Station Planning Frustrations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jeraal
x4

Re: Station Planning Frustrations

Post by Jeraal » Tue, 4. May 21, 13:56

Maybe they could reduce the snap range. Make it so it has to be a little closer to the attachment point before it actually snaps into place. In my no programming expertise view, That should be an easy change compared to rewriting the entire process. Would relieve some of the frustration at least.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Tue, 4. May 21, 21:10

All I know is that when I build a station, sometimes fps drops down to like 2. Lol

thijso

Post by thijso » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 10:42

MHDriver wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 17:31
lol, yep the most aggravating 3D builder I have ever seen. Forget about it if you build something complicated and you spend 25 minutes trying to get each model to stop snapping to everything other than what you intend or extending completely off the grid.
Unearthing an old thread, but I think in this case it is justified, as a lot (most?) of what is in this thread is still a problem. This above, times a million.

Have the devs ever tried building stations in their own game? I doubt it, or if they do, not a lot. The planner is *SO* frustrating to work with. Just a little attention to improve the UI of it would be great.

For example, why is the camera not completely free? Why does movement get impaired if you zoom in? There is no logical reason for it to move 1/1000th of a pixel when I'm zoomed in. That just hinders me. I need to swipe 10 times to just move a tiny little bit. Why?

Anyway, like someone else mentioned in this thread, sometimes I feel a little the same:
Used to be, I play a game to chill out after work. Now, I go to work to chill out after 'playing' this game.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 16:22

Station planning is really janky. In the next update, please

Can you reduce or add an option to remove station module transparency?
When you add new station modules to an existing station, it is very hard to see the newer modules, because they are nearly invisible to the existing modules, that have their normal textures displayed in the station planner. This also applies to bigger "not-yet-built" stations too.

and

Can you tweak the module-snapping distance in the station planner?
For example if you copy a module or sequence, they immediately snap to every other connection, that you don't want or even appear far outside the plot. This happens with normal sized stations too. Let the copied segments modules appear close to the original and make them less jittering.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 18:10

thijso wrote:
Sun, 2. Oct 22, 10:42
Anyway, like someone else mentioned in this thread, sometimes I feel a little the same:...
Nearly a year and a half ago, and for a different game version. No need to dredge up old comments.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations”