Ego soft needs to fix mining and khaak fast.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zxmagus

Ego soft needs to fix mining and khaak fast.

Post by zxmagus » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 08:43

As i said in the the title they need to fix mining and khaak fast because in it's current state it's killing my enjoyment of the game. I have a fair amount of miners but now in two systems i have khaak spawn on my ships every 2 to 3 minuets and the amount of micro it takes to manage that is just frustrating ,nothing about it is fun. It might be doable if the patrol command did something useful or it caused your fleets to engage attackers in a timely manner but sadly it does not.

The whole system is stupid that it just spawns ships ontop of your ships, with out giving you a clue of where the nest is or whats going on it's just pointless wackamole.

grapedog
x4

Re: Ego soft needs to fix mining and khaak fast.

Post by grapedog » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 08:49

If the kha'ak are spawning that quickly, the cluster has probably been festering for a while. Best advice is to go find it, get a fast ship, scout the sector including the far reaches, amd take it out.

krlc
x4

Post by krlc » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 08:54

I just put 30 M ships to mimic patrol command, they spread out around the sector and can solo KHA spawns. Didn't lose a miner in hours in 100% my sector with kha installation constantly respawning.
Don't see the problem.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 09:12

krlc wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 08:54
I just put 30 M ships to mimic patrol command, they spread out around the sector and can solo KHA spawns. Didn't lose a miner in hours in 100% my sector with kha installation constantly respawning.
Don't see the problem.
That's an interesting idea. I note that when putting them as a normal fleet they clump together.
So using mimics work? They all spread out more or less? What M ships? Corvettes or Frigates or does it not matter?

krlc
x4

Post by krlc » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 09:28

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 09:12
So using mimics work? They all spread out more or less? What M ships? Corvettes or Frigates or does it not matter?
I use Katana because it's fast and has good firepower. Just put one on patrol behavior and the rest on mimic and they won't stay together, maybe at first they will fly in same direction, but after a while RNG will make them spread out.
Whenever I noticed some KHA spawn there was 1-3 ships already flying towards them to attack.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 09:30

krlc wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 09:28
Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 09:12
I use Katana because it's fast and has good firepower. Just put one on patrol behavior and the rest on mimic and they won't stay together, maybe at first they will fly in same direction, but after a while RNG will make them spread out.
Whenever I noticed some KHA spawn there was 1-3 ships already flying towards them to attack.
Very nice. Thanks.
While I've only lost one miner so far, all their fleeing is probably not helping my silicon problem.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 10:14

I just use L miners & ignore the Khaak. There's absolutely nothing they can do to such ships. Even the miners with just a single L class shield generator have a higher shield regen than the damage output of Khaak weapons.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 14:36

krlc wrote:
Don't see the problem.
I don't have 30 M ships.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 14:37

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 10:14
I just use L miners & ignore the Khaak. There's absolutely nothing they can do to such ships. Even the miners with just a single L class shield generator have a higher shield regen than the damage output of Khaak weapons.
Doesn't the attack interrupt them. As do police? My logbooks are full of such entries and Asteroid Belt littered with "Waiting for signal" bubbles.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 14:41

OP, the tools are there for you to handle it.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:07

paraskous wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 14:37
GCU Grey Area wrote:
Doesn't the attack interrupt them. As do police? My logbooks are full of such entries and Asteroid Belt littered with "Waiting for signal" bubbles.
Does setting their default orders help?

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:14

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:07
paraskous wrote:
GCU Grey Area wrote:
Doesn't seem to. I switched to comply. And they still wait for signal when police comes. I also suspect they sometimes collide with debris which might trigger attack? In any case the sector is riddled with wait for signals and now the Khaak also showed up.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:30

paraskous wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:14
Raptor34 wrote:
paraskous wrote:

Doesn't seem to. I switched to comply. And they still wait for signal when police comes. I also suspect they sometimes collide with debris which might trigger attack? In any case the sector is riddled with wait for signals and now the Khaak also showed up.
Wait for signal is comply. They are waiting for police scan.
I mean setting them to ignore attacks.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:31

paraskous wrote:
Doesn't the attack interrupt them.
Doesn't seem to. Was curious about that myself, so watched a few of mine while they were mining in a sector absolutely infested with Khaak:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhxrwbgxgpbcl ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Periodically checked ship info for several while they were under attack & saw the amount of stuff they had in their cargo holds increase while I was watching.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:39

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:30
paraskous wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 15:14
Raptor34 wrote:

Wait for signal is comply. They are waiting for police scan.
I mean setting them to ignore attacks.
Could do that for the L miners I guess. Transitioning to complete L mining anyway.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 17:43

paraskous wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 14:36
krlc wrote:
Don't see the problem.
I don't have 30 M ships.
Yeah this is the problem. When your starting out, your entire resources are devoted to getting those 2-3 miners bringing in income so you can expand. There is no way in hell you have to necessary resources to have 30 M ships providing cover for 3 or 4 miners. Hell even late game, in most sectors I don't even have 30 miners working, usually just 4-5 for faction gain or maybe 15 or so near my main production center.

What is needed is the ability for your patrols to actually "React" to distress calls and come flying from across the system to help out the ship in distress. That way depending on what your facing, 2-3 M ships might be able to cover the entire sector.

One things I will say is that even without a "Reaction" having a patrol in the sector does help. I managed to cap a couple SCA Destroyers and Corvettes and have the running patrol and the frequency of attacks is much less.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:44

Midnitewolf wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 17:43
paraskous wrote:
krlc wrote:
Don't see the problem.
I don't have 30 M ships.
Yeah this is the problem. When your starting out, your entire resources are devoted to getting those 2-3 miners bringing in income so you can expand. There is no way in hell you have to necessary resources to have 30 M ships providing cover for 3 or 4 miners. Hell even late game, in most sectors I don't even have 30 miners working, usually just 4-5 for faction gain or maybe 15 or so near my main production center.

What is needed is the ability for your patrols to actually "React" to distress calls and come flying from across the system to help out the ship in distress. That way depending on what your facing, 2-3 M ships might be able to cover the entire sector.

One things I will say is that even without a "Reaction" having a patrol in the sector does help. I managed to cap a couple SCA Destroyers and Corvettes and have the running patrol and the frequency of attacks is much less.
30 miners is ludicrous. In past playthroughs 4 L Miners were like super-high investment. Now they're like M miners - peanuts employed en masse. I have 3 comutronics, 3 lattice and 3 SiC productions. I'm pretty sure the amount of miners I now employ have never been so many in any former playthrough. And I had more factories then too.
Yes, the Terran economy is different - I get it, but the 10 L miners aren't still enough to feed the materials. The gas seemed to work fine but I added one of the big eaters last and my Hydrogen really got out of hand. Bolo gas seemed to be able to handle.
The manager leveled successfully but ultimately it was the stations doom when he sent the miners across half the map.
I'm sinking millions into the miners - now I finally made the wharf and noone is buying. And I also hear they all need the cash in station present to be able to deliver which is outright silly. If I had that cash I wouldn't have bought miners in the first place, but I doubt the NPC can support the demands neither.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:47

paraskous wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:44
I'm sinking millions into the miners - now I finally made the wharf and noone is buying. And I also hear they all need the cash in station present to be able to deliver which is outright silly. If I had that cash I wouldn't have bought miners in the first place, but I doubt the NPC can support the demands neither.
I don't think the Terrans have bought a single ship from me since I built my wharf. The Terran economy is so self-sufficient that it only seems to exist for flooding their market with protein paste and MREs.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:51

Matthew94 wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:47
The Terran economy is so self-sufficient that it only seems to exist for flooding their market with protein paste and MREs.
Perfect copy of X³ - Egosoft fullfilled yet another community wish. Go Team! Image

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 19:02

Midnitewolf wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 17:43
paraskous wrote:
krlc wrote:
Don't see the problem.
I don't have 30 M ships.

When you're starting out you really shouldn't be having problems with Khaak in the first place. Iirc they only really started getting out of hand when I flooded Segaris with hundreds of M miners and probably 20-30 Ls.
With that said I do agree we need a simpler, more automated policing system. Even if we have to tie it to an admin center or something. Isn't that kinda how the distress beacons for NPCs work? They call for help to the local Defense Stations.

Return to “X4: Foundations”