Does HAT actually even have their own ships/fleet?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chip56

Re: Does HAT actually even have their own ships/fleet?

Post by chip56 » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 22:35

Midnitewolf wrote:
Thu, 29. Apr 21, 20:29
Recycle Ships and Stations. I think it is only available on Nexus. It lets you sell stations to NPC factions. It also lets you scrap a station you might no longer be using and get some of the value back out of it. You can also recycle ships for a change to get the blueprint for the ship and/or its equipped items. I tend to use the sell stations option quite a bit and use it to help out other factions being overrun by Xenon. Basically I build a gate defense platform and then "Sell" it to the NPC faction that controls that sector. I technically don't have to sell it and could keep control but for roleplay reasons I sell them and let the NPC's fate he in their own hands. They can maintain, repair and protect the defense platform or not, it is completely up to them.
Thanks, gonna give that mod a try :)

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Sat, 1. May 21, 23:22

HAT is my favorite faction.
I "gave them " a lot of ships after the mission
And they went to town with them !!
Very cool indeed.
So did the ALI as well
(Buy from the BAD, sell to the GOOD ) :roll: :roll: :roll:

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 3. May 21, 00:05

grapedog wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 08:09
Maybe i am in the minority, but i like being able to choose which factions fight, or don't fight. I wish there were more options to setup who you want warring though. But overall im ok with the current options.
I often end up editing my save games to change relations to match where my game is. Last one had alliance of convenience between Terrans and Paranid, which grew to them owning most of the universe. It would be awesome to have more official way to change or nudge relations. (stories work well, but it's bit limited) Like, imagine how fun would it be to role-play PIO's revolution when they realize TER are sabotaging the research, etc.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Mon, 3. May 21, 08:21

role-play PIO's revolution when they realize TER are sabotaging the research
Great idea !

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Mon, 3. May 21, 21:34

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 00:05
grapedog wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 08:09
Maybe i am in the minority, but i like being able to choose which factions fight, or don't fight. I wish there were more options to setup who you want warring though. But overall im ok with the current options.
I often end up editing my save games to change relations to match where my game is. Last one had alliance of convenience between Terrans and Paranid, which grew to them owning most of the universe. It would be awesome to have more official way to change or nudge relations. (stories work well, but it's bit limited) Like, imagine how fun would it be to role-play PIO's revolution when they realize TER are sabotaging the research, etc.
I agree 100%. I really hate having to "Cheat" to actually have a fun run through. II keep saying that if they would just add a few more thing to their game, they would have the ultimate space empire building game. Right not it is just missing a few elements that would make it into full 4x game except in this 4x game you would have the ability to ump into a fighter or take command of a fleet from the bridge in first person. It would be the only game of its kind and give rise to its one genre....if only they would take those few extra steps to add in Diplomacy and meaningful territory control. So, SO close to perfect and yet so far away at the same time.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Mon, 3. May 21, 23:28

I saved old game and started new, gave HAT miners, freighters and builders at the very start.
Maybe I'm wrong and they are in different locations but It seems to me they a built a few more new factories

Return to “X4: Foundations”