cant dock to geometric Owl

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jakotheshadows
x4

Re: cant dock to geometric Owl

Post by jakotheshadows » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:23

Initially I tried pushing it out with a behemoth with paranid shields for the mad recharge, and while that behemoth can totally just chill in there for an infinite amount of time, the owl just passes right through its geometry when you try to push with the behemoth. I switched to a cobra and was able to push it, but I had to go REALLY slow, (like 14 m/s) and use an asteroid behind me as a reference point to see that I was making any progress at all. It took a solid 30-45 minutes to push the owl out far enough to use a space suit using this method. It was not fun. This has to be a bug.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 07:55

See the dev reply from this thread :
izalith wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:16
After you finished scanning the Nav Beacons and placed some inside the hazardous Zone, the ship will tell you "Target aquired" and fly in the direction of the Nav Beacon. The recognised Nav Beacon will have electric discharges and lose health.

If you got the objective to dock at the ship already, it should have left the hazardous region and be in safe space. You should be able to park in front of it (as it was flying out of the hazardous region) and be safe to space walk over.

If your objective is to dock and the ship is still inside the hazardous region killing you when you try it, that is a bug and I'd like a save file to look into that.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 15:40

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 07:55
See the dev reply from this thread :
izalith wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:16
After you finished scanning the Nav Beacons and placed some inside the hazardous Zone, the ship will tell you "Target aquired" and fly in the direction of the Nav Beacon. The recognised Nav Beacon will have electric discharges and lose health.

If you got the objective to dock at the ship already, it should have left the hazardous region and be in safe space. You should be able to park in front of it (as it was flying out of the hazardous region) and be safe to space walk over.

If your objective is to dock and the ship is still inside the hazardous region killing you when you try it, that is a bug and I'd like a save file to look into that.
Yep, that is the bug I'm experiencing and I already posted my save earlier in the thread.

Sauerlandbub
x4

Post by Sauerlandbub » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 22:40

Thank you for tip, had to bump the owl out with an Odysseus too.

Yinepuhotep
x4

Post by Yinepuhotep » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 21:46

I'm having a similar problem, I think.
1. Can't dock.
2. Can't dock with spacesuit.
3. Can't find anything to repair, and ship shows 100%
4. Any attempt to bump it, from Nodan to Stork, passes through the geometry with a lot of shaking - and that is moving at 4-5 m/s

As of now, I've about given up on this mission, since there's no way to get into the ship, or to move it to a safe zone.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 21:51

@ Yinepuhotep: That sounds as though your loaded Owl's ship model is corrupt or incomplete. Try verifying your game installation and, if that doesn't help, maybe try going back a save or two to before you discovered it. Is your game modded or save-edited?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

korvyr
x4

Post by korvyr » Sun, 4. Dec 22, 02:04

I just ran into this same issue. No mods. Ended up not only having to bump it away from the hazardous region, but also having to shoot it with my personal blaster while in my spacesuit until it added some additional hull damage so I could then repair it again, which finally triggered allowing me to dock.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 4. Dec 22, 10:39

That's fine, but digging up a thread that's 18 months (and several versions) old is not particularly helpful. Whatever is causing any problems you are having is quite likely to be different to anything that was happening back then.

What would be much more helpful would be if you could post in Tech Support with all the information requested at the top of that forum along with a savegame made at the point when you were having the problem. That way we could take a look at what was happening in your specific case and try and work out whether it is indeed a problem and, if it is, fix it. I'm guessing you might not have such a save, though, if you've worked past that point.

Return to “X4: Foundations”