have gone to Grand Exchg IV originally to the 3.5 Ore resource probe there, but never have. So I thought I'd ask, what is the mechanic for the spot where the miners are sent to by a station manager? Seems to me that the ore in-sector is the quickest return as I was able to re-assign 2 miners when they all mined close to home, but now might have to assign them back due to distance mining again. The option on how far the miners travel is greyed out, I'm assuming because they are under station manager control?

Thanks,

=Baddieus=

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Station Mining Range Choice?

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 00:43

You can't control how far your ships will mine, as this is ruled by the manager.
You can restrict where the ships will mine via blacklists, though.

-Create a new blacklist
-Set it for sector activity
-Restrict all sector
-Whitelist the sector(s) you want your miners to be allowed to mine. In your case, 18 billions, and maybe it's direct neighbours.
-Assign the whitelist to the station.

Problem is I think it will also affect the station's traders. But then you can simply expand the whitelist again, with trading in mind.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

SunGod1
x4

Re: Station Mining Range Choice?

Post by SunGod1 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 01:03

There should be a check box for distance vs density IMHO.
So they would happly mine a closer less dense field...
I think that is what is happening. They will go 5 sectors to a mine high density field when they should stay in sector and mine a medium or low density field if that is what the player wants.
Travel Drive Charge Time is absolutely @player_frustration +1

Return to “X4: Foundations”