Terraforming questions - training academy, refineries

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Terraforming questions - training academy, refineries

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 09:53

Do I have to build habitats on HQ?
Or will there be a space to drop my trainees without habitats?

What does tournament do? I assume it provides you with high skill NPC out of thin air but with price margin?

Is there actually any difference between cheap refineries and clean refineries? other than price?

Description say that cheap can be polluting - but there is no "danger tag" in the description (e.g. other such items display what could be the negative effect in item description).

Raptor34
x4

Re: Terraforming questions - training academy, refineries

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 10:17

I'm curious too, though couldn't be bothered to ask myself.
But anyway, keep in mind that certain gas related projects have a hidden pressure stat that they don't show until its probably too late. Because you cannot fix that for some reason.

SunGod1
x4

Post by SunGod1 » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 14:27

It looks like you can train combat troops and stuff.. I have no Idea but the costs are so high... what is the point when you are that far into the game?
Travel Drive Charge Time is absolutely @player_frustration +1

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 15:47

SunGod1 wrote:
Wed, 7. Apr 21, 14:27
It looks like you can train combat troops and stuff.. I have no Idea but the costs are so high... what is the point when you are that far into the game?
Have you tried training them normally?

SunGod1
x4

Post by SunGod1 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 07:28

I seldom board ships at this point... but I am going to see what this training stuff is all about.. I could use more 4 star captains.
Travel Drive Charge Time is absolutely @player_frustration +1

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sat, 15. May 21, 08:39

Cheap refineries are as described, they will pollute the air. Not sure if it's dependent on other criteria or a chance of happening but it happened when I tried.
It opens other projects to correct the issue.

As for the training, it can be an easy way to get high skill employees if you have the resources to actually build the structures and run the required projects.

From what I see, you only need the PHQ, 4th level of teleportation researched and wharf blueprint to access the terraforming projects.
From there, you only need to do bubble city and then either aerial maze or martial arts school.
Make sure you pick an "easy" terraforming site (no effect incompatible with the training projects, otherwise you need other terraforming projects to change conditions and costs rise sharply).

It is still an end game project but I found the martial arts school useful to build an elite marines team to board those FAF Rattlesnake and not need 3 attempts with 90 rookie marines each to capture one ship.

I can see the Aerial maze as useful if you are trying to build an elite fleet to conquer sectors but I haven't tried it myself.

I believe the main hurdle as of 4.00 HF3 is you can't bulk assign trainees to a group which makes training 50+ employees quite tedious.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Return to “X4: Foundations”