cant dock to geometric Owl

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: cant dock to geometric Owl

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 21:51

@ Yinepuhotep: That sounds as though your loaded Owl's ship model is corrupt or incomplete. Try verifying your game installation and, if that doesn't help, maybe try going back a save or two to before you discovered it. Is your game modded or save-edited?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

korvyr
x4

Post by korvyr » Sun, 4. Dec 22, 02:04

I just ran into this same issue. No mods. Ended up not only having to bump it away from the hazardous region, but also having to shoot it with my personal blaster while in my spacesuit until it added some additional hull damage so I could then repair it again, which finally triggered allowing me to dock.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 4. Dec 22, 10:39

That's fine, but digging up a thread that's 18 months (and several versions) old is not particularly helpful. Whatever is causing any problems you are having is quite likely to be different to anything that was happening back then.

What would be much more helpful would be if you could post in Tech Support with all the information requested at the top of that forum along with a savegame made at the point when you were having the problem. That way we could take a look at what was happening in your specific case and try and work out whether it is indeed a problem and, if it is, fix it. I'm guessing you might not have such a save, though, if you've worked past that point.

Return to “X4: Foundations”