Data Vaults question

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tarsis
x4

Data Vaults question

Post by Tarsis » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:10

Does any one know if there is an easy/simple way to know if you've already done a Data Vault you just flew by?

I don't understand how the Data Vault icon on the map is supposed to work, some times they disappear but some times not, some times they are grey but some times blue.

I once flew by a Data Vault I wasn't sure if I had done it (all doors were closed and there were red items to be repaired). I proceeded to do the entire thing but there was nothing to loot and the last compartment where the signal leak should've been was empty.

It would be nice if they didn't reset once you finish them.

slober
x4

Re: Data Vaults question

Post by slober » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:36

You can use NavBeacon. If you done just set one next to the object

Tarsis
x4

Post by Tarsis » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:18

slober wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:36
I started doing that now, but there are some I don't have the beacon because I didn't think they would reset. It makes no sense to me that they reset once you're done with them.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 16:02

Tarsis wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:18
slober wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:36
I started doing that now, but there are some I don't have the beacon because I didn't think they would reset. It makes no sense to me that they reset once you're done with them.
Not a problem, you will do everything correct on your next game start. :)
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 21:18

Did Vaults have loot container? Was it detectable by scanner? Did you collect that lollipop during your visit? Would lack of container be a sign of visit?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 21:39

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 21:18
Did Vaults have loot container? Was it detectable by scanner? Did you collect that lollipop during your visit? Would lack of container be a sign of visit?
The existence of loot container is only half of the way. The Data Vaults will continue to "ping" until the player has got both the container and the data. Taking the data will result in the "Find all Data Vaults" mission initiated once you do one after you meet with the Boron (regardless if you already have the PHQ or just started the quest).
IMHO the player should decide if he/she is going to get loot boxes, or Data Lines or both and place a Nav Beacon next to each Data Vault done naming them from 01 to 28 DV or Data Vault so they'll appear top of the list.
Another issue is that after V4.00 the missions asks for 29 Data Vaults but there are still only 28 Story Lines!!! Don't know if and where this 29th is, posted about it 2 times so far, no official answer either here, or in support or spoilers section...

jmrc
x4

Post by jmrc » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 16:48

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 21:39
Another issue is that after V4.00 the missions asks for 29 Data Vaults but there are still only 28 Story Lines!!! Don't know if and where this 29th is, posted about it 2 times so far, no official answer either here, or in support or spoilers section...
Did you see this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=437508

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 17:25

Each data vault should unlock a timeline entry in the encyclopedia.

You can refer to this thread (spoiler alert) to know, from the timeline entry, which data vault you have/haven't opened, and their rough location
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 03:41

The 29th data vault is currently bugged and will not complete the mission when scanned.

Return to “X4: Foundations”