So, About That Scale Plate Green Terraforming...

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MHDriver
x4

So, About That Scale Plate Green Terraforming...

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 02:49

So when doing this Terraforming mission in Scale Plate Green the SCA will com you and tell you that they are going to leave you alone while you conduct your terraforming. They even set you to +10 rep. Problem is the scripts that control the SCA ships around the sectors don't give a crap about your +10 rep and continue to attack your trade ships. Doesn't take long before you are back to -5 or lower after a few ships defend themselves. Kind of a poor design follow through in my view tbh defeats the published reward of less pirate activity for doing the mission.

Raptor34
x4

Re: So, About That Scale Plate Green Terraforming...

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 06:58

Sounds more like a bug tbh.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 13:24

fixed. thanks for the report.

could you provide a save that could be tested with?

edit: removed "and the save." sorry, muscle memory.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 16:45

j.harshaw wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 13:24
fixed. thanks for the report and the save.

Sorry I have since modded that save game so I am unable to provide a vanilla save with that terraforming mission progress.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 16:49

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 06:58
Maybe, or maybe not..

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 22:47

MHDriver wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 16:49
Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 06:58
Maybe, or maybe not..
I hope it is a bug or I'll be really disappointed. I'm set up big in Company Regard, and I have only let Xenon keep the 4 SPG and Turquoise Sea zones for the sole purpose of pilot combat training for my gate guards.

I was going to take SPG to Terraform it so I could hopefully quit getting attacked by Scale Plate. If it doesn't neutralize them entirely, I see no reason to terraform that sector at all, since I'll be letting it fall back to Xenon control afterwards.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 23:05

j.harshaw wrote:

What's to be fixed? The SCA Terraforming unlocks SCA rep After that what a player should do with (or about) them is in the player's hands.
They can drive them to -30 so their Station defences and patrols will be tearing them apart on sight, or work with them to achieve +30 and have total immunity, ability to sell them hacking tools and profitable missions. Of course, since it is a Real Time Simulation it will take some time for the rep to be updated to all ships throughout the Universe...
That said, there is always the "Escape" option in "Pirate Harassment" in "Global Orders" which is the first sane thing for anybody to do when starting a new game (imho), along with unchecking the "Report" so that the trader will have time to actually escape instead of waiting for player input (not even mentioning player's annoyance here)

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 23:14

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 23:05
j.harshaw wrote:

What's to be fixed?
Them continuing to initiate hostilities with you after rep was improved is a bug and has been fixed. You are, of course, welcome to continue harassing them and drive down relations. They'll happily resume plundering your ships and stations if you do so. And correct, with the current public build, if you manage to avoid hostilities long enough to improve relations with them further after relations are unlocked, they should eventually leave you alone

I could use a save or two from the wild to test with, though.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 23:23

j.harshaw wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 23:14

Sorry... have quitted vanilla playing about 3 days after the release of CoH... not worth it...

EDIT: If you edit the savegame though, changing the "locked" status on and off for any faction, the game just deletes all your assets (except the ship you are on) and all your pending missions (even the "important" ones)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 04:00

j.harshaw wrote:
dtpsprt wrote:
j.harshaw wrote:

What's to be fixed?
Them continuing to initiate hostilities with you after rep was improved is a bug and has been fixed. You are, of course, welcome to continue harassing them and drive down relations. They'll happily resume plundering your ships and stations if you do so. And correct, with the current public build, if you manage to avoid hostilities long enough to improve relations with them further after relations are unlocked, they should eventually leave you alone

I played the SCA SPG Terraforming plot during Beta, did not finish it, so I don't know if that would be helpful. I restarted when 4.0 came out.

Here is the last Beta save game. Hope it helps.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 07:26

j.harshaw wrote:
dtpsprt wrote:
j.harshaw wrote:

What's to be fixed?

From what I'm hearing doesn't the full terraforming chain push them to 20 or 25? When exactly do they stop harassing you?
Is it the same technically for FAF even though you cannot improve rep with them?

CaptJimBob
x4

Post by CaptJimBob » Fri, 7. May 21, 23:16

Well, not sure about that bug being fixed. Running a vanilla version and May 3rd after the first round of terraforming I was rep 10 with the SCA, and even accepted the rank from them. Some 30 minutes later, a Phoenix iirc, destroyed a small ship hence it was definitely now hostile, where my patrols took matters into their own hand and after the dust settled I was at -8 and it went downhill after that. I figure the only way to maintain rep with the SCA if that was their attitude 1) I would have to spend a large portion of my game being their slave doing all the odd jobs they had to send my way or 2) all out war.

Also sorry I don't have a saved game for you to look at since I said the heck with terraforming and reloaded a save from before I started terraforming and moved on.

But what I will add, I did not see the initial attack so it may have been the SCA ship was already showing as hostile and that triggered the small ship to fire first.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 7. May 21, 23:47

CaptJimBob wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 23:16
Well, not sure about that bug being fixed.
Fix isn't out yet. My post was dated the 12th of April and the last update on the changelog in patch public was on the 1st of that month.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 7. May 21, 23:52

j.harshaw wrote:
Them continuing to initiate hostilities with you after rep was improved is a bug and has been fixed.
Hi j.harshaw, for all those mods that somehow work with SCA, can you tell us what is the new behavior in next patch? Will plunder and raider jobs now ignore your ships and stations if you have positive rep with SCA? And if yes, what is the threshold?

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Sat, 8. May 21, 00:05

has to be above 0.01 (not at). plunder ignores ships and stations above that relation threshold, unless they're shot first, of course.

CaptJimBob
x4

Post by CaptJimBob » Sat, 8. May 21, 04:53

j.harshaw wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 23:47
CaptJimBob wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 23:16
Well, not sure about that bug being fixed.
Fix isn't out yet. My post was dated the 12th of April and the last update on the changelog in patch public was on the 1st of that month.
Thanks, will wait until then before doing that mission.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Tue, 11. May 21, 23:11

If you're itching to get this done and can't wait for the fix, it might be good to just set global orders to comply with piracy and double check your fire control overrides. If you're operating at a scale where you're capable of getting the scale plate green terraforming job done then you're not going to miss a few trucks worth of wares being dropped for pirates here and there especially weighed against the prospect of setting yourself back against the larger goal you're working towards.

Return to “X4: Foundations”