Some questions about construction ships.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fenris321
x4

Some questions about construction ships.

Post by Fenris321 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 19:17

1) Do more building drones help it to build faster?

2) I know with mining and repair, more service crew make things go faster. Does having more service crew on a construction ship help the ship build faster or just do repairs?

3) Do higher skilled pilots do anything for a construction ship? Most specifically, construction time for modules the ship is building?

Thanks,

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Some questions about construction ships.

Post by euclid » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 19:27

Fenris321 wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 19:17
Yes, although I'm not sure what the cap is but I've max'd out the number of drones on the station and on the construction ship.
2) I know with mining and repair, more service crew make things go faster. Does having more service crew on a construction ship help the ship build faster or just do repairs?
They do accelerate the building process, in particular if their skill rank is high.
3) Do higher skilled pilots do anything for a construction ship? Most specifically, construction time for modules the ship is building?
The skills of a crew are taken as an average of the sum of each individual skill. So I would expect that the pilot skill will contribute.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 19:30

euclid wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 19:27
Fenris321 wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 19:17
Yes, although I'm not sure what the cap is but I've max'd out the number of drones on the station and on the construction ship.
They do accelerate the building process, in particular if their skill rank is high.
The skills of a crew are taken as an average of the sum of each individual skill. So I would expect that the pilot skill will contribute.

Cheers Euclid
Sweet, thanks!

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 19:51

Cap is 30 drones iirc. But throw more on in case of losses.
Incidentally service crew levels up their engineering on it really fast when building.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 19:55

Yeap cap is 30. So if you hire ships you should pick those that have more than 30 whenever possible.

Return to “X4: Foundations”