[Bug]Ship blinks

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zergline117s
x4

[Bug]Ship blinks

Post by zergline117s » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 01:28

Frequently see NPC's ship blinks on both OOS and IS. This ship appears at two nearby locations and blinks. Click and select this ship would show two selected cross marks. Even on IS, this ship would be the phantom, I drive my ship hit it and I just drive through it. After few minutes, the ship becomes normal again.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Bug]Ship blinks

Post by CBJ » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 02:01

We're aware of reports of this, but there it's very difficult to reproduce. I'm aware of one report with a savegame that demonstrates it, but if you have another then it would help us to determine whether it was the same case or not.

zergline117s
x4

Post by zergline117s » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 05:39

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 02:01
We're aware of reports of this, but there it's very difficult to reproduce. I'm aware of one report with a savegame that demonstrates it, but if you have another then it would help us to determine whether it was the same case or not.
How to report my save game?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 10:21

See the sticky thread at the top of the Tech Support forum, which is also where you should make the report. :)

zergline117s
x4

Post by zergline117s » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 00:00

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 02:01
OK, I found that I can't reproduce this bug too. I am trying to upload my save to a file share platform.
I see the ship blinks, so I save the game. But after I load the game found out this ship becomes normal. Is my save useless to find out this bug?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 00:06

Unfortunately it won't help us if we can't see it blinking, but you don't have to make the save while it's happening. If you can make a save before it starts blinking and provide steps from there to make it happen reliably then that is sufficient.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 00:24

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 00:06
Unfortunately it won't help us if we can't see it blinking, but you don't have to make the save while it's happening. If you can make a save before it starts blinking and provide steps from there to make it happen reliably then that is sufficient.
I see ships blinking on the map at my mining outposts. There seems to be a duplicate icon which I cannot select. Is that the issue? I can provide a save where it already happens. You could probably observe and see it happening again as miners come and dock.

Edit: Here is a link to the save. It happens at the Mining Outposts in Matrix #9 and #451. Haven't observed it on the other stations. In my game it seems to only happen at stations that use the hexa dock since i haven't seen this at my mining outposts in Asteroid Belt.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JCbcPK ... sp=sharing

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 02:31

rene6740 wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 00:24
CBJ wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 00:06
I see ships blinking on the map at my mining outposts. There seems to be a duplicate icon which I cannot select. Is that the issue? I can provide a save where it already happens. You could probably observe and see it happening again as miners come and dock.

Edit: Here is a link to the save. It happens at the Mining Outposts in Matrix #9 and #451. Haven't observed it on the other stations. In my game it seems to only happen at stations that use the hexa dock since i haven't seen this at my mining outposts in Asteroid Belt.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JCbcPK ... sp=sharing
I've actually noticed it at all my stations at one time or another. For me I usually notice when they are pulling into any of the 3 Dock E Piers, regardless of which faction blueprint it was made from. So I don't believe it is cause by a certain type of dock since we both noticed it on different docks. But I can confirm, for myself anyway, that it only seems to happen when a ship is going to dock. But now I'm wondering if it also happens at NPC docks. I usually don't pay much attention to NPC stations once I mark them for traders.

But I play modded, so didn't bother reporting it since a save file would do no good.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 22:43

One observation I have of a situation that makes this fairly predictable is as follows (4.00 HF3 COH vanilla):

Have a player station with a 3 dock T pier and no other capital piers. If there are already 2 player capital ships docked at the left and right piers and then a third capital goes to dock to trade at the centre pier then it will usually start the blinking routine just outside the pier and does not immediately dock and trade.

If you order either of the left or right pier ships to undock, the one in the centre immediately stops blinking and then docks and trades normally. You can even have the undocked ship now redock at its prior left or right pier without issues.

I suspect this might also apply to E docks and other multi-pier docks in some way but I have not been able to test that yet.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Raylak

Post by Raylak » Wed, 1. Sep 21, 01:16

I have this happening on Terran 1 docks at two of my stations, only when I'm OOS. Teleporting to the station fixes the bug and the ship continues its routine as usual. If I remain OOS the ship is stuck on the dock seemingly indefinitely, and as those stations only had 1 capital dock, disabling the station and all the capitals trying to trade with it. Since then I've added another dock to them and I just experienced it on both docks on one of the stations at the same time. Essentially I have to be in this sector or my stations will 'crash'.

It doesn't happen to every ship that comes by but it happens consistently to two stations of my 4 in this cluster. My assumption is it's related to the two stations having the issue being on the right side of a square of nearby stations, with the docks all on the left side of the stations. I suspect if I place another two stations to their right, they'll also have the issue.

Return to “X4: Foundations”