Question. How to set up resource trading station properly?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stroichik
x4

Question. How to set up resource trading station properly?

Post by Stroichik » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 20:50

I built a station in gas rich sector and i want to mine that gas and sell it to NPC. I got gas selling ships ready and they work properly, they buy from my station and sell properly to NPC stations.

BUT

When i create buy and sell offers they use same value for stock. Meaning if i have 100k storage capacity, and i want to sell anything above 50k of stocked gas, my buy offer gets locked at 50k as well, so my station manager wont buy gas from his subordinate miners to keep stock above 50k so that station could have sale offer for gas.
So how do i keep things working properly without manually removing sell offers to get storage filled, and then making sale offers to get stored gas sold?

Why buy offer and sale offer are locked to each other that way? Can buy offer be unlocked so i could tell manager to keep buy gas from my own miners as long as there is storage AND at same time sale any gas that is above certain storage amount? Currently its not working properly i think.

Raptor34
x4

Re: Question. How to set up resource trading station properly?

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 20:58

Personally I just don't worry about stock. It makes money regardless.
Unless you're trying to store some for some reason.

Stroichik
x4

Post by Stroichik » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 22:03

No it wont make any profit, because if i set to sell anything above 50k, manager wont buy resources above 50k, so there wont be anything to sell. Thats the problem. Buy amount must be unlocked to set above sell amount, so that manager could buy from his subordinates and sell to NPC or to my ships that set to trade gas. Basically, i cant buy and sale at same time from same station.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 06:47

That's because you are trying to fiddle with it too much. Since you're already mining it means its basically free along with what little the NPCs sell to you.
Personally I just create buy/sell orders and not touch anything else.

Stroichik
x4

Post by Stroichik » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 16:07

Thats the thing i cannot buy above sell limit. And if my stock do no exceed sell limit, nothing will be sold.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 17:12

Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 06:47
That's because you are trying to fiddle with it too much. Since you're already mining it means its basically free along with what little the NPCs sell to you.
Personally I just create buy/sell orders and not touch anything else.
I do the same, though i put the buy price to absolute loweat, because i can almost always get a higjer price than the minimum.

I actually created a small guide on how to setup a very basic resource trading post. I have a link in my sig.

Im in the process of removing all my ftee miners(sector amd auto), and moving them to trading posts. I think they woek so much better.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 06:14

This sounds like the bug I reported here: viewtopic.php?f=192&t=435967&p=5030225#p5030225
I thought they fixed it, but idk suddenly auto buy and sell amount started working. Also not sure if NPCs will actually buy raw materials from stations, I think you have to set up traders to facilitate that.

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 02:52

You cant.

Return to “X4: Foundations”